Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2009

Brad

I have heard that Toys for Tots, Firemen and Police officers shop this sale to stock up for next Christmas and to hand out toys to children in traumas. Not saying this is what they were doing, but I hope it was.

I sit on the United Way Christmas Store Board. They give toys and food to the poverty level families at Christmas time. I am one of the toy buyers and yes this is a great time for us. You should see the moms and dads eyes when they see the gifts they get. They always seem to think they will get "dollar store" items and they are soooooooooo surprised when they see they actually can have things their children are asking for. I truly feel I get more out of it then they do... their appreciation is overwhelming and have caused me to cry more than once.

I did see alot of the higher priced toys with red sticker prices on them. Fisher Price dvd players; headphones; ride on toys; Barbie Fashion sets;just to name a few.

Been checking in with both Targets in Garner N.C. all day and still no movement.

did they have alot left????

I love coming up that way (from the beach) and having those 2 targets so close together!!! We only have one and it gets so much business they dont ever have much good stuff....

I am so bummed as I am stuck at work. I swear I am sick to my stomach, as that is my target (SMPKWY and 435 in western shawnee? correct?) Ugh, I hit this sale last year and with 3 kids, it was a Godsend. How is the inventory looking, because by the time I get off work and to the Target it will be almost 6:30? THanks for posting!!!!! Anyone else in the Kansas City Area know what 'our' targets are doing?

No...it's the Target at Shawnee Mission Parkway and Metcalf. Their inventory was still really great, but it was all spread out. They had two aisles of just clearance, then a ton of stuff on endcaps, too.

I'll bet you'll be fine still at 6:30. There were not very many people there when I was there, but the ones that were were filling carts (me included!)

Just a tip for those who make the calls to check prices...Make sure when you call the store to give dpci numbers (for a price check) that you ask for Guest Services. Many times, the first person to answer the phone is the operator and she/he is not equipped to look up the numbers, so will most likely ask you what the product is. That is when you will be transferred to that specific department. Doesn't mean that someone back in toys won't get you an accurate price, but I feel more comfortable getting it straight from the system in customer service. That way I know that I'm getting the right price and not relaying on "the aisle guy" to find it or get the correct price.

I just called 4 stores and got the info on the Smart Cycle without any problem. The only PROBLEM was that it appears they are only taking them down to 1/2 price!!!! Yesterday they were $69.99 (30% off) at many stores. Today, the price I'm getting is $49.99. There are soooo many of them around here at the stores I frequent, that is probably why. Oh well, I always said that Target could make a lot more $$$$ if they didn't miss that 50% off step on the way down.

Both Plainfield and Avon Targets in Indiana are still at 30%.

Went to the one up on the North side off Michigan Rd and it was still 30 with a handful of 50% and 2 items 75% (the fly pen and barbie advent calendar) :( Thank goodness! Now, tomorrow with 0 degree temps, hopefully my car will get me back there! :) I think Avon had much more toys than Plainfield though! :)

Just a tip for those who make the calls to check prices...Make sure when you call the store to give dpci numbers (for a price check) that you ask for Guest Services. Many times, the first person to answer the phone is the operator and she/he is not equipped to look up the numbers, so will most likely ask you what the product is. That is when you will be transferred to that specific department. Doesn't mean that someone back in toys won't get you an accurate price, but I feel more comfortable getting it straight from the system in customer service. That way I know that I'm getting the right price and not relaying on "the aisle guy" to find it or get the correct price.

I just called 4 stores and got the info on the Smart Cycle without any problem. The only PROBLEM was that it appears they are only taking them down to 1/2 price!!!! Yesterday they were $69.99 (30% off) at many stores. Today, the price I'm getting is $49.99. There are soooo many of them around here at the stores I frequent, that is probably why. Oh well, I always said that Target could make a lot more $$$$ if they didn't miss that 50% off step on the way down.

That's so weird. I got it for $24.98 today. They had about 6 and when I left there was only 2, and someone was on the way back for 1 of them.

That's so weird. I got it for $24.98 today. They had about 6 and when I left there was only 2, and someone was on the way back for 1 of them.

