Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Hyper Jump was the only one that was SUPPOSED to be marked down. My receipt even says Hyper Jump on it instead of Hyper Dash. Go into any store with the reset, and they have the new price tag. The other Hyper games aren't marked down at all. So, it is a great deal. Particularly since it is even cheaper than 75% off. :yup: I picked up several for my gift shelf.

It is a great deal. I do want to thank you for all of your great info. You know so much about the target clearance sales. This is my first year doing it and I am so addicted. I did the after Christmas sale and now the summer one. Thanks!:tongue1:

Our store has NONE of these deals. The only summer toys that were 75% off were the small things like bubbles and jump ropes (not kites, though), one or two random water guns, and a slip and slide that looks like a shark. Nothing else.

The baby stuff was not marked down beyond 30% as near as I could tell. That was a bummer b/c I needed a baby shower gift for this coming week.

The rest of the toys might have gone 75% off, but, honestly, there wasn't enough left after last week to be able to tell. Everything left is on 2 endcaps all mixed up.

Our store has NONE of these deals. The only summer toys that were 75% off were the small things like bubbles and jump ropes (not kites, though), one or two random water guns, and a slip and slide that looks like a shark. Nothing else.

The baby stuff was not marked down beyond 30% as near as I could tell. That was a bummer b/c I needed a baby shower gift for this coming week.

The rest of the toys might have gone 75% off, but, honestly, there wasn't enough left after last week to be able to tell. Everything left is on 2 endcaps all mixed up.

Sounds like you missed it. If you live in an area where they don't have as many stores, your store may sell out before stuff gets lowered further. But if you aren't there when the markdown happens, you can miss out entirely. You may also just have a rotten store. My mom's store in Clarksville (other side of TN) is pretty rotten. The market is dominated by a bunch of nasty Walmarts. So the Target just doesn't have much.

You missed the last Construction Sandbox this afternoon. My friend went to the RWC one around 2pm and got the last box. They didn't have the picnic table or the sandbox there though.

ARGH I'm so MAD at myself. I was there YESTERDAY doing a quick fly-by, since someone tipped me off about a possible DSLR clearance but I didn't see it. I should have looked closer.

ARGH I'm so MAD at myself. I was there YESTERDAY doing a quick fly-by, since someone tipped me off about a possible DSLR clearance but I didn't see it. I should have looked closer.

Don't feel bad. I was at the RWC store yesterday afternoon and the summer stuff was not 75% off (I looked).

Sounds like you missed it. If you live in an area where they don't have as many stores, your store may sell out before stuff gets lowered further. But if you aren't there when the markdown happens, you can miss out entirely. You may also just have a rotten store. My mom's store in Clarksville (other side of TN) is pretty rotten. The market is dominated by a bunch of nasty Walmarts. So the Target just doesn't have much.

That's the crazy part. Our store is usually right with everybody else's. We are in sort of a rural area, but I usually have decent luck w/ clearance stuff.

I didn't miss the summer toys. Ther were plenty of them. They just weren't 75% off.

Maybe I DID miss the baby stuff. I don't have a baby so I don't usually keep up with that dept. I was just hoping that since I needed a shower gift I would find something good. Oh well!

I may head back today just in case the mark down team is running behind on the toys.

That's the crazy part. Our store is usually right with everybody else's. We are in sort of a rural area, but I usually have decent luck w/ clearance stuff.

I didn't miss the summer toys. Ther were plenty of them. They just weren't 75% off.

Maybe I DID miss the baby stuff. I don't have a baby so I don't usually keep up with that dept. I was just hoping that since I needed a shower gift I would find something good. Oh well!

I may head back today just in case the mark down team is running behind on the toys.

Bummer! Well, if they still have it, that DOES mean you still have a chance if they are simply behind schedule...

My store was behind on the markdowns. Went today and the summer toys were 75%. My store never got any sand boxes since its a small store, but I was able to grab 3 of the picnic tables that turn into sand/water tables. One for my girls and each of my nephews. Now just to wait for the pools to go 75% and the bounce houses:yup:

Went to 2 Targets yesterday & scored a few GREAt deals. The Legos that i had hidden finally went to 75% so I got 5 boxes of them, all different :) :) .

Got a couple of slip n slides for $2.48

Terminater arm thingy $6.48

Bubble mower $4.48

Batman Leapster game $6.48

2 more Leapster ac adaptors $2.48

5 different Lego sets @ 75%... star wars, cityx 2 & Castles x2

Bubbles

Sand toys

water guns

**** FYI**** The Leapster ac adaptors work on both the Click Start & Didj :) :)

They are $2.48 rather than $9.99 that they have the others marked at :)

Anyone know what Target's policy is regarding returns going back on the floor to be sold? I have a Step 2 picnic table that I am going to return. My friend wants to buy it, since she can't find one anywhere now. If I return it to the store and she pretends she doesn't know me, will Guest Services allow her to try to buy the item?

