Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

saw lots of goodies last night!! no numbers, sorry, i had a tag along and felt rushed.

epson all in one printer 14.99 (75%)

beertender 104.98 (50%)

kitchen aid blender 49.98 (50%)

vtech cordless phones 4.98-14.98 (75%)

various boys shirts .98-1.24 (75%)

corelle 4 place setting dish sets 14.98 (75%)

kodak rechargeable camera battery with carrying case 6.24 (75%)

75% off finds:

###056130012 7" LCD digital picture frame 17.48 was 69.99

###056130032 2.4" LCD digital magnetic picture viewer 8.74 was 34.99

###056050605 Snap digital camera 9.98 was 39.99

###201020230 World of Goo game software 3.74 was 14.99

###201020351 Zuma game software 4.98 was 19.99

50% off:

###057160003 Garmin 205 GPS 79.98 was 159.99

I saw signs at Target yesterday about them pm'ing to competitors ads. Is that something new or did they always do this?

started a month or two ago. printed in the center of the Sunday circular. now they are putting up more signs. I've done it a few times. you just have to go to guest services.

This morning I found an electric guitar reg $149.99 for $37.48. Got 2 of those, they must have JUST been marked down (no fighting Christmas morning but my ears may bleed), laptop bag for $3.87, muscle shirt for DS10 for $0.98 and 2 Mossimo Tee's for $1.98 each, digital magnetic picture viewer for $8.74, 2 bathing suits for DD11 for $3.24 each, 5 pack girls hipsters for $3.98, Microsoft mouse for $3.74.

I know this may not mean much to anyone, but if someone is really vacillating about whether to buy the digital cameras/videos, etc. that are so cheap... here is my two cents....

I have gotten those low pixel cameras before for my daughter(s), who was about 6-7 at the time. They are kind of a big PITA and here is why...

When you give cameras to kids that age, they want to take pictures of EVERYTHING... and I mean everything. In no time, they will come to you with a full card and wonder, "what next, mom?" Can we print the pictures now? So, I found myself saying, well I'm not sure that having 12 pictures of the fish tank; 8 pictures of your baby doll; 15 pictures of the cats, 3 pictures of the mailbox, etc... is worth a trip/cost to have them printed off. (Especially when you have a sorta low pixel camera and the prints don't turn out all that great.) So, I at least try to make them wait until there is a cheap sale on prints, but by then... nobody cares anymore. Kids want instant... "now, mom, now!!

So, maybe just have them put them up on the computer screen to view. That's great too. And if you can convince them that is enough... GREAT. My girls really wanted to HAVE the pictures in their hands to frame/put in their room/take to school, etc.. Maybe you can just print them on the printer, mom?? Sure, I can do that... again though kind of a wasted cost in ink considering what 6, 7, 8 year olds want to take pictures of. (And again on a pretty low pixel camera.)

Anyway, I am in no way trying to party poop on anyone's great gift idea. I'm just saying that I have found nice quality digital cameras 5 or 6 mp cameras for pretty cheap (at Target). They don't have Hannah or Diego on them. They are just normal digital cameras. But at least, I can feel a bit better about them using a good quality camera and when I do splurge for pictures of the sidewalk, at least they are good quality! LOL!! (Honestly though, my daughter is almost 9 and is really only now ready to have control of a camera after many conversations about how to take pictures and the costs involved, etc.)

I realize more than anyone (after 3 kiddos) that most toys are really just for some fleeting fun, and what really makes these cameras any different? I mean they ARE cheap enough and for that money, kids can just pretend or do whatever and you won't be out too much. I'm just saying that most of those low mega pixel, character looking cameras have ended up at the bottom of the toy box after so much pestering finally went unanswered. I mean THE KIDS can take the pictures, but ultimately, it will probably be a parent who has to see the picture through to whatever happens next... whether it is put up on the computer, put into a digital picture frame or made into a print.

Just my two cents. I'm sure that there are moms out there with kiddos who have taken award winning photos and unlike my girls, don't find it all that much fun to take pictures of potted plants, their sister's feet, or ME first thing in the morning!!

Again, this is really just my own opinion. After my experiences with these types of cameras, quite honestly... I would NOT like to see one given to my younger daughters (4 and 6) as a Christmas gift. It would really be more of a parental hassle than anything.

