Ideas for Grown-Up Stockings?

HBrewer

Candies, sm pkgs of nuts, corn nuts, golf balls ot tees, pens, post its, memo tablets, music cds, colognes, lip balm, toys, guitar strings, picks,etc. Especially items related to their hobby! They really like that! My hubby plays golf and guitar so I get things for him related to those!

Another idea is flash lights, especially the small mag lights, or one of the other small led flash lights, and those can be for either male or female, lip balms, if you live where it gets cold, gloves or a stocking cap are good too.

golf balls

candy

mints

this year I found sil some StarWars Good vs Evil playing cards

Brain teaser puzzles (the metal ring or wooden type)

gummy lifesavers

bandaids - he is always using the kid's

for dd I am putting in some aloe socks from Bath & Body

I also watch the Avon site they have great stocking stuffers

I usually go to a place like World Market or Central Market to find unique goodies. He LOVES trying the new things and I have a blast trying to find stuff for him each year.

I usually put in a travel game of some sort as well. DH normally puts nail polish, hair clips, toe socks, and things like that in mine.

:rwb:

Someone else mentioned this up thread,but going to the liquor store and getting those little bottles of liquor are a good way of trying something at a low cost.

Other ideas:

puzzle books (Sodoku,crossword,etc. pick 'em up at the Dollar Tree)

trial/travel sized products (shaving cream,body wash etc.)

lottery tickets

beef jerky or Slim Jims

little screwdrivers

those hanging car deoderizers

Gift certificates to car washes,movies,fast food places,etc.

Really anything little found at the Dollar Tree stores :)

I love filling stockings and enjoy the challenge of finding things for hubby and teenaged sons.

Plus,we have BIG stockings so I can fit lots of goodies in there!

pocket watch

wallet

fingernail clippers

razor

mp3 player

song card

gas card

gc to favorite lunch stop

shower gel (my DH acutally likes B & B's coconut lime verbena)

mouthwash

dvd of his fav movie

cd by his favorite group (even if you make a mix cd)

a book by his favorite author

books a million or barns and noble gift card

dice

deck of cards

candy

nuts

gum

comb/brush

toothbrush

floss sticks

razor

shaving creme

candy

boxers

gum

lotions

gas cards or any gift cards

baseball hat (if you have a larger stocking)

screwdriver or any small tool (hey, my husband is a tool nut and LOVES his tools lol)

cds

movies

comb/brush

colgone

lighter or zippo (if he uses one)

new pair of earbuds (or mp3 player)

I did something different- I ordered a matching set of dog tags from Art Cow with our pic on it putting that in his stocking... the usual things I do are...

Sexy boxers ..lol I guess those are more for me BUT.. hehe

PJ bottoms..

CD- he collects imports

Star Wars Actiion figure(collects these)

Iphone Head Phones( I swear he goes through them fast)

Gift Cards to Stores he will never buy anything for himself...this way he can...

favorite candy

I'd suggest something for your husband that has to do with things he really enjoys but doesnt pick up for himself...

I have done a stocking for my DH for years. My rule is that there is one "real gift" that is wrapped in the stocking along with the misc. stuff. One year was a wallet, sometimes DVD or CD. As for the filler, I've done Lindt chocolate bars (walmart has them now less expensive) bags of MM's or Reese's Pieces are great for the "toe" of the stocking. I've bought a new mouse pad and unpackaged it and rolled it up and tied it with ribbon.

Wow....some great ideas above. I usually do the same for my DH - but I thought I would share with you guys what my DH does for me. He felt bad I think the first Christmas we were married as I totally love Christmas and I was ready - had gifts, stocking stuffers the whole nine yards. He however (kinda grinchy with the commercialized aspect of this holdiay) was not what I would consider a willing participant. Regardless, he got up in the night and saw his presents and stockings and basicly walked through our house putting misc. items into my stocking. This has now been his "Tradition" / cop out is what I call it - but it has been fun to see what new items he comes up with.

