Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Our store marked down the small summer toys to 50%, but most of everything else was still 30%. They were also in the process of moving the toys to the end caps, not an aisle, but were running out of space. Lots of baby stuff was 50%.

So if Wed, is the usual toy markdown day, does that usually mean that the items will be marked in the morning?

Not necessarily. First, you want to be sure that Wednesday is the day for your store. If you do not know already, the only way to find out is to go. They often mark toys in the morning. However, I have been there many times when they were not able to start until mid or late afternoon. It simply depends on their workload. That is why you have to get to know your local store well. Our closest stores typically do it Thursday mornings, but one of them has been running behind and been doing it in the afternoon.

So if Wed, is the usual toy markdown day, does that usually mean that the items will be marked in the morning?

Our stores markdown day for toys is Thurs & they usually do it in the morning. I will be there at 8am.

How does this work???

Ok so say they are gonna be marking the toys down on Thursday but are really busy doing other stuff first thing & dont get to pricing it until the afternnon, how would it work if I took a clearence toy to a team member who has one of those scanners that they use to bleep all of the clearence stuff that prints out the red stickers & had them scan it to see how much it scans at. Surely if they are gonna out the toys at 75% off say in the afternoon it will show up on that machine. I know it wont change on the pricecheckers are around the store until they are scanned it with their machine first.

Does that make sense to anyone, LOL :D , I know what I am trying ti say but not sure if it came outthe way I want.

I guess I mean if I go into the store Thurs morn & nothing in toiys have been marked down then if I take one of my items that I am looking to get at 75% have them scan it I will know if they plan on marking it down at all that day because the Target system will have all the mark downs for that day stored into that machine!!! :smart:

Our stores markdown day for toys is Thurs & they usually do it in the morning. I will be there at 8am.

How does this work???

Ok so say they are gonna be marking the toys down on Thursday but are really busy doing other stuff first thing & dont get to pricing it until the afternnon, how would it work if I took a clearence toy to a team member who has one of those scanners that they use to bleep all of the clearence stuff that prints out the red stickers & had them scan it to see how much it scans at. Surely if they are gonna out the toys at 75% off say in the afternoon it will show up on that machine. I know it wont change on the pricecheckers are around the store until they are scanned it with their machine first.

Does that make sense to anyone, LOL :D , I know what I am trying ti say but not sure if it came outthe way I want.

I guess I mean if I go into the store Thurs morn & nothing in toiys have been marked down then if I take one of my items that I am looking to get at 75% have them scan it I will know if they plan on marking it down at all that day because the Target system will have all the mark downs for that day stored into that machine!!! :smart:

Some of the markdown team get irritated when you do that. Some are okay with it. If you know your store and the team members it may be fine. Just beware. They are particularly touchy on the toy days since they often get surrounded by people asking, and it slows them down. They have a quota of items they are required to markdown each day, and if they don't meet it, they can get into trouble.

Some of the markdown team get irritated when you do that. Some are okay with it. If you know your store and the team members it may be fine. Just beware. They are particularly touchy on the toy days since they often get surrounded by people asking, and it slows them down. They have a quota of items they are required to markdown each day, and if they don't meet it, they can get into trouble.

A couple of my Targets are fine about asking for prices but we have a few older lasies who get REALLy REALLY pi$$ed when you ask them. I found this one cool guy at the toy clearence after Christmas & he was so cool about helping me & my friends, when he found good stuff he even came & told me.. what an angel :D . We are on vacation right now so I dont know any of the team members here which sucks big time :yuck:

In one of the stores in my area the entire toy section has been reset. The boys toys have a royal blue background and the girls has a pink back ground. It really looks like there are fewer aisles than there has ever been in the toy section. Not much left of clearance toys, it will be slim pickings if they don't go this Thursday.

I did find a womans spiderman t shirt 50% off at 4.98.

In one of the stores in my area the entire toy section has been reset. The boys toys have a royal blue background and the girls has a pink back ground. It really looks like there are fewer aisles than there has ever been in the toy section. Not much left of clearance toys, it will be slim pickings if they don't go this Thursday.

I did find a womans spiderman t shirt 50% off at 4.98.

Be sure to check back. When they do the re-set, they often still have cart loads of clearance in the back. Sometimes it trickles out the next day or over a few days. Our re-set is the same size as always.

I'm going to swing by tomorrow and see how they look!

Then go Thursday morning 8am! and hope for 75%

Is everyone else thinking this week? or next?

I am so hoping this Thurs as we are on vacation & I have spent my whole vacation going to Target check, LOL. If it doesnt go I will have to go home & stalk all the Targets there & restash my goodies:(

I am so hoping this Thurs as we are on vacation & I have spent my whole vacation going to Target check, LOL. If it doesnt go I will have to go home & stalk all the Targets there & restash my goodies:(

haha I'm sure your not alone;):yup:

I'm going to swing by tomorrow and see how they look!

Then go Thursday morning 8am! and hope for 75%

Is everyone else thinking this week? or next?

I'm really thinking next week, but I plan to go this morning to check. They mark down toys here on Wednesdays.

When does everyone think that the big baby clearance will be? Our store doesn't have a lot left but I there are some larger items that I REALLY need to get for my sis. I plan to be there Monday bright and early, but I'm not sure what time of day baby clearance usually gets marked down. I know toys are always first thing at my store, so I KNOW that I will be there tomorrow before they open the doors.

I did prety well, I only bought what I needed :D which is a big deal for me, LOL ;) .

I got 3 Lego sets at 50% off

At 75% off I got magnetix x3 sizes

Geotrax & expasion set

Pirate moon sand

Atm machine

Hot Wheels set x2

Tonka Fire Truck

Einstiens bath set & exta sets for the rocket I got after Christmas

Leapster games

Tag books

Bakugan board games

Nerf guns

Handy Manny Tools

Vtech smile controller

Pixos

Marble run

Got a few more things but cant remember. I am heading back again in a few mins without kids just to make sure I have everything!!

The new Target in Williamsburg, VA was 75% off most toys, except Legos and Summer items, they were 50% off. The old Target, as of 11am, was resetting the department. I do not think they will go down today, but I will be there first thing in the morning!!

New to this thread and also dont shop at

target that much,Do fisher price toys ever go on clearance at Target?

TIA

YES!!!!! ;) What kind of Fisher Price stuff are you looking for?? I got the Fisher Orice Geo Tracks sets for 755 off today & they had some pink shake & something cars that drive by themself once you shake them. Didnt see a whole lot of Fisher Price stuff but there was stuff in the after Christmas clearence.

Ok so I went back again this time kidless :D:D:D:D.

Picked up a few more things & helped out a bunch of people.found a mum who had a 9 mth old boy so I got her set with stuff for him for Christmas as she had no idea what kind of toys to get one they grow out of infant toys.

Got a couple of airhog remote control cars for $7.48, found a my first chemistry set,more marble runs set, transformers Mr Pot heads, nice wooden checkers & chess set.

This toime picnic was at 90% so I picked up 5 waterguns that were 99cents each ;) , a few more margarita, mojito & cosmo mixes, & the sugar to go around the edge of the glasses.