I don't have kids this age but my sister does and they gave their DD a camera at 9 and even at that age she takes pictures of everything. We went to the zoo with them and it took forever to see everything because she had to take 10 pictures of every animal. She loves it and that's what's important. Anyway the point of this post is to say I got a cheap digital picture frame that she can just put her SD card into and then she has instant access to all fo the pictures and change them when she wants. This works perfect for them and she loves it. So as you are looking at these cameras take a look at the frames too.

I don't have kids this age but my sister does and they gave their DD a camera at 9 and even at that age she takes pictures of everything. We went to the zoo with them and it took forever to see everything because she had to take 10 pictures of every animal. She loves it and that's what's important. Anyway the point of this post is to say I got a cheap digital picture frame that she can just put her SD card into and then she has instant access to all fo the pictures and change them when she wants. This works perfect for them and she loves it. So as you are looking at these cameras take a look at the frames too.

We downloaded the ones our 8 year old takes, and we made it the screen saver for the computer they use in the living room.

This morning I found an electric guitar reg $149.99 for $37.48. Got 2 of those, they must have JUST been marked down (no fighting Christmas morning but my ears may bleed), laptop bag for $3.87, muscle shirt for DS10 for $0.98 and 2 Mossimo Tee's for $1.98 each, digital magnetic picture viewer for $8.74, 2 bathing suits for DD11 for $3.24 each, 5 pack girls hipsters for $3.98, Microsoft mouse for $3.74.

Do you have the numbers for the guitar? ALso where was it located in the store?

I never seem to have any luck with deals like you all find at our local stores. The only thing I have ever been able to find was one of the inflatable Banzai slides for $92. Now granted I was tickled to death with that one, but I want more! lol:D

It didn't show up in the inventory locator online, so I took the DPCI with me to work and looked it up to see if we had any in stock or if there was any at another store in the area.

i don't think the online checker is working....again. I haven't been able to get it to find anything recently.

I got:

### Party favor - 4 pack wrist leis (org 1.99 paid .48)

### CARS step into reading book (org 3.59 paid .88)

### Golden Book the poky little puppy (org 2.69 paid .67)

### Disney Pixar bedtime stories lights and music (org 12.99 paid 3.24)

### Digital Magnetic Frame (paid 8.74)

75% off -

CARS Camera - 12.48

wireless mouse for computer

Guitar

Children's books (coloring, reading, etc)

Children's flashcards

Frames

Digital frame for fridge

Party supplies 75% (goody bag favors, decorations)

Scrapbooking supplies

50%

Gift bags

Gift wrap

Bows

Tissue Paper

There was more but I can't think!!!:eyepoppin

Do you have the numbers for the guitar? ALso where was it located in the store?

DCPI#057 12 0146 and I found mine on the back row of the electronic department at the end of the row (against the wall). They were with the keyboards/mice that were clearanced. They had a lot of clearance around that area, I just had to look around.

I checked in the computer at work and the TV is on clearance for $350. However it is not in stock in any stores in the area. (Dallas/Ft. Worth)

Maybe that's the 50% off price, so maybe my sticker had the wrong original price. But that would mean I got it for 75% off! We put it in our bedroom, it seems really nice.

I hope someone else has luck finding one in stock at 75% off...good luck!

I never seem to have any luck with deals like you all find at our local stores. The only thing I have ever been able to find was one of the inflatable Banzai slides for $92. Now granted I was tickled to death with that one, but I want more! lol:D

It's usually 'hit or miss' with me. I do okay most of the time with the small stuff. But I waited forever for that Banzai slide to go 50% off at my Target. There was only one left and I stalked it everyday when it was at 30% off. The day it was marked down, it went straight to 75% off and someone beat me to it. :yuck:

DCPI#057 12 0146 and I found mine on the back row of the electronic department at the end of the row (against the wall). They were with the keyboards/mice that were clearanced. They had a lot of clearance around that area, I just had to look around.

I found the last one at a target by my work today. Picked it up for a Christmas gift for BF son. I was super excited. The target that he stopped at on the way home for work still had them at 129.00. :cheesy:

. Anyway the point of this post is to say I got a cheap digital picture frame that she can just put her SD card into and then she has instant access to all fo the pictures and change them when she wants. This works perfect for them and she loves it. So as you are looking at these cameras take a look at the frames too.

What an awesome idea! :yup: