How Can I Receive Free Reusable Bags?

I think you just have to watch for a promo going on. I got 3 free when I did the science diet campaign for buzzagent.com. If you have an Aldi's grocery store they have extra large bags really cheap. I think maybe $2 a piece and I can easily get 3 walmart/target normal sized bags into one of those. I've had my bags almost 2 year and they are still in perfect condition.They are definately worth the price.

Do you have a Publix close to home? I have gotten a bag as the penny item.

nope, never heard of them. lol

i did find out though, that if you send in 5 target bags, they'll send you a coupon voucher for one of their new reusable bags. ($5.99 value) Now all i have to do is start keeping the bags down and out of the attic and stop using them as tissue paper.

nope, never heard of them. lol

i did find out though, that if you send in 5 target bags, they'll send you a coupon voucher for one of their new reusable bags. ($5.99 value) Now all i have to do is start keeping the bags down and out of the attic and stop using them as tissue paper.

Wow, really? Where do you send them to?

I just got one at Shaws supermarket for $1.50..it has a polar bear on it and it is insulated. The reason I bought it is that 100% of the proceeds goes to Roger Williams Zoo in Providence. IIRC the funds are going to upgrade the polar bear habitat.

I do not mind spending the $$$ if it is going to a good cause :fluffy:

I just got one at Shaws supermarket for $1.50..it has a polar bear on it and it is insulated. The reason I bought it is that 100% of the proceeds goes to Roger Williams Zoo in Providence. IIRC the funds are going to upgrade the polar bear habitat.

I do not mind spending the $$$ if it is going to a good cause :fluffy:

Now if I could only remember to bring them back out to the car after I have unloaded the

groceries :rolleyes:

Ok, so you send 5 clean target bags to :

TerraCycle

121 New York Avenue

Trenton, NJ 08638

Make sure to affix postage and that the envelope is at least 8 1/2 x 11 or larger.

For every 5 bags, you get a coupon for their Re-Tote Bag.

Just to clarify, are you including a SASE for the re-tote bag?

Or do they just want you to send the 5 target bags in a large envelope...

Doing some searching, I found this info:

Target has launched an innovative promotion with People magazine to give away reusable tote bags. Just remove the cover of the October 27 issue of People. Fold it inside out and tape the sides to create a postage paid envelope. Fill the envelope with five plastic Target bags. Seal all sides and mail by November 30, 2008. You’ll receive a coupon in the mail for a free reusable tote bag in early January.

If you don’t have the October 27 issue of People, simply put five plastic Target bags in an 8 ½” x 11” envelope. Affix postage and mail to:

TerraCycle

121 New York Avenue

Trenton, NJ 08638

Also, here's a pic of the reusable bag that you get. I thought it was one of the red canvas bags, but these are actually made from the returned plastic bags.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/kmbrly999/Targetbag.jpg

They'll send back a coupon for one free Re-Tote Bag. If you send in say, 10 used target bags, they'll send you 2 coupons for the Re-Tote Bag. The Bags are really nice, like kmbrly said, they're made out of regular plastic target bags.

On the sending Target bags for coupons, I hope you guys have noticed that they had to be postmarked by November 30, 2008.

I think that date was just for if you were sending in that magazine cover. I had also seen more recent articles about sending in the bags.

I just saw the Walgreens ad for next week starting 2/1 and they have their reusable bags (with a coupon) for 3 for $1. They're not the biggest ones I've seen, but not too bad either.

I need to pick up a few. I'm thinking of using 2 for my kids for Easter (they are 11 and 15) and just putting candy and stuff in them. THen when they are done I can have them back for shopping....

Every few months, World Market will run a "first come, first serve" promo on free bags. Last summer they gave away a huge canvas bag and this year, about a week ago, they ran a promo for another tote that was quite large. I posted the link under Freebies, but it was only good for 1/24 and 1/25 of this year. I'll try to remember to PM you if I get another promo, in addition to posting.:)

Hot Topic has two choices for $1 donation to a music charity- we chose the bigger one- it is black, about the size of a messenger bag, with a small white skull on it. My 13yo told me now I will not be such a dork getting groceries =)

did you get this at the store or online only