Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

Can anyone tell me where they've been seeing the Roomba on clearance? Is it randomly dispersed throughout the store or is it on specific location? I really wanna try and get one of these for us. Thanks!

I got mine on an endcap by the picture frames. I looked over by the vacuum for another but didn't see any. HTH

I noticed that my Target had a lot of "sets" of PJs and had broken then up and where charging for each piece. Think it had more to do with the fact that once the packages were broken it was hard to keep track of them (they had orginally come with a ribbon tied around all the pieces). In some cases whoever had marked them down put "as is" tickets but with some, the tickets were just different - you could tell they were special made for these items.

It can't hurt to try.

Under what circumstance would a Target SAY they have something (by looking up the dcpi via phone) then when you get there it NOT be there? I'm not talking about if it gets sold before I get there...

I knew my Target had 2 wagons on clearance. When I went on Thursday I could only find 1 and I know where they were. I looked all around! I called a different Target just this morning with the DCPI and she did a store search and said that same Target "may have one in stock." I was just there and thought I bought the only one and couldn't find the second. It's a pretty big box (doesn't even fit in the shopping cart) so I'm sure that it didn't get misplaced somewhere.

Anyone know?

Under what circumstance would a Target SAY they have something (by looking up the dcpi via phone) then when you get there it NOT be there? I'm not talking about if it gets sold before I get there...

I knew my Target had 2 wagons on clearance. When I went on Thursday I could only find 1 and I know where they were. I looked all around! I called a different Target just this morning with the DCPI and she did a store search and said that same Target "may have one in stock." I was just there and thought I bought the only one and couldn't find the second. It's a pretty big box (doesn't even fit in the shopping cart) so I'm sure that it didn't get misplaced somewhere.

Anyone know?

They are using the computer, which is simply not always accurate. Any number of reasons, including theft, though that seems unlikely in this case. One big one is the whole Not of File thing. If something is ringing up that way at any time during the period it is supposed to be there, and it gets sold as a 999999999 DPCI, it won't update the inventory. And, sometimes, they just get lost in the back, pushed behind something else that is big, etc. If it is a small item that someone has "misplaced," "laid away," or simply moved out of the department, it could also happen. It could be in a go-backs cart, in guest services or about anything else. If they say they only have 1-2, the employees tell you that it is often unlikely to be there.

Anyone know?

The numbers in their system are not always accurate. I wanted a microwave that was being clearanced. The only one I saw was the demo. I asked an employee who scanned it, the system said there were 7 in store. He said "that's wierd, I am pretty sure I just sold the last one." He looked all over the store and back room - even asked other employees - but there weren't any others. They did sell me the demo, but I would have preferred one still in the box if it was available.

If something is ringing up that way at any time during the period it is supposed to be there, and it gets sold as a 999999999 DPCI, it won't update the inventory.

The numbers in their system are not always accurate.

This is even when you have the dcpi number and it's correct? I bought one of the wagons and gave them the dcpi directly from my receipt that shows that it's the correct item.

I'm wondering if an employee didn't just stash one in the back. The wagon has ALWAYS been in the same place for WEEKS going from 30% then 50%. The one I got was in a different section (that I knew about).

I finally found the cherry blossom market last night. Does anyone know if this needs lots of accessories? My receipt says NCF on it so Target will no longer carry this right? If I need the extras I figure I better get them now even though I won't give it to DD for months.

The thing my daughter likes the best is the fruit stand and the ice cream set.

They are both only $5 each at walmart.com.

This is even when you have the dcpi number and it's correct? I bought one of the wagons and gave them the dcpi directly from my receipt that shows that it's the correct item.

I'm wondering if an employee didn't just stash one in the back. The wagon has ALWAYS been in the same place for WEEKS going from 30% then 50%. The one I got was in a different section (that I knew about).

yes, as fluffkin79 said, they are sometimes very off on their inventory. If it said they had 7 of something large, you would normally expect those to actually be there, but 1 or 2 is often just error on the inventory. Heck, even if you figure a 1-3% error rate on their inventory, when you consider the overall size of the inventory, you can see how it happens.

Can anyone tell me where they've been seeing the Roomba on clearance? Is it randomly dispersed throughout the store or is it on specific location? I really wanna try and get one of these for us. Thanks!

I have seen them in three spots in different stores. Usually each store only had one and when I saw them they were 50%. They were by the pic frames on an endcap, with the kitchen appliances on the endcap, and with hardware at one store. Guess it's just where the tm thought vaccuums belonged.

I am just wondering....more curious..i guess. My store has already clearanced out the early summer items and of course toys. What kind of items are offered at the next big clearance sale. This was my first time knowing about the sale........so I am addicted now. LOL!!!

I am just wondering....more curious..i guess. My store has already clearanced out the early summer items and of course toys. What kind of items are offered at the next big clearance sale. This was my first time knowing about the sale........so I am addicted now. LOL!!!

Most clearance is seasonal. Styles change in clothes, shoes, dishes, pots etc and are clearanced as new ones are released and purchased. Toy clearance after Christmas and then after Summer to make way for Christmas. They are clearing out clothes to bring in spring/summer wear, same with shoes. They vary throughout the year tho there are some dry times where you find few if anything.

As always, it is best to figure out the schedule your own Target is on. They vary by region and by store so by visiting your own Target at least weekly, you will be able to observe how your own Target works and judge your visit accordingly.

And it doesn't matter if one store marks something down, another may not. I own some dishes that were clearanced at one store but are still full price at another 4 mos later.

