All is not rosy at Best Buy either

wnielsen1

Well, considering I can buy just about everything BB has at a lower priceon Newegg.com, I am not shocked.

After I built my new pc (parts from Newegg), I went into BB to see how much I had saved and it was close to $900 in savings... and this is not even a "top of the line" pc... wow !

Guest CS.Dean
impossible to compare Best Buy and Circuit City. The upper management of CC has been driving that company in the ground for a long time

Depends on the item. I bought a flat screen tv 2 years ago with extended warranty and had to have it fixed, couldn't be fixed so they replaced it. The replacement not even a week after got it needed to be fixed to, but since hadn't been 30 days yet or whatever they just had me bring it back to the store. So as far as TVs are concerned Id rather pay for the warranty than the scratch ticket.

Well, considering I can buy just about everything BB has at a lower priceon Newegg.com, I am not shocked.

After I built my new pc (parts from Newegg), I went into BB to see how much I had saved and it was close to $900 in savings... and this is not even a "top of the line" pc... wow !

If you already had the operating system then I can tell you why. When you are looking at new PC's in the store as compared to one that you build yourself, it is labor & the operating system cost you so much. Anytime that you buy a system in the store you are paying about 20% for the parts, 30% for the labor, and 50% for the operating system. That makes up for about 80% of the cost in store. This is also one of the reasons that laptops are so much higher than desktops. Although this is starting to change with a few barebone kits for laptops, still too rich for my blood though (About $500-$750 with no parts :eyepoppin).