Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Yes, they always have an Easter pack of Hot Wheels. I like the VDay ones for goodie bags because they are more generic. At most the VDay ones tend to be Vday colors and might have hearts. But the Easter ones usually have bunnies & eggs on them. The Easter packs always look a bit more like the standard mulitpacks of Hot Wheels, too.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51YICHKWJzL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thanks!!

I've been seeing some Easter-themed stuff around the store but are they going to have all of these Easter cars, candy, etc. in these same isles after V-Day stuff is gone??

Is it still a while before they bring that stuff out? (when is Easter in anyway? Sorry for the silly question but we don't celebrate it, so I only have a general idea)

Anyone know if Walmart also has these V-Day themed toys?

I had never been in a Target store before, but after reading all these posts, I drove the 60 miles to the nearest one yesterdsay. I needed a bday gift for a 3 year old girl and had decided to get her a Little Mommy high chair at Walmart. I didn't like the store as a whole and found no good sales except in Vday aisle. I stayed there 30 minutes. It was 90% off and I bought all little gd's black shirts with metallic hearts for .60. I bought placemats, dipping shocolate sets, giftbags, shower curtain hooks 1.00, 4 packages of those to use in my little gd's room to hang up her Dora curtains. I spent 20.00 on 90% off stuff. I didn't care for their toys, but bought a SLittle Posy garden bench for my gd3 instead of a high chair. I loved all their little girl gardening stuff. I guess I couldn't find the clearance and I looked everywehre.

I had never been in a Target store before, but after reading all these posts, I drove the 60 miles to the nearest one yesterdsay. I needed a bday gift for a 3 year old girl and had decided to get her a Little Mommy high chair at Walmart. I didn't like the store as a whole and found no good sales except in Vday aisle. I stayed there 30 minutes. It was 90% off and I bought all little gd's black shirts with metallic hearts for .60. I bought placemats, dipping shocolate sets, giftbags, shower curtain hooks 1.00, 4 packages of those to use in my little gd's room to hang up her Dora curtains. I spent 20.00 on 90% off stuff. I didn't care for their toys, but bought a SLittle Posy garden bench for my gd3 instead of a high chair. I loved all their little girl gardening stuff. I guess I couldn't find the clearance and I looked everywehre.

You have to go often and watch for clearance. When it goes on clearance it goes pretty quick! That's why this thread is so helpful. It helps me to know what to stalk. I am fortunate to have a Target less than 10 mins from my house and close to my fav grocery store. If you only spent $20 at 90% then you did great. You saved $180! Not too shabby for spending 30 mins in the store.

Thanks!!

I've been seeing some Easter-themed stuff around the store but are they going to have all of these Easter cars, candy, etc. in these same isles after V-Day stuff is gone??

Is it still a while before they bring that stuff out? (when is Easter in anyway? Sorry for the silly question but we don't celebrate it, so I only have a general idea)

Easter this year is April 12th. Last year it was the end of March I believe. Its always either in March or April. I am not really sure how it is decided what month it'll be in. They do have Easter in the same aisles as the Vday stuff. But I'm not sure when it gets set out. I noticed there are more of those Value Packs being set out in some of the empty aisles. This is my first year really paying attention:)

Aftet following this thread since after Christmas and going to 4 diff. Targets a few times a week I'm finally getting used to how everything works and can now easily spot the clearance and get some VERY GOOD DEALS!!!

I really think it takes this long to get anywhere with this whole Perimeter Perusing Good Deals getting business.

But my hubby has been shopping at Target for yrs. and have always said that's hands-down his fav. store over Walmart (he thinks Wally is all about hype and having a couple of things very cheap when the rest of it is very expensive and that's how they get you...)

(The funny things is though, he never knew Target ever puts anything on clearance (I'll repeat he's shopped there for yrs. :))

Also when I come back with all of these good deals now he usually asks me why didn't I get more of this or that thing or sometimes he tells me we don't need something and not to buy it but then a few days later asks me if I can go get that thing..

Well, I usually start by telling him: "You know, that place where I shop, where everything is 75% all of the time just ran out of that particular thing :)"

Thanks!!

If you don't celebrate the holiday, why would you want Easter-themed things? Other than candy, which tastes the same no matter what it looks like or how it is packaged.

