Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist Free

I know that the Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist is a seasonal item. However I figured it would be in stores through the new year. I went to my large local grocery store on Saturday and planned on picking up a couple of packs and the Pepsi guy was carting it out of the store! :mad:

I stopped him and asked if he had any of the diet variety (his cart only had the regular kind on it) and he said it was all gone.

I haven't had the opportunity to check Walmart or Target yet. Is this common practice? I would have thought it would have lasted through the New Year and even then until it sold out.

It is a possibility, since it is a local grocery store, that the store decided to stop carrying it for one reason or another. They could have brought it in on a certain date and agreed to carry it for so many days...and the day you saw the Pepsi guy haul it away was the day they had to start removing it from store shelves.

My son in law works for Pepsi. They own the spots in the stores and the stores cannot tell them what to put there. It 's their own decision. The company has different stuff they carry and want to sell at different times. My son in law has a garage full of mountain dew aluminum bottles cause they are out of date and they won't sell them anymmore. Maybe what they were taking out of the store was also out of date.

i didn't know it was a seasonal item. i see it at the store everytime i go. i usually only get the 20oz one, but i see the 2 ltr too. don't know what i'll do once they penalize me for buying pop. wonder if koolaid will fit into the 'obesity tax'. oh, how i hate new york.

I finally found 3 - 20 oz bottles of the SM Free Cranberry Splash at a CVS. I did also find some 12 pks of the SM Cranberry Splash at CVS too. Those three bottles won't last me long but they will tide me over through the weekend. :)

Target was completely out, another grocery store in town was completely out. Maybe I will check out the Kwik Trips and other gas stations around my area.

I can't for the life of me figure out why they don't add this product to their regular line. It sells out every year before the holidays are over. I have a good friend who is a big wig at Pepsi and he doesn't know why they don't add it either. I would buy the 'Free' version all the time. It's addictive.