Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

WHAMO Snow boogie boards 75% off

###091-05-0567 sled super glide $7.48

Is this for older kids?

I want to find a sled for kids for next winter so we can have some fun in the snow but I have yet to understand exactly what I'm looking for. (I grew up with lots of snow that stayed on the ground all winter long so I remember having lots of fun having a sled (the kind you can pull along by the rope) but that was a diff. place and a diff. time so I'm not sure what kids use here...)

Those character comforters they have in kids bedding section (part. girl's ones: Tinker, Princess, Hello Kitty) will these be clearanced soon?? Anyone remembers from prev. yrs?

I was lucky to find one on end cap about a month ago for ds with SpiderMan 3 reversable for $7.98 (75%) - never even saw it before at lower % but I really need 1 for DD for next winter.

Also, anyone ever seen spice racks/spices go on clearance?

A couple of weeks ago they had the kids bedroom and bathroom things marked down. they usually mark them down when the pattern changes and the things are replaced. I know they had the Disney Princess bathroom and bed sets discounted 75% last week. I also got a Speed Racer themed sheets and comforter. I think it will be quite awhile before they discount the currents ones again. But anymore, WHO knows!!!

Yeah, if they didn't do the one you wanted this time around, it probably won't be till August that they do them again. They cleared out the stuff that wasn't being carried forward (not selling well, moving on to more popular characters, etc.) already.

I believe there were some marked down back around the time we were all waiting for the second toy mark down

We still have them here at full price. I'm thinking these will not stay around comes summer time so they have to clearance them out right? Or do they just pull them off the shelves and put back in warehouse until next Winter?? This is my 1st yr. shopping Target clearance so I'm really interested to find out how that works..

A couple of weeks ago they had the kids bedroom and bathroom things marked down. they usually mark them down when the pattern changes and the things are replaced. I know they had the Disney Princess bathroom and bed sets discounted 75% last week. I also got a Speed Racer themed sheets and comforter. I think it will be quite awhile before they discount the current ones again. But anymore, WHO knows!!!

Hmm. I didn't see the princess and I kept looking in that isle. I did see all of the speed racer stuff (including party stuff) and I guess the spiderman 3 stuff has been clearancing out since I got the comforter and the ride-on at 75%. I guess I'll keep looking (it just that these comforters in particular can only be used in winter so I was thinking comes March it will be silly to still see them there..but maybe that's not how it works..)

Yeah, if they didn't do the one you wanted this time around, it probably won't be till August that they do them again. They cleared out the stuff that wasn't being carried forward (not selling well, moving on to more popular characters, etc.) already.

I thought the schedule would be diff. for winter/summer kinds of stuff. But you're saying they just keep selling the same time of bedding all year around no matter the season?

(Sorry for so many posts..I guess I just keep reading them sequentially)

Ok someone made a mistake but I am happy they did! I found it folded on an endcap - a team member had apparentlly mistakenly attached one of those plastic price tag thingies to it with it marked 19.98 Supposed to be 99.99 the outer packaging was missing. The cashiers knew it was a mistake and said they wish they had found it before me.

http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Patchwork-Quilt/dp/B000JJNFSQ/qid=1235602684/ref=br_1_6/601-6855221-3155305?ie=UTF8&node=372865011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5135PRiyOoL._AA260_.jpg

Is this for older kids?

I want to find a sled for kids for next winter so we can have some fun in the snow but I have yet to understand exactly what I'm looking for. (I grew up with lots of snow that stayed on the ground all winter long so I remember having lots of fun having a sled (the kind you can pull along by the rope) but that was a diff. place and a diff. time so I'm not sure what kids use here...)

Yes I would say it is for older kids I don't think younger than 6 or 7 would be able to stay on

We still have them here at full price. I'm thinking these will not stay around comes summer time so they have to clearance them out right? Or do they just pull them off the shelves and put back in warehouse until next Winter?? This is my 1st yr. shopping Target clearance so I'm really interested to find out how that works..

You're talking about comforters? They sell them year round. There isn't any reason for them to clear them out.

Hmm. I didn't see the princess and I kept looking in that isle. I did see all of the speed racer stuff (including party stuff) and I guess the spiderman 3 stuff has been clearancing out since I got the comforter and the ride-on at 75%. I guess I'll keep looking (it just that these comforters in particular can only be used in winter so I was thinking comes March it will be silly to still see them there..but maybe that's not how it works..)