I have received in years past....screwdriver, tv remote, my "open cigs", lighter, flashlight, pair of folded socks, earrings / bracelets from my jewelery box. What a guy!! It is funny thou. Well I think it is. Just thought you guys might get a kick out of it. I do!!!

Today is our 13th Anniversary - when I told him about the Wilson Sale he was like get what ya want...Happy Anniversary to me....No complaints here.

favorite treats (candy, nuts, etc), golf balls, small puzzle toys, boxers, cologne, toothbrush heads (he uses those expensive tooth brushes with the interchangable heads), socks, pens (he's an artist and LOVEs various pens), etc

just about anything small enough to fit in it...even regular gifts if they are small will end up in the stocking so they don't get lost!

My DH is an office supply junkie, so during the state fair I go around and collect all of the free pencils, post-its, magnets, sharpies, etc and load his stocking up with those. I also send away for free samples all throughout the year and tuck those in. He prides himself on being "frugal" (cheap) so he loves this! I'm liable to get anything from windshield wipers to a book of coupons for assorted romantic stuff in mine. You never know with him.

My husband is getting a Baked Potato Rack for his grill $0.30 @ Marshals and I left the tag on. He will laugh when he sees the price.

Pack of 8 Sharpie markers for $1.99 As Is Tagged at Target

A Weber Grill Utensil rack for the Grill $1.98 @ Target

A set of 5 Le Creuset Silicone Spatulas, $8.00 @Tuesday Morning (Orig $40.00 then marked down and then an extra 50% off.

Toe Nail clippers. (He always loses these!)

Bag of Malted Milk Balls Candy ( Target Halloween Candy Clearance)

Ice Cream Scoop

Also a container of Malted Milk to make Chocolate Malt Shakes.

My Dad is getting

A Mcormick Garlic Pepper Spice Ginder $1.00 at King Soopers Grocery

Weber Untensil holder

A few packs of 2 AA Energizer Batteries $0.25 each pack, Target Clearance

4 Individual packs of SPAM. (ewww gross! but he likes it!) $0.25 each at Target

Pack of 8 Blank CDR's $0.98 at Target

8 Pack of Sharpies

I pick up little things when I see them. I try to give useful and fun things. Sometimes I would buy cute things like a mini Double Bubble, Bubble Gum dispenser shaped like a football. But once the gum is gone the dispenser gets tossed because it can't be refilled. So i don't buy stuff like that anymore. I can't stand waste.

For DH:

nuts and fruit - family tradition

candies - special mints or new things he hasn't tried

Coffee shop gift card

hand and feet lotions and soaks etc. (he has his own foot spa)

hard sugar candy, the old fashioned kind

flavored coffees - we get them for each other, we try to find a new flavor every year

new and unusual teas

mesh tea ball

I think the little liquor bottle idea is great! I also second buying for their hobbies. My DH is a farmer and a specialty mechanic, a big outdoorsy guy. I like to pamper him and indulge his softer side. He loves to cook and bake and just create things in the kitchen with me to unwind. I get him little kitchen gadgets and extracts and small pricey ingredients, things he might not buy himself.

This year Dh will get

xbox live gold

mcdonalds gift cards

candy

cologne

My Mom will get

mcdonalds gift card

subway gift card

orbits gum

itunes card(if i get the ipod she would rather have a bluray)

dvd

candy

DS12

axe body wash

axe deodorant

gum

candy

ds game

DD8

candy

ds game

lip gloss

hsm pens & note pad

thats all I have come up with so far..

I usually do candy (esp. Reese's trees and Ghirardelli caramel-filled squares, as he loves those), small $$ amount gift cards, action figures, Hot Wheels, small vacuum-packed coffee bricks, and maybe a paperback. We don't do CDs anymore, since we have everything on mp3. Our stockings are rather skinny, so DVDs and baseball caps and such wouldn't fit. Sometimes I've done things that are clues to something bigger (never car keys, but that would be nice!).

This year I'm inspired by all the other good ideas here. Thanks, everyone!