They will do toys again in July sometime if I remember correct

Tooks the kids to Target today cause they had GC's from CHristmas and wanted to go.

I found one VSmile VMotion sitting on a clearance endcap. When I scanned it said INF. I asked an employee in the next aisle and he said it was 75% off. He called the customer service desk and told them (very nice, helpful employee). So when I went up there the manager came over and put it in at $17.xx.

The cashier was rude and said "I would have bought that if I knew it was 75% off, they should have put a sticker on it".

I was happy to find one more deal from the toy dept.

Thanks to all for noting all the deals you're finding out there. I've officially crossed over into stalker territory as I've been at Target everyday - sometimes multiple times per day - for the past month. Husband thought I was crazy until I got him a Callaway golf bag for $27 (reg $108)and new canopy for tailgating at the Cards' game for $25 (reg $100). Also a nice luggage set for $45 (reg $180)

I'm in Chandler and have seen the posts from some of the other members in the East Valley. Anyone need some Air Hogs? Found one and picked it up for my nephew, but he already has it. Thought it was a screaming deal at $21.xx and I will probably return them, but thought if someone was looking for them in the EV, I would offer them up. I was also looking to see if anyone picked up a train table that they're looking to sell. I was searching like crazy for one and couldn't find it!

Tooks the kids to Target today cause they had GC's from CHristmas and wanted to go.

I found one VSmile VMotion sitting on a clearance endcap. When I scanned it said INF. I asked an employee in the next aisle and he said it was 75% off. He called the customer service desk and told them (very nice, helpful employee). So when I went up there the manager came over and put it in at $17.xx.

The cashier was rude and said "I would have bought that if I knew it was 75% off, they should have put a sticker on it".

I was happy to find one more deal from the toy dept.

You should really report that to the 800 number or website. There is no call for that nastiness, and the only way it improves is if it is reported. If you have your receipt, they'll know exactly who it was.

Anyone know?

I have called before for a baby item and they told me that they have 1 left and all the stores nearby had one left. I was told that the system counts the one on display, which they don't sell. Not sure if this applies for everything, but I know it does for baby stuff.

Of the people out there that have picked up the digital photo frames what day did it get marked down? I'm assuming it's housewares and I think ours went to 50% last Thursday and really want to pick a couple up for presents. Also, anyone try their's out? How is the quality? Thanks!!

The Vogel Rd store in Arnold MO had the Halloween Barbies for $2.74 last night. They were still marked $6 but scanned $2.74.

Funny my granddaughter (age 9) has crossed over to the Target clearance dark side. DD picked it up and said it was still $6 dgd said "Oh wait, I'll scan it that tag is probably wrong." :yup: She has learned from shopping with me never trust a red tag price. :D

The Vogel Rd store in Arnold MO had the Halloween Barbies for $2.74 last night. They were still marked $6 but scanned $2.74.

Funny my granddaughter (age 9) has crossed over to the Target clearance dark side. DD picked it up and said it was still $6 dgd said "Oh wait, I'll scan it that tag is probably wrong." :yup: She has learned from shopping with me never trust a red tag price. :D

This is too funny because my DD9 has also learned this. She saw a pair of purple sparkle converse on Thursday and I told her I just bought her 3 pairs of shoes last week and to put them back. She went and scanned them and said but they're only $4.xx and that's 75% off! So of course I bought them for her!

This is too funny because my DD9 has also learned this. She saw a pair of purple sparkle converse on Thursday and I told her I just bought her 3 pairs of shoes last week and to put them back. She went and scanned them and said but they're only $4.xx and that's 75% off! So of course I bought them for her!

My 3 year old refused to let me buy him underwear because there was no red clearance tag on the package!! DH hates it because he can never go grocery shopping without DS spouting on and on about mom's coupon binder and she could get it on sale etc. :D I just hope he continues this attitude when he's a teenager.

On subject....Found small travel Thermos' today 75% off - $4.98

Many 75% items still floating out there. I am so proud of myself I left most still in the store.!:yup:

Aussi grill $25, Jewelry box on legs $17, digi $22, Correlle dishes $17, black table & chairs & buffet, video chair, FP DVD, large care bear, cabbage patch premie, dora bike helmet, roller blades, B&D rechargable shears, several luggage sets, lots of camping accessories.

Many 75% items still floating out there. I am so proud of myself I left most still in the store.!:yup:

Aussi grill $25, Jewelry box on legs $17, digi $22, Correlle dishes $17, black table & chairs & buffet, video chair, FP DVD, large care bear, cabbage patch premie, dora bike helmet, roller blades, B&D rechargable shears, several luggage sets, lots of camping accessories.

Dang! A number of people have mentioned helmets, and I haven't been able to find ANY on clearance. DS was in dire need of one. The little kiddie ones are too babyish for him anyway, but usually they have several on sale this time of year. It nearly killed me to pay full price for one the other day!

Our clearance roombas were mixed in with the regular priced ones. We picked one up 50% for $70ish, but everything is higher in Alaska lol

didgital pix frames on clearance. Has anyone tried these?

###074152963 7in didital frame reg. $85 for $21.24

###074152964 7# pewter didgital frame reg. $100 now $24.98

Also found the Barie island princess doll now75% 0ff matches the childs dress that was 75% off 2 weeks ago!:D Circo childrens tents frog princess also 75% off.

Some of the bulk section 30% off. You can use the Target coupons with mfg. coupons.

Don't give up on the didgi. I got one out of a return basket tonight!

I got at 7in digital picture frame today for $21.24 but it's reg. price was $119.99