The old Williamsburg, VA store had pools 75% off last night. I'm talking the big 15"x42" down to $8x.xx!!! If we didn't already have one I so would have grabbed one.

I asked a markdown member if pools were going 75% and he said not today so it has to be next week for us. He is my favorite team member, he is in his 60's and always asks if he can help me. The 15X42 is what I have my eyes on:eyepoppin I can't wait for it to go 75 and there are quite a few left at my store:)

Anyone know what Target's policy is regarding returns going back on the floor to be sold? I have a Step 2 picnic table that I am going to return. My friend wants to buy it, since she can't find one anywhere now. If I return it to the store and she pretends she doesn't know me, will Guest Services allow her to try to buy the item?

It's possible depends on the guest service attendant.

Why don't you just sell it to your friend? That sounds so complicated.

Is anyone familiar with Ubi Petz? It appears to be a plush animal with a code that can be unlocked online, but I can't figure out if you must have Nintendo to play with it or if it can also be just played with online without the Nintendo.

Anyone know anything about these?

TIA!!

I have to agree. You cannot rely on Target to sell it to her since their official policy is that it has to be put back out on the floor. And you don't know when or if they'll do it. The employee may want it, for example.

If you are having problems selling it to your friend because one of you did or wants to use a credit card, you could either have her write a check to your credit card company and use it with your regular payment, if that is the issue. Or, you could do a Paypal thing where they mark the payment as a gift and it won't cost any fees. Just a couple of thoughts. But if you return it, you run the risk of both losing out.

If it were that simple, that's what I would do. I bought the item at 30% off (which is why I'm returning it now) and she wants to buy it at 75% off (the current price). She's not so desperate for it that she would buy it from me for only 30% off.

If Target's policy is to hold it for 24 hrs or something like that, then I won't even bother meeting her at the store when I return it. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what their policy was to determine whether or not we should even try it.

The old Williamsburg, VA store had pools 75% off last night. I'm talking the big 15"x42" down to $8x.xx!!! If we didn't already have one I so would have grabbed one.

That's the one I've been waiting on! I just called our store tho and was told they're still regular price here?:confused: I'm gonna be checking daily tho, only two left!

norma

If it were that simple, that's what I would do. I bought the item at 30% off (which is why I'm returning it now) and she wants to buy it at 75% off (the current price). She's not so desperate for it that she would buy it from me for only 30% off.

If Target's policy is to hold it for 24 hrs or something like that, then I won't even bother meeting her at the store when I return it. I just wanted to know if anyone knew what their policy was to determine whether or not we should even try it.

They have no such policy (at least as a corporation, you might get lucky with a specific store), particularly for clearance. I think your best bet would be to meet up and have her just wander into the guest services area a couple of minutes later with no interaction between you and ask the person there if she can buy it because she was coming in to look for just that item. Heck, you can even claim that some other store said that store had 1 in stock and she drove there just for it. They all know that their computers are wrong on inventory all the time, and would probably believe it. If they refuse, I'd have her ask for a manager. Worth a try.

That's the one I've been waiting on! I just called our store tho and was told they're still regular price here?:confused: I'm gonna be checking daily tho, only two left!

norma

Not all stores clearance items at the same time. Some larger stores will hold items at regular price if they have the floor/shelf space for an item even though other local stores clearance it. Sometimes it clearances only at the stores where it doesn't sell well. Right now we have several stores that have clearanced 2-3 different action figure toys while other stores in the area still have them at full price. Sometimes I'll buy with cash at the full price store and return to the clearance store in order to get the clearance price. It doesn't always work because sometimes other people get them when they get put back on the shelf. But sometimes it does. Just hard to do that with a really large item.

Secret Deal: Hyper Dash is $3.72. This is definitely an error. The Hyper Jump games were marked down, and there is a new shelf tag for Hyper Dash (which is a pretty cool game) for $16.99. But they are ringing up for the sale price at every store I have visited.

I'm visiting my MIL in Ohio this weekend, I checked two local stores and this is full price....bummer.

Yes they do but I cant remember when I saw them. I have a feeling that they are coming up soon. Hope you fine one :)

Thanks!:) Me too, that's why I asked. I thought it was around this time when camping, tennis and other outdoor stuff got clearanced out? I would like to get one for my boys for Christmas this year!

Target in my little town of SE OHIO clearanced jewelry. Inside the display cases everything was 30-50% off. Snagged two watches at 50% off for gifts...I've just started getting into Target clearance deals but I don't think I've ever seen that many red stickers in jewelry before.