Grrrrrr. Unless they were all ticketed wrong yesterday... the stickers yesterday said $69.99. I didn't haul one over to actually scan it though. I haven't gotten out today yet. It's too cold to drag my 3yo out. I don't really know what is happening around here. I am soooo trying to get over this sale! I have a basement so full of toys from previous years. My husband said we could give our kids a toy every day of their lives until they graduate and there would still be toys left over.

(But, my littlest turns 3 on Friday and I really want that Smart Cycle!!)

Edited by KC-Traderbear

Grrrrrr. Unless they were all ticketed wrong yesterday... the stickers yesterday said $69.99. I didn't haul one over to actually scan it though. I haven't gotten out today yet. It's too cold to drag my 3yo out. I don't really know what is happening around here. I am soooo trying to get over this sale! I have a basement so full of toys from previous years. My husband said we could give out kids a toy every day of their lives until they graduate and there would still be toys left over.

I'm like you! I gave about 15 toys to toys for tots because I over bought last year. My oldest 3 and I'm saving it for his birthday. I hope you can find it cheap!

Every time I read this message board I feel like I should rush out and check my Target. I went this morning and there were no additional mark down on toys. So I plan on going tomorrow first thing in the morning, but then I read on here how mark downs are being made in the afternoon so I called my Target and gave them the dcpi for the princess dolls and he came back saying they are still 30% off. Thank goodness. He said toys are not 75% off there. So I need to stop reading this board until tomorrow!!!:yup: The only thing 75 off here were the barbie calendars. They had a ton of littlest pet shop and my little ponys for 50% off.

Grrrrrr. Unless they were all ticketed wrong yesterday... the stickers yesterday said $69.99. I didn't haul one over to actually scan it though. I haven't gotten out today yet. It's too cold to drag my 3yo out. I don't really know what is happening around here. I am soooo trying to get over this sale! I have a basement so full of toys from previous years. My husband said we could give our kids a toy every day of their lives until they graduate and there would still be toys left over.

I got it for $24.98 over here on the IL side today and there were LOTS left. My MIL wanted it to give my 3 year old for his birthday in May. Hope you get one too!

Nope they were not there for charity. They told someone they stock up for their kids and sell the rest for a big profit. There was one lady there who was collecting for a charity, but she was very friendly about it. If it was something she had a lot of and was something someone really wanted she would give one of it away.

I think it is great that people can stock up for charity, but to do it to turn around and sell all of it just is not fair to those who could benefit from the sale.

Went in this morning to find the Baby Trend Sit and Stand stroller. None to be found. Oh well. I did make out with a bunch of women's clothes -- racks of 30%, 50% and 75% off... with an ADDITIONAL 30% off taken at the register! They had t-shirts, sweaters, blouses, skirts, pants, dresses... I could've been there all day! I walked out with 7 tops and 1 dressy suit jacket for $21! The jacket was $5!

About the stroller--went to 2 stores today and the 1st had 1 on the floor and the 2nd had 4 so keep looking. both were at 30% and I'm waiting for 50% (and hoping it'll still be there). PM me to remind me if you need the dcpi and I'll get it for you. It's on my cell phone which is in the car or I'd post it now.

Ok after going this AM to see 30% still .my curiosity got the best of me.So back to target i went this afternoon and YEP 75%.I was so excited i was talking to myself.Everyone must of thought i was nuts.I scored big time.Got B-Days covered,easter and then some.I was so excited.

What time were you there this morning, I was in mine around 11 ish and it was quiet, there were doing alot of marking down but not in the toy dept?

I call the main number and ask for Guest Services. Then I give them a DPCI number and ask them what the price is. This usually tells me if the stuff has been marked down since the last time I called. I usually choose things that aren't big ticket. Today I called on of my stores with the Playdoh DPCI and found out it has gone 75% off, when yesterday it was still on 30%. I have to get down to that Target ASAP!! :)

About the stroller--went to 2 stores today and the 1st had 1 on the floor and the 2nd had 4 so keep looking. both were at 30% and I'm waiting for 50% (and hoping it'll still be there). PM me to remind me if you need the dcpi and I'll get it for you. It's on my cell phone which is in the car or I'd post it now.