I picked up a package of Hotwheels after Easter a couple of years ago that were inside of giant Easter eggs. And they weren't Easter themed inside. I found them at Goodwill before I followed Target's clearance.

Right, they may well have those again this year. They are higher to start, but not bad when they get down to 75% or 90%, but you pretty much have to hide them to get them at that price, or get really lucky like I did with the Vday ones. Last year I stopped by one store after things had gone 75% off, and they were bringing out cases and cases of all the toys. it was shocking!

I bought a ladies 26 in 15 speed bike yesterday for $19.98. 082090218 They did have 4 or 5 left last night. I also bought the torro electric snow thrower for $24.98 I think they had 2 more left on the shelf.

Which store did you find the bike at? I put in that number for the bike but its not pulling anything up. TIA

BPIDION Number on the barcode is 074-15-2963 Don't know if that is the one I am supposed to use The one on the red tag is 074 15 1533

This is what I found today:

storage container for under the bed 002060159 $3.74

7 inch digital photo frame 074152963 $21.24

Even though these posts were from late Jan/very early Feb...

this same frame was found today at a target we stopped in on the way home from our weekend trip... it was on an endcap back by sporting goods with a hodgepodge of electronics on it..... in case anyone else is still looking....

Went back today and found a black dress with hearts all over it for DD for .99. They DID NOT have them yesterday, because I searched that store high and low for V-day stuff, esp clothing depts. They happened to only have 2 of the dresses, and 1 of them was DD's size! She insisted on putting it on as soon as we got home, and she HAD to wear it to bed. LOL.

If you don't celebrate the holiday, why would you want Easter-themed things? Other than candy, which tastes the same no matter what it looks like or how it is packaged.

**Normally I would be after the candy, crayola, pixos, stickers, hotwheels and other little toys and/or projects that I can have for kids to play with when we go out or when they go to their grandparents house. The thing is, our kids are still young 3 and 1 so I'm not too concerned about the themes yet. Like I just bought a bunch of these crayola project boxes that included V-Day cards and crayons to fill them in. I'm planning to have one of these on hand next time we're out to keep the kids busy in the car or whatever... DD already saw these and wanted to open them up and draw on them and she could care less that they were V-Day and she surely didn't ask me why they had hearts on them or said Happy V-Day :).

But honestly, I've bought so much V-Day stuff: stickers, pixos, crayola, candy and whatever else that there's no way I will need any of that restocked by the time Easter comes but I still can't help but being curious. (Though I still need stuff for DD B-day for the boys goodie bags before July hence I'm sad I couldn't get the Hot Wheels.)

Also I might not buy things when they hit 75% but you can't beat Holiday stuff going 90%!!!

(BTW I went to Big Lots today since they had 20% coupon and OMG they are still selling Christmas themed zip lock bags and other kitchen goodies.)

Went yesterday and found 5 mm juices. Three grape and two fruit punch. Also VD was 90% only had conversation hearts left. I bought one pack of Sugar free ones for one of my DD teachers who is diabetic. Do you think these will last until next year? Or should I just give them to her now. Still looking for a cheap bike for my DD who will be 4 in April. Thanx.

Also I might not buy things when they hit 75% but you can't beat Holiday stuff going 90%!!!

(BTW I went to Big Lots today since they had 20% coupon and OMG they are still selling Christmas themed zip lock bags and other kitchen goodies.)

Thanks for the tip on Big Lots. May have to trek up there. Our holiday stuff is always wiped out by 90%, so if I don't hide it, I don't get it for that. I used to have better l luck hiding stuff, but lately seems like they are either checking more or stuff is just getting moved around more...Fortunately, I am generally content to get it at 75% off.

FYI, they have cute little wind-up toys in the dollar spot this time. They have historically put the same thing in the mini-seasonal for Easter, so if you are looking for them, that's where they'll be. On the other hand, they are usually $2 in mini-seasonal, and only $1 in Dollar Spot. these make great goodie bag gifts for a wide range of ages.

Thanks for the tip on Big Lots. May have to trek up there. Our holiday stuff is always wiped out by 90%, so if I don't hide it, I don't get it for that. I used to have better l luck hiding stuff, but lately seems like they are either checking more or stuff is just getting moved around more...Fortunately, I am generally content to get it at 75% off.

