CNN walks through highlights of Wamart's BF ad

hacksolo

Guest CS.Dean
The pieces they released will really draw attention to themselves. The 50in TV for $798 will be a BIG draw. Looks like they are trying to draw back the customers they have lot over recent years

I actually have to say, besides the XBox Bundle, that I'm not yet impressed with Wal-Mart's. I'll reserve judgment though until the whole ad comes out and we can get some details.

The $798 50 Inch Samsung Plasma HDTV isn't really a steal unless it's 1080p. Best Buy is clearing out their 52" 720p's right now for a comparable price. If it's 1080p, then yeah, it's worth spending the night in the store.

The $128 Magnavox Blu-Ray I'm assuming is the one that's currently $198. The real question for me is whether it's worth the $50 (at Sears or through Price Match) to move up from entry level to a much much much better player in the Sony BDP-S350 (BD Live Capability).

If the Uniflame grill is one of their 68,000 BTU deals, it's definitely worth checking out at $179.

I suppose we'll just have to wait like everyone else until 11/24 to get some confirmation on this stuff.

In the CNN article it says the ad was leaked. I searched hi and lo on the internet and still cannot find it. Last year I found it hidden in what I think is called a tangent site. If it has been leaked I would think you would be able to find it somewhere.

I wonder how true this is.

In the CNN article it says the ad was leaked. I searched hi and lo on the internet and still cannot find it. Last year I found it hidden in what I think is called a tangent site. If it has been leaked I would think you would be able to find it somewhere.

I wonder how true this is.

I have tried to find it also..glad I am not the only one :D

The xbox and the BR player are good deals. The TV is just ok, you can pick it up today at frys.com for $877 with free shipping and no tax for some. The walmart sneek peak today is at least promising for some decent deals on BF.

Thanks OP!

Walmart is really heavy into the security of their BF ad, the ad was printed the start of November, but printers could not ship to newspapers/mailhouses until Wednesday 11/12 & all deliveries had to completed Thursday 11/13. Since the story was posted today, I guess CNN got a copy from someone @ a newspaper or mailhouse because there is no way a copy of the ad got out of any of the printing plants that printed the ad. WM had security & employees @ all printing plants that printed their ad.

I also found this

Magnavox Blu-ray player drops from $198 to $128 (a BDP-S300 might still be a better value)

50-inch Samsung plasma of unspecified resolution is only $798 (720p, bet on it)

Xbox 360 + Guitar Hero III & wireless guitar pack (all the real plastic guitar aficionados have moved on to Rock Band 2) drops in for $199.

$398 HP desktop PC

$175 gas grill

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/14/walmart-black-friday-doorbuster-deals-leak-out-early-well-slee/

I also found this

Magnavox Blu-ray player drops from $198 to $128 (a BDP-S300 might still be a better value)

50-inch Samsung plasma of unspecified resolution is only $798 (720p, bet on it)

Xbox 360 + Guitar Hero III & wireless guitar pack (all the real plastic guitar aficionados have moved on to Rock Band 2) drops in for $199.

$398 HP desktop PC

$175 gas grill

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/14/walmart-black-friday-doorbuster-deals-leak-out-early-well-slee/

Those are the exact same items and prices in the CNN story. No new info there...

The Blu-Ray player is junk, Best Buy sells the same model under the Insignia name, and it performs far worse then any Samsung or Sony Blu-Ray player. It is very slow and unresponsive, and does a poor job in playing, and lacks many useful features other players have. The $179 player from Sears is the best deal going on Blu-Ray players right now. The Sony 350 model has excellent video and sound quality, and has BD Live for connecting to the Internet for updates and extra content.

Hopefully Best Buy will react and will drop the price on the Sony player for Black Friday as well, to give everyone a chance to get one.

I planned on buying ZERO Christmas purchases at Walmart this year. I planned on boycotting them from wrapping paper to scotch tape to crackers and gift tags. I was going to take 100% of my buying power to someone else's doorstep in protest to the lack of empathy to folks who used to use layaways. But on seeing the CNN article, and realizing I can get an Xbox AND the guitar hero game and guitar for $199.92 I have changed my mind. But only to the point of purchasing those two items. I have finished ALL my shopping in record time this year, and those Xboxes were the only things left on my absolutely must have list. Seriously, if I had to drive 100 miles one way to get the same thing for the same price somewhere else I would. hehe