I thought the schedule would be diff. for winter/summer kinds of stuff. But you're saying they just keep selling the same time of bedding all year around no matter the season?

(Sorry for so many posts..I guess I just keep reading them sequentially)

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Why is it you think that comforters can only be used in winter? People use them all the time, or at least leave them on the bed during the day and then may only use a sheet or light blanket at night in the summer. I am sure there are still some people who have summer and winter bedding that they change out, but most people I know leave the same ones on year round and simply add or remove blankets underneath it.

They separated the girls & boys bedding on opposite aisles in most of our stores, so if you are looking in the same aisle as the boys stuff, that may be why you aren't seeing it.

They cleared out the Speed Racer, Spiderman & Hulk stuff because they'll be making room for whatever new licensed bedding is expected to be popular with whatever new movies are coming out.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Why is it you think that comforters can only be used in winter? People use them all the time, or at least leave them on the bed during the day and then may only use a sheet or light blanket at night in the summer. I am sure there are still some people who have summer and winter bedding that they change out, but most people I know leave the same ones on year round and simply add or remove blankets underneath it.

They separated the girls & boys bedding on opposite aisles in most of our stores, so if you are looking in the same aisle as the boys stuff, that may be why you aren't seeing it.

They cleared out the Speed Racer, Spiderman & Hulk stuff because they'll be making room for whatever new licensed bedding is expected to be popular with whatever new movies are coming out.

Thanks! I guess I never thought of it that way because we don't have matching bedding. We just buy sheet sets and have down comforters for winter (which we put away when it gets warmer) and use heavy fuzzy blankets in the summer. I'm planning to do the same thing for the kids since I already bought them matching sheet sets and quilts for summer but am looking for these heavy (down or down-alternative) comforters to use in the winter.

Were they the large ones in the household area or the smaller ones near the pharmacy stuff?

sorry. should have mentioned that. These were the large ones in the houseware type items. I think they were all Holmes brand. Sorry, I didn't get any dcpi #'s since I didn't need any.

Just got back from Target and they have marked all of the portable heaters 75% off. Also the firescreens and other fireplace items are 75% off. Also saw those AeroGrower units 30% off. Seems like they just got those in but hey... I will start watching them because I would love one at 75% off.

Great deal on children's activitty books. Picked up a Spiderman maze and game book that looks like a clipboard for 75% 1.98. Littlest pet shop coloring book that you rub to see the color 75% 1.24 and a whole bunch of coloring books with either crayons or makers all between .84-1.98. Great liittle add on to b-day gifts. Also the dollar spot had great stuff My little kitty, Spiderman and other super heros.

waiting for the fire pits to clearance. got a great deal on one last year, but would like to upgrade.

These vary a lot with your area. Places like CA, TX & FL have them year round and don't always clearance the same models. But seems like they usually do a group of them with the patio furniture in July.

I'm sorry to take exception to this, but IMHO there are plenty reasons that they would/could be clearanced by season. Very often these change in color by season, fall, spring, winter, and also thickness etc. I don't even live in a cold place and I have seen it. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the question understanding that many people like different things depending on the weather.

I'm sorry to take exception to this, but IMHO there are plenty reasons that they would/could be clearanced by season. Very often these change in color by season, fall, spring, winter, and also thickness etc. I don't even live in a cold place and I have seen it. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking the question understanding that many people like different things depending on the weather.

Never claimed there was anything wrong with the question. That is precisely why I asked her. I was trying to figure out if she came from a cold climate outside the US. In point of fact, she does, Russia.

However, aside from flannel sheets, I have never seen Target clearance bedding by weather/season. They pretty much do it twice a year unless something simply isn't selling well. They don't particularly carry a variety based on thickness, etc. It is more based on color and the like. And we were actually talking about kids bedding, primarily. Target really doesn't do much more than color/design on these. Particularly the licensed stuff.

Ok someone made a mistake but I am happy they did! I found it folded on an endcap - a team member had apparentlly mistakenly attached one of those plastic price tag thingies to it with it marked 19.98 Supposed to be 99.99 the outer packaging was missing. The cashiers knew it was a mistake and said they wish they had found it before me.

http://www.target.com/Simply-Shabby-Chic-Patchwork-Quilt/dp/B000JJNFSQ/qid=1235602684/ref=br_1_6/601-6855221-3155305?ie=UTF8&node=372865011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5135PRiyOoL._AA260_.jpg

Oh my! That is awesome!!! I am happy danicing with you! Great find! :clapping: