Couples what is your holiday gift solutions?

casey49781

We give eachother a list of things we would like to find under the tree. It is usually several small items (under $10) and one or two bigger items. This year is different because DH just wants things to go downrange with him. So, more $$$ spent on him this year than usual. Most years we have a limit of $150 for eachother. This year DH is getting a new laptop, iPod, Boots, flame retardent shirts, and some resin gun magazines. :rwb: Edited by hockeyfanamo
oops

I have been trying to figure out what to get my husband for Christmas. He has mentioned that he wanted a PSP (to play games and the internet). He also said that he wanted a camera. I was looking at GPS systems also.

I'm not sure I want to spend $200-175 for a PSP. If I got this he would only get this. I was looking at the Madden bundle as he would love this game. The Racket and Clank bundle though has the new improvements, but not a game he would like. I think he would enjoy this to check the internet or play games while sitting at basketball/baseball/karate practices or sitting in traffic.

A GPS system is going to cost around $150. He doesn't travel all that much, but does go on sales calls sometimes. Not sure he would get much use out of it.

The camera would be cheaper, but we have a new camera that he bought me last christmas. He also is not one to take many pictures. I think this may not be used much, but I could get him a few other fun things.

My last opinion is just getting some fun things and a Wii war type game with gun controller. I have bought other games for him in the past, but he plays them for a little while and then they collect dust.

What would be your opinion of the best use of the money? I'm struggling to stay on a budget and look for deals. I need a third party's opinion. Help!!! What would you buy and why? TIA

my dh waits until the day before to buy for me so needless to say I do ok but usually not get a BIG want.

He hates crowds...

This year we bougt a together gift...resided out home , and garage along with 10 new windows and did a partial new roof. That was our major Xmas gift it needed to get done so it made the most sense when it cost that much to consider it THE GIFT and a few samll things will still come our way I am sure.

Our dollar amount is set by how much stuff we sell on eBay throughout the year. So this year I've been selling off some extra clothes and other stuff, and I'll have around $450 to spend on him, I'm planning on getting him a new stereo for his truck. I have no idea what all he's sold this year, but I know that around this time of year he starts making trips to the post office a LOT! :)

This keeps things interesting in a couple of ways: we don't have to "budget" for Christmas, and it helps us clear the house of extra junk that we just don't need.

We always give each other a range, but usually end up going over a little bit. This year I was going to get him some nice cooking knives from Japan (he's really into cooking), but they no longer sell the knives that complete the set. I got him one thing I'm pretty sure he's expecting to get (an MP3 player), but I'd like to really surprise him with something different along with it. I also want to start a tradition of stockings for us-- it's something that's always been done in my family, but not in his.

Before we were living together (we were dating long distance for two years before I moved in with him), our limit was about $100 for gifts for each other for Christmas. The first year we were living in our house together, we bought things for the house and called it our gift to ourselves. We bought one of those custom-made cast address markers, and did a lot of renovations to the inside of the house. Then last year, our first Christmas as a married couple, we had a $100 limit to buy for each other - and ended up buying nearly the same thing for each other! I bought him a small SanDisk Sansa mp3 player, nice headphones for it (we jog together outside), a cable so he can listen to it in the car, and a boom box for him to use either out in the garage or in the basement that could also play the mp3 player (since he was always stealing my little radio from the kitchen!) He bought me nice microfiber socks (for jogging), headphones, cables to plug my mp3 player into the car, and an under-the-cabinet radio/CD player with a light on the bottom for the kitchen - since he was always stealing my little radio!

Needless to say, we had quite a laugh on Christmas morning last year and decided not to return anything. And this year, our gift to each other is to finally redecorate the last major room we haven't yet touched - the master bedroom.

So far he's getting a new air compressor and wet dry vac (thanks GD for Sears BF ad) and a turkey fryer. I don't kniw what else yet. He spoils me too. He'll spend at least $500 on me. I usually buy for everyone else and not for myself, I guess thats why he always buys me alot.

We dont set limits or anything. Last year we decided not to do gifts because we had just started a new business, but usually we spoil each other. My husband grew up really poor and never had much so I always like to go all out for him for Christmas. :D

My husband never had much of a Chrismas either. We do tend to spoil each other though. We've "set limits" in the past and it never worked so we just don't anymore. It's more of a let your conscience be your guide kind of thing. But every year we take inventory of what we got and see "who won" on the gift giving front. It used to always be me, but in recent years he's been good competition We don't have kids so we just spoil each other and we enjoy it. This year though we are getting a (rather expensive) kitten that arrives Monday after Christmas. While she's not a Christmas gift, we have said we will cut back on gifts to each other because if it....we'll see

We don't have a "limit" but I would say we spend between $200-$300. I am going slightly over that this year as DH needs a new iPