Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I got six $49.99 Wii games for $25.49 each after using the $10 off coupons and my 10% off day pass. They are not all for my kids. A couple for my girlfriend's kids and a couple for the nephews. Awesome deal though. I didn't have to fight with the cashier as I was prepared to do. They scanned nicely. Also found LOTS of candy and used the Target coupons with that so was able to get the fun size M&M bags for .89 after my discount.

ugh .. the Target I went to last night had the Vizio TVs from a few pages back and the Tom Toms .. but only at 30% off. Even scanned them just to be sure. Talked to an associate who said they must be on a different mark down schedule than everyone else. He knew about the price drop on the Vizio - but didn't know about the Tom Toms.

But I did score bags of candy and used those handy Target coupons!

Saw at the Bedfor NH store some of the Tom Toms for the $49.99 price, called everybody I thought would need one but all said no. Have one already so. Halloween candy was 50%. Went to the Salem NH store and Halloween candy was 75% so bought some for $1.74 each. Then found a Worthington Propane tank reg price $29.99 got it for $3.74. Friend was with me so show him how and where to look for things. He couldn't believe some of the markdowns. Heard from his wife this morning that he was at Target this morning at 9am to look for himself. Created another perimeter persuer .

To Sassyaztec - THANKS for the recipe! They sound yummy! Unfortunately I couldn't find any Halloween Mikly Ways left at my Target yesterday but I'm about to run out to another one :)

Also thanks for those posting about the Wii games - got 6 of the $14.99 ones yesterday. I read the posting by the "coupon queen" (sorry I don't recall your name) too quick and only used 2 coupons (instead of 3), ugh!!! But it was still a good deal & I'm new at this / still learning!

Nevertheless, I got 6 Wii games + the spongebob "tub of games" (50% off with TQ coupon, reg $14.99, pd $7.49) for a total of $51 with tax. Certainly can't complain about getting 7 presents out of the way for $50 .... THANKS!!!!!!

Also thanks for those posting about the Wii games - got 6 of the $14.99 ones yesterday. I read the posting by the "coupon queen" (sorry I don't recall your name) too quick and only used 2 coupons (instead of 3), ugh!!! But it was still a good deal & I'm new at this / still learning!

take in your receipt with the 3rd coupon - they will still let you use it!

Ok, I'm not understanding the whole Wii thing, could someone please explain agian??

The Wii games this week are buy 2 get 1 free (games 49.99 or less). The Target Toy book has a coupon for $10 off purchase of 2 Wii games.

...and remember, buying SIX (if you can use that many) gets you the sweetest deal because you are only actually paying for FOUR, but getting to use a coupon for all SIX.

Just tallied up my wii game totals and figured that I got 18 games for $271.55. My total was lowered by almost $15 because of the 5% rewards program that Target is trialing in the Kansas City area. So, that averages to about $15 per game, and I got:

5- $50 games;

2- $40 games;

5- $30 games;

3- $20 games and

3- $15 games.

Finally Target has given me something fun. I haven't found much on clearance for a long time and have gotten really bored with shopping there. This has kind of made up for it, especially since I have kids that are getting more and more into these kinds of games instead of toys.

Just tallied up my wii game totals and figured that I got 18 games for $271.55. My total was lowered by almost $15 because of the 5% rewards program that Target is trialing in the Kansas City area. So, that averages to about $15 per game, and I got:

5- $50 games;

2- $40 games;

5- $30 games;

3- $20 games and

3- $15 games.

Finally Target has given me something fun. I haven't found much on clearance for a long time and have gotten really bored with shopping there. This has kind of made up for it, especially since I have kids that are getting more and more into these kinds of games instead of toys.

What's the rewards program? I haven't heard anything about it here, but I've been way too busy to look. I wonder if we are participating.

Question, I printed the LeapFrog Q's (TQ and MQ) and they say you can't combine them?? They had a MQ for $5 off the junior...could I use the $10 instead?

They "say" you can't combine them but most of you guys have....so I'm guessing you can??? I'm new to couponing and I haven't ever combined coupons....

Glenbrook and Northwood still at 50% off candy and 75% off everything else. Funny thing: I scored one pack of the 30 ct. mini pretzels 75% off ($1.49) at Glenbrook but the same exact product scanned at $3.99 at Northwood. Could be why they had half an endcap full of the obviously Halloween bags. Also at Glenbrook,the mini-chewy granola bars scanned 75% off for .62 which wasn't all that great for 15 little bars.

This was in the regular aisle,but they had Bakugan case sleeves cleareance priced at .99 (reg. $2.99) in case anyone is interested.

What's the rewards program? I haven't heard anything about it here, but I've been way too busy to look. I wonder if we are participating.

We're not. In the KC area they are trying out a new rewards program where you get 5% off all of your redcard purchases instead of earning points towards a 10% off. I'd prefer the 5% all the time, so I hope they extend it to the Springfield market.

Question, I printed the LeapFrog Q's (TQ and MQ) and they say you can't combine them?? They had a MQ for $5 off the junior...could I use the $10 instead?

They "say" you can't combine them but most of you guys have....so I'm guessing you can??? I'm new to couponing and I haven't ever combined coupons....

I used both the Target Q and the Leapfrog Q yesterday and I used them on Leapfrog Tag Jr. I printed 3 of each Q (used the $10 Leapfrog Q) and got 3 Tag Jr.s for $8.99 each. No problems what so ever!

I used both the Target Q and the Leapfrog Q yesterday and I used them on Leapfrog Tag Jr. I printed 3 of each Q (used the $10 Leapfrog Q) and got 3 Tag Jr.s for $8.99 each. No problems what so ever!

:yup:

you have always been able to combine a Target Q with a Manufacturer Q.

I was sooo bummed, I found a graco umbrella type stroller in the box that was marked with a clearance sticker, but the price was ripped off, so I brought it to the scanner and it came up INF. Brought it up front and they would not sell it to me because when the service desk looked it up it printed out a salvaged sticker. Darn, I feel like I missed a good deal :(.

Nothing very exciting at my store this morning (had to make another trip back- discovered an entire bottle of laundry detergent spilled in my Durango this morning! Ugh) They were, however, pretty much resetting the entire store for christmas. Maybe some more clearance will come out of it :)

Finally saw Halloween candy for 75% off. Got enough for Christmas stockings and to make little stockings for all the nieces and nephews (up to 14 now) to go with their gift cards.

When I asked about the toy coupon book they looked at me like I was crazy... guess that means my store is too new to know what comes out every year.

South Towne Target on state st.

Score = Home Basics Luxury Foot Bubbler with heat, only $5! I bought all 3, check it out.

I got all excited when I saw this and then read that you bought them all. Thank goodness I didn't load the troops up for that. :)

It is fun to see that there is another gottadealer in the area! I was gonna go today, but couldn't bring myself to get my grumpy kids ready and out the door.

All of you that are buying the Wii games - do you all have a Wii? I want to do this deal, but I don't have the system. Are they still in hot demand now?

It's a great system and they just had a price cut early this fall. Instead of regular price of $250, they are now $200. We have one and it is a lot of fun. My sister has one too, so all the games that I bought are for Christmas. Kids around the 10-11 year old range can be tricky to buy for (in my opinion). Wii games are always welcomed with smiles around birthday and Christmas time. (And all my sister's kids and 1 of my own were born in Dec/Jan, so I have double whammy this time of year.)