Are Online Sales better this year than B&M?

Cinnamonhuskies

After reading several people say that they've bought a bit of Christmas things online already or plan to, rather than wait in the cold on BF....got me to thinking. The past few weeks I have bought alot of things online...only because it's been CHEAPER, FASTER (amazon prime for instance), or FREE SHIPPING either included or with a discount code. Most of all it was EASY. I don't have to go out in the cold, haggle with a clerk in Target that won't take my coupons, and take my time shopping and deciding.

How many of you have increased your online shopping this year and why?

I wouldnt say I've increased my amount of online shopping because I've always done a lot, however I do believe I have found some better deals online than I would in-store this year.

For instance, my daughter wanted an Xbox 360 and after seeing the Best Buy ad that they werent really discounting the price or giving anything good away for free with purchase, I bought it through Dell.com for 15% off, plus I get the 5% back from my Discover card by shopping through them. I ordered yesterday and got the system TODAY! Quick free overnight shipping by Dell. :smirk:

There are a few other things I'm finding online, but still do plan on saving some of the items I need to buy in order to go out and get them in-store.

Online shopping certainly adds ALOT to the convenience factor.

I wouldn't say that I've shopped more online than I normally would, but I have shopped online quite frequently. The other added benefit is the instant gratification that you got the best price you can find right then, plus when you factor in the anticipation of hoping that you don't get a cancellation on a really great deal, it's an adrenaline rush. On the other hand, I might have bought some items that I probably wouldn't have bought if I saw them in the store, nonetheless they will all be put to good use.

I'll still go out on Black Friday for sure though!

Last year I bought a hard drive & TomTom LE through BestBuy.com (on Thanksgiving) for the Black Friday price... Much better than waiting in line. http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/Yes/nod.gif

I might try to pick up a Sandisk Fuze the same way (Radio Shack and Best Buy have 'em on sale this year).

Our members who stay on here all year long know that you can get Black Friday-level deals any day of the year by shopping online. I think that's part of the reason people are less excited about the ads on here the last few years because they know what kind of online deals they've gotten the rest of the year.

Our members who stay on here all year long know that you can get Black Friday-level deals any day of the year by shopping online. I think that's part of the reason people are less excited about the ads on here the last few years because they know what kind of online deals they've gotten the rest of the year.

I most certainly agree. This year I have been on everyday and I cannot believe how much I have saved thruout the year. I keep telling everyone about everything I have been able to get and how much money spent.

I did a huge amount of online shopping already because the deals are better and cheaper online. I can find lower prices that the store do not provide, some discount coupon codes, and free shipping in a lot of instances. On top of that I get to take my time and ponder longer over an item without leaving my home. I have found so many deals on this site that we are just about finished shopping for each other. Now we will start to focus on other family members that we get a present for. This site does an awesome job in showing major deals that are available.

Ah Brad...it's sad in a way though because now i'm like "$499 for a 32" lcd tv? big freaking deal, Brad found that cheaper for me a month ago!" LOL...I keep waiting for an ad to come out that makes me want to run out at 2am in the freezing cold with 500,000 strangers...Maybe if everyone on here wasn't so darn good at finding deals we wouldn't be in this depression, lol :D

I think this may be the first year of my adult life in which I don't do the crack-of-dawn B&M BF shopping. The deals seem to apply less & less to who I need to shop for each year, and seem to be more along the lines of insane steals for a select few who will wait in line for 12 hours, and then some accompanying sales that aren't really good enough to get me out to the stores. I've been getting some really fantastic deals online this year, and that, coupled with the great sales I saw in the last 2 weeks before xmas last year, tells me the traditional BF's not worth it.

I've been doing my shopping online for years now. I started because a few years ago I sprained both my ankles about 3 weeks before Christmas(I swear I'm not a klutz, it was during 2 different soccer games) and literally couldn't get out to shop. I didn't have much of a choice. I found that it was pretty easy, way less stressful and when I was done I never wanted to slap anyone, unlike when I go to a store.

It seems I've been upping my online Christmas shopping every year. It's just so easy and the deals are unbeatable.

I've been doing my shopping online for years now. I started because a few years ago I sprained both my ankles about 3 weeks before Christmas(I swear I'm not a klutz, it was during 2 different soccer games) and literally couldn't get out to shop. I didn't have much of a choice. I found that it was pretty easy, way less stressful and when I was done I never wanted to slap anyone, unlike when I go to a store.

It seems I've been upping my online Christmas shopping every year. It's just so easy and the deals are unbeatable.

but Its just not the holiday season without a moment of thought centered around "i could SO take her" :P JK

I online shop all year around but definitely not as much as I do during November and December. I love free shipping and coupon codes, they can really make it worth it. But I do enjoy the hustle and bustle of going out to the store or the mall once in a while during the holiday season. I do go out on Black Friday but I'm not one of those people up at 2 am on my way out the door. I usually head out around 8 am or so.

But yes, nothing beats shopping in your jammies with a cup of coffee in hand. ;)