The Sit and Stand LX stroller's DPCI is 030.09.1730. I called 4 different Targets on Monday to see if they were marked down to 50% off and most weren't. I found one store that did mark it down and rushed down there to buy it. Most of my Targets have at least 4 or more of them. They are all scattered in different parts of the stroller area, so just keep your eyes open.

I call the main number and ask for Guest Services. Then I give them a DPCI number and ask them what the price is. This usually tells me if the stuff has been marked down since the last time I called. I usually choose things that aren't big ticket. Today I called on of my stores with the Playdoh DPCI and found out it has gone 75% off, when yesterday it was still on 30%. I have to get down to that Target ASAP!! :)

is that the craft caddy or the 3lb package?? Could I have the DPCI for either if you have it.

Does anyone know the dcpi of the following items:

KOTA

DORA'S MAGICAL DOLLHOUSE

FURREAL BISCUIT DOG

I am trying to get a list going of toys that I want if the toys go 75% off on Thursday. I didn't see any of these items at my last Target visit so I am hoping that they are hidden in the back. Thanks for your help:)

Not sure if you're still looking for the DPCI for Kota, but here it is (in case you are):

204.03.3012 (Orig price. $99.99, 30% off = $69.98)

I think it is great that people can stock up for charity, but to do it to turn around and sell all of it just is not fair to those who could benefit from the sale.

I will be honest, I will buy 2 of most things as 75% off and turn around and sell one of them. I mark it back up to 50% off and list it, it usually is gobbled right up and it covers what I paid for my item so in the end I get a free toy and someone else is still getting a pretty good deal out of it. It is tempting not to buy more then 2 after you see how fast it sells on craigslist at 50% off list. I try not to get greedy, although tomorrow if I see any Fisher Price Kid Tough DVD players I am buying them all! Not to resale but because my playgroup got together today at the park and that is the one item we all want and the first person to see them is to buy 5 and text everyone else. :)

By the way, although the 2 Targets I'm stalking daily haven't done the major 75% markdown I have noticed things inch down today but no sign changes. I had to scan quite a few things that were in the clearance section but no stickers and they were ringing up 30% so that had happened today, things like the Kid Tough Dvd Player and Digital Camera so hoping for the big drop tomorrow. I did have a couple of major scores waking around the outside edges of the toy area, at one store I found Kota for $69 and at another I found the huge Millennium Falcon for $34. They were not there yesterday or in the last week I have been going daily so either they were returns from Christmas or just pulled out of some dark corner of storage. Either way I am very happy!!

I will be honest, I will buy 2 of most things as 75% off and turn around and sell one of them. I mark it back up to 50% off and list it, it usually is gobbled right up and it covers what I paid for my item so in the end I get a free toy and someone else is still getting a pretty good deal out of it. It is tempting not to buy more then 2 after you see how fast it sells on craigslist at 50% off list. I try not to get greedy, although tomorrow if I see any Fisher Price Kid Tough DVD players I am buying them all! Not to resale but because my playgroup got together today at the park and that is the one item we all want and the first person to see them is to buy 5 and text everyone else. :)

I agree with you. I do try to buy 2 of everything I buy my girls to sell to pay for theirs but if I saw or was asked by a person that wanted one of the items I had multiples then I would certainly pass it on to them.

I use to do this (ebay) but since eBay has really changed in the last few years, its hard to really make it worth the effort. Our area hasn't really taken off with Craigslist yet so probably end up sitting on alot of things. I still have toys in the garage from doing this, just end up giving it to toys for tots. In fact, last year, I had a van load that I delivered to the Costco box, luckily the guy was emptying the box and we stuffed his car full. He was amazed!

Went to the one up on the North side off Michigan Rd and it was still 30 with a handful of 50% and 2 items 75% (the fly pen and barbie advent calendar) :( Thank goodness! Now, tomorrow with 0 degree temps, hopefully my car will get me back there! :) I think Avon had much more toys than Plainfield though! :)

You are right Avon does have more. I can't decide where to start because each store has 2 items I want that the other doesn't have on clearance. Have you gone to either of these stores for this sale?