Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Today, in Fairview, OR, I was hard pressed to find much on clearance that was more than 30% off. I did find:

###Champions girls clothing 75% off (tshirts $1.24, jackets $3.74, skirts $3.74, shorts $1.24.)

I also found 2 MM Apples after months of not finding any so that was nice! But one of the cashiers commented about the price and was confused by it and started talking to another cashier about it. I just acted like I wasn't paying attention to what she was saying and got busy getting my payment out! Luckily, it slid by. But I wouldn't be surprised if that is the last of the MMs at my store!

I was heading to the electronics dept today to check out the clearance and a guy grabbed three boxes that had what looked like laptops in them. They were smaller sized and had the wiring with the security thing wrapped around them? Anyone see something like this at their stores? Were curious how much they were and what exactly they were. I feel like I really missed out and don't even know what I missed out on? (hahaha) I figure they must have been a good deal for him to grab ALL THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and run to the checkouts! (well, not run but walked fast!) Hardly any toy clearance at my store.....

It's very possible that stores are carrying less inventory so there isn't as much to choose from as there used to be.

I agree and coupled with the fact that many people who quite possibly never really cared about watching for sales or shopping for markdowned stuff are happy to buy something at 30-50% off (to them, THAT'S a great deal). So, maybe what IS there during the sale/clearance period is purchased before the price gets axed really deeply.

Maybe.... maybe not. Just a theory!

I was heading to the electronics dept today to check out the clearance and a guy grabbed three boxes that had what looked like laptops in them. They were smaller sized and had the wiring with the security thing wrapped around them? Anyone see something like this at their stores? Were curious how much they were and what exactly they were. I feel like I really missed out and don't even know what I missed out on? (hahaha) I figure they must have been a good deal for him to grab ALL THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and run to the checkouts! (well, not run but walked fast!) Hardly any toy clearance at my store.....

They were netbooks (mini laptops) on clearance for $209.98, reg $299.99. I bought the last one today at my local store.

I agree and coupled with the fact that many people who quite possibly never really cared about watching for sales or shopping for markdowned stuff are happy to buy something at 30-50% off (to them, THAT'S a great deal). So, maybe what IS there during the sale/clearance period is purchased before the price gets axed really deeply.

Maybe.... maybe not. Just a theory!

That's pretty much my theory.

I know for me, I'll buy it at 30% if it's something I REALLY want. If it's something I kinda want but could maybe live without, I'll buy it at 50%. Now if I can get something I really want at 50% off, I'm a happy girl.

Of course, 75% off is the motherload. :tongue1:

However, I will be dancing a jig if I can get a nice patio set at 75% off. I may be dreaming but I can hope, right?

My Target had boxes of Market Pantry pizza rolls on clearance for .24 (75%). I got 8 boxes.

They also had the buffalo chicken flavor Pillsbury Savorings for .84 (75%). I only got 2 of those because I wasn't sure if they were good. My boys loved them tonite, though, so I'm hoping there's some left in the morning.

One more thing I saw on clearance in the same freezer section was the Ore-Ida (I think) potatoes that come in a bag that you microwave, then mash the potatoes... I think they're called Mash n Steam, although I could be making that up. Anyway, also 75% off.

And.... I scored an 8-pack of MP apple juice for .59. The last time I found a couple of those, I was stopped at the register and wasn't allowed to buy them. This time it sailed right through. :D

It's very possible that stores are carrying less inventory so there isn't as much to choose from as there used to be.

I think alot of retailers are scaling back. My local WM was recently remodeled and it's awful!! The store is 2/3 food now...automotive went from 4 to 2 aisles and the toy section was cut in half. They have 1 aisle of boys' toys, 1 girls, 1 baby/toddler & some games on a back wall. Even the electronics section was cut, there is only 1 aisle of CDs & 1 of DVDs now.

I guess I'm gonna get to do most of my BF shopping online!

My Target had boxes of Market Pantry pizza rolls on clearance for .24 (75%). I got 8 boxes.

They also had the buffalo chicken flavor Pillsbury Savorings for .84 (75%). I only got 2 of those because I wasn't sure if they were good. My boys loved them tonite, though, so I'm hoping there's some left in the morning.

One more thing I saw on clearance in the same freezer section was the Ore-Ida (I think) potatoes that come in a bag that you microwave, then mash the potatoes... I think they're called Mash n Steam, although I could be making that up. Anyway, also 75% off.

And.... I scored an 8-pack of MP apple juice for .59. The last time I found a couple of those, I was stopped at the register and wasn't allowed to buy them. This time it sailed right through. :D

We got the OreIda potatoes and didn't care for them too much, just my opinion. Kind of chunky, weird texture and we had to add a LOT of seasonings.

Went today and found one of the laptops, figured out we can't use it with our wireless card so left it. Got a value pack of lightbulbs 50% off, a cheerleader costume 75% off from High School Musical, and was lucky to find ONE lonely MM! (YAY)

Ditto!

Same here I have not stepped foot in Target for a couple of months. I don't plan too either. There is nothing I need. I get in trouble when I do go in there I over spend on stuff that I really don't need but just buy because its on clearance.

Some patio and Sunny Patch stuff was 50% off at one of my Targets. Of course, the Sunny Patch thing I actually wanted to buy was only 30% off. Grrrrrr!

A few endcaps of toys were 30% off -- nothing good IMO though.

###002070618 Global 3 drawer storage (dark wood and wicker) 19.98 was 79.99

###Spider Man Web of Shadows for PS2 7.48 was 29.99 (been stalking this for a month, waiting for it to drop from 50% to 75%)

###Hefty quart bags .98 was 1.97 and used .55 MQ = .43 (stickers were 1.27, so I was pleasantly surprised when they rang up 50% off)

###patio furniture 50% off

###pet travel products (window guards, organizers that you hang over your car seat, and some other items I can't remember) 75% off

All the toys that were marked 30% and 50% last week remained the same. I guess it will be the slow torturous markdown schedule like I endured during January!!:yuck:

Target is not what it used to be :(

I haven't even been in a couple of months and honestly haven't even missed it :rolleyes:

Ditto!

Ummm....if you haven't been in a while, kinda hard to authoritatively say that. Could be your store. Could be you simply haven't been going much and therefore aren't finding anything. It is definitely the case that all the stores I frequent seem to be cutting back, so I am not finding as many good deals anywhere.

But, Target has been better than most stores for me. I'm sure your fellow perusers appreciate your staying away, though. :yup: More for them. :D

Went today and found one of the laptops, figured out we can't use it with our wireless card so left it. Got a value pack of lightbulbs 50% off, a cheerleader costume 75% off from High School Musical, and was lucky to find ONE lonely MM! (YAY)

The laptops don't require a card. the wireless is built in, and it is ready to go out of the package. I have had 2 of them for the last 2 years, and have not had problems using wireless anywhere I go. I am using one right now to type this at a hotel in Puyallup, WA, in fact. I've taken it to all sorts of cafes, use it at home and have no probs.

Went today and found pretty much NADA on clearance...patio still at 30% for the most part, the toys are still looking very bleak (though surely they will add all of the summery toys into clearance at some point).

But, I think my Target got a new stocker b/c I found ANOTHER 5 MMs on the shelf--3 apples and 2 punch! I left a couple there (which is painful, but we can only drink so much juice)...I'm stocked up now!