Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I swear this time last year there were 3 aisles of Back to School at 50-75% off and an aisle of fans at 50% (I checked my old bank statements to verify dates). This year fans are still full price with just some AC window units at 30%. BTS is still full price except for one small section they were marking today at 30%, and they have less than half the stock they did last year. Patio and grills still just 30% and again far less stock than last year. And nothing at all on clearance in toys now except for pools and swim toys at 30%.

Clearly my Target has gotten much more strategic in how much they stock and how quickly they mark down. Good for Target, bad for me...:(

I swear this time last year there were 3 aisles of Back to School at 50-75% off and an aisle of fans at 50% (I checked my old bank statements to verify dates). This year fans are still full price with just some AC window units at 30%. BTS is still full price except for one small section they were marking today at 30%, and they have less than half the stock they did last year. Patio and grills still just 30% and again far less stock than last year. And nothing at all on clearance in toys now except for pools and swim toys at 30%.

Clearly my Target has gotten much more strategic in how much they stock and how quickly they mark down. Good for Target, bad for me...:(

Thats exactly how mine local Target is now. I am lucky that I have 6 Targets around but the closest one is getting so slow with the clearences.

I can't believe patio umbrellas are still only 30% off. I really want one, but I was hoping they would go a little lower.

There was only one left at my closest Target at 30% and now it is gone. If you really want/need one, 30% off may be the best you can do - I had no luck last year, either.

Has anyone seen grills for 50% off? What day will those likely get marked down? I haven't been paying attention to them, but all of a sudden realized that I may need to get a birthday gift for DH and that may be perfect!

Last week there were select grills at 50% off. I remember an Aussie stainless steel gas grill with side burner that was around $139, also a smaller grill with side burner around $99, and some really small portable charcoal grills that were also 50% off. This was before the weekend though, I'd be surprised if there are any left. Good luck and let us know what you find!

Thats exactly how mine local Target is now. I am lucky that I have 6 Targets around but the closest one is getting so slow with the clearences.

Based on what I hear from people working for manufacturers & wholesale distributors, this is happening more and more with the downturn. I was just reading in a toy industry magazine that they are expecting to see a lot more "hot" toys this Christmas season because stores aren't going to be stocking as much merchandise. They simply don't want to risk getting stuck with excess merchandise. So until the economy turns around, we may be seeing less available for clearance. And, if the stores get better at it, it may continue even after...

For this whole year they have changed how they do clearance compared to previous years, the after holiday schedule isn't the same as it used to be and the clearance schedule hasn't been what it used to be. And they definitely leave stuff on lower clearance for longer.

Reset and/or markdown crews all over my Target this morning! Most everything, except school, was down to 50% and some stuff 75%- looked like they were getting ready for Halloween near the school stuff so maybe it will go down soon (still 30%)

Did score on some things though-

Almay eyeshadow- 1.77 (was 8 something)

Scrapbook aisle tons of 50% off, paper, stickers, tools (at my store, have to grab at 50%, not much makes it to 75%)

Off Lanterns- the big ones- 2.98, still had four bzzagent coupons for $3 off so made 8 cents!

Maybelline 50 second nail polish .87 (this stuff lasts pretty long and dries super fast)

A book in with clearance video games, was 11.20, got for 2.80

Pretty good trip :)

Tags still $24.95 here (Bryan, TX)...will check again tomorrow. I was still able to get some cereal cups and cheap wipes and Milk Bones for the dogs.

The cashier wouldn't let me use the $1/2 coupon on MP cheese because she said the coupon is for more than the items would cost. I asked if she could adjust it down to the purchase price and she said no that they were no longer allowed to do that because the store was losing too much money that way. It didn't make sense to me but it wasn't worth it so I just paid for my items and left....

In Rockford, IL the tags hit 75% off today at that store. The Machesney Park store still has them at 50%. Be sure to scan them at the stores as the ones in Rockford were not marked but rang up. They went today because I was there yesterday and they were still 50. The pools and stuff finally went 75 today too.

NC this morning, lots of mark down people in aisle, several area cleaned and putting out costumes

Tags 75%

pool stuff still at 50%

school supplies at 50%

all the guitar hero games that were at 50% went to 75%, other games still at 50%

remaining lawn furniture 50% but deadsmack in middle of where they were putting halloween so if didn't get marked down today will go soon, lots of 2 seater swings, stacking chairs and wicker loveseat and single chairs as well as tables left at my area store

umbrellas still 30%

I am so mad at myself! I do not know why I had it in my head it was the 6 pack - I see 8 packs every time I go and I don't even bother with them because I was sure it wasn't the right size! I am going to target right this second!

I believe the 59 cents one have no cardboard insert in them whereas the full price ones do?