FYI, they have cute little wind-up toys in the dollar spot this time. They have historically put the same thing in the mini-seasonal for Easter, so if you are looking for them, that's where they'll be. On the other hand, they are usually $2 in mini-seasonal, and only $1 in Dollar Spot. these make great goodie bag gifts for a wide range of ages.

Sorry, I think I should have mentioned they are selling them at full price same as the non-Christmas ones (or whatever the Big Lots price is) that's why I was so surprised.

I did however noticed they have these huge Easter Baskets full of chocolate and some plastic car toy which I thought was a great deal only at $5 or so.

###Magic Treehouse Boxed Sets (1-4 & 5-8) $3.58

###First Look & Find Books - Wonder Pets & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse $1.74

###Large Sound Book - Bolt - $3.24

###Soupy Saturdays with the pain & the great one - hardcover kids Judy Blume book - $2.92

###Genuine Chamois - 5 ft - $4.78

###Fireplace Arbor Tool Set $7.48 & Arbor Log Bin $6.24

###Bad Boy Heartbreak Power Ballads CD $2.24

The CD is original artists and it's cheaper than buying individual MP3's so I couldn't pass it up, LOL!

What crayola was ringing up full price? All the Color Wonder from Vday, which are the minis, not the full size, are ringing up 75% off from Burbank to La Verne in SoCal.

I was in one of the So, Bay stores.

Sure, but it should not matter. which size were you looking at? And was it Color Wonder, or some other Crayola product. the ones on sale were about 5x7" in size not the 8x11". In any case, these are all getting pulled now. There was a markdown team member cruising the store looking for salvage stuff today at one of my regular stores.

### 037120903 AcneFree Severe 11.88 (50% off)

Also did the Gilette razor deal... buy 2 get a $5 GC

Fusion razor 7.99

Venus razor 7.99

Used Target Venus coupon -$3

MFR Venus coupon -$2

MFR Fusion coupon -$4

Total after tax $6.98 and I got a $5 GC back

Sure, but it should not matter. which size were you looking at? And was it Color Wonder, or some other Crayola product. the ones on sale were about 5x7" in size not the 8x11". In any case, these are all getting pulled now. There was a markdown team member cruising the store looking for salvage stuff today at one of my regular stores.

I am so angry at Target... I went to Target with the intention on just getting the Crayola things. I was planning on donating them to my sons' teacher. Well, I found 2 backpacks someone had mentioned earlier and a color wonder. It rang up 'NOT FOUND' so I told the lady at the register that it's 75% off and that I had bought some from another Target for 2.49. She said she had to check and came back and told me that it's full price. WHAT!!!!! I walked out very upset.. A lot of times they don't give me a hard time about it, but this time they gave me an attitude about it. I always thought if I find an item that comes up 'NOT FOUND', it's automatically 75% off. Do they really pull those from the shelf?

I am desperate, if anyone can get their hands on either the 26" 15spd bike or the 26" Tony Hawk bike for the prices posted I will pay for the bike and shipping. My teenage son is looking to get a job and will need to ride a bike to get to work. Hes not real picky about color as that an be easily changed, but it must be a larger bike because hes 5'8" and 160lbs. I am very serious about this. I called there arent any here in Atlanta.

I am so angry at Target... I went to Target with the intention on just getting the Crayola things. I was planning on donating them to my sons' teacher. Well, I found 2 backpacks someone had mentioned earlier and a color wonder. It rang up 'NOT FOUND' so I told the lady at the register that it's 75% off and that I had bought some from another Target for 2.49. She said she had to check and came back and told me that it's full price. WHAT!!!!! I walked out very upset.. A lot of times they don't give me a hard time about it, but this time they gave me an attitude about it. I always thought if I find an item that comes up 'NOT FOUND', it's automatically 75% off. Do they really pull those from the shelf?

I feel your pain. I found 2 of those backpacks today. After spending a week home w/ sick kids, I thought these would be perfect to cheer them up. Scanned them, and got INF. Also found a cute silicone cupcake mold that made flower cupcakes . . . again INF. The store I happened to be at has given me issues in the past when items ring up like that, and I wasn't in the mood or frame of mind to fight a battle. so I left it all laying by the scanner.