So...What did you forget?

booga12345

I haven't forgotten anything, but I have a lot of baking and cooking to do tomorrow. I went to three stores today looking for brandy extract for DH's Grandma's Christmas Cookie recipe.

If I don't have cookies and carrots for Santa, I improvise. I have been known to tell my kids we should leave Santa some beef jerky because he might need some protein in between all those cookies, and that the reindeer might like lettuce for variety, when I was out of cookies and carrots. :cheesy:

I forgot to buy a bottle of wine for a friend who isn't really a friend anymore. We probably won't exchange gifts this year but I decided it was best to be prepared.

Went to the grocery store this afternoon for the wine and hit the pre-Christmas markdown jackpot. Poinsettias were $1. The manager of the fresh meat department was busily placing red sales stickers on almost all the beef and pork. It was hard to resist buying a ton of meat but my refrigerator/freezer is full so I only bought a rib eye steak.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i have been to dr bank friends house store for things i forgot just ran out of baking stuff.. now i read this and realize i forgot the hess trucks again. that makes it two yrs in a row im going on xmass eve grrrr for hess trucks....still need to get stuff for hubby stocking but we are not doing gifts this yr so i said just fill mine ill fill yours.

I'm the exact opposite. I keep remembering things I've stashed everywhere. I'm going to sit down and reassess stuff tonight. I didnt' think we had stocking stuffers, and now I think there are too many. I keep remembering stuff I got so and so, or stuff to add onto packages that I've picked up all year. It sure doesn't feel like tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!!

I haven't forgotten anything, but I have a lot of baking and cooking to do tomorrow. I went to three stores today looking for brandy extract for DH's Grandma's Christmas Cookie recipe.

If I don't have cookies and carrots for Santa, I improvise. I have been known to tell my kids we should leave Santa some beef jerky because he might need some protein in between all those cookies, and that the reindeer might like lettuce for variety, when I was out of cookies and carrots. :cheesy:

I may need to adopt your improvisations- I made a huge batch of cookies a couple weeks ago- they ate them all. I made another slightly smaller batch a week ago for work, and set some aside as the little one reminded me daily we needed them for Santa. Came home yesterday, they're gone. :eyepoppin They ate them while mom was at work!

Well, I didn't forget, but I need to go to Sam's Club today to get their big packs of batteries. It is in a town 45 minutes away and we tried to go yesterday when we took ds6 to his dr. appt. but when we got out of the dr's office it was freezing rain, bad. Took us and hour and a half to get home from a town normally 45 minutes away :eek: Lots of accidents along the way :( Thankfully dh was driving cause I don't do well in ice and snow :no:

Well, I didn't forget, but I need to go to Sam's Club today to get their big packs of batteries. It is in a town 45 minutes away and we tried to go yesterday when we took ds6 to his dr. appt. but when we got out of the dr's office it was freezing rain, bad. Took us and hour and a half to get home from a town normally 45 minutes away :eek: Lots of accidents along the way :( Thankfully dh was driving cause I don't do well in ice and snow :no:

I think i am going to hit Sams today also for batteries. It is usually 45 minutes away for me also and I was up around there the other day but it took me 45 minutes just to GET OUT of the city its in.... not due to weather, but traffic. took me over an hour to get home when its usually 45 minutes.... ugh.

Not that I have forgotten but still not supposed to drive from my foot surgery and Mom did not really want to stop at Wally yesterday :eyepoppin

I wanted something for the cats, but seeing as this year is a little "lean" they will have to do with the paper and boxes.

Also wanted to get 1 more thing for DH but he will have the most amount of gifts under the tree:cheesy: so will get it for "just because" after the holidays.

Also need something for tonight at DH's aunts. :rolleyes: Wally should'nt be TOO busy :o today to skip in and get something. Maybe I will run to Hannaford instead :D

All in all not too bad :)

I'm the exact opposite. I keep remembering things I've stashed everywhere. I'm going to sit down and reassess stuff tonight. I didnt' think we had stocking stuffers, and now I think there are too many. I keep remembering stuff I got so and so, or stuff to add onto packages that I've picked up all year. It sure doesn't feel like tomorrow is Christmas Eve!!!

I just did the same thing...I found wrapped gifts without tags ,had to open and see what they were....kinda cool now I have a few extra gifts for anyone who surprises us with a visit..

I just did the same thing...I found wrapped gifts without tags ,had to open and see what they were....kinda cool now I have a few extra gifts for anyone who surprises us with a visit..

A great trick I've learned is to wrap stuff when you get it or have time. I just write a number in the upper corner and jot it in a notebook. I do that with all of the kids gifts, my kids, nieces, nephews, cousins, etc. That way if one's getting a little weighted, when it comes down to it, I can just slap someone else's tag on it, LOL.

I forgot to get the stockings done last night. Now I am checking to make sure all my stuffers are done. Hate to brave the stores today.-

Of course my MIL called last night and asked me to bring 2 containers of crescent rolls, 2 liters of pop, and vegetables (corn) for dinner tonight 12.24. UGH. Here we go.

BATTERIES!!!!!! Ahhhhhhh!!!!! 80% of my son's toys need these and I didn't buy any!! So we are off to the store on CHRISTMAS EVE to get them!!! *quiet sobbing* I hope I don't get trampled, lol!

I'm trying to tell myself it will be ok...... pray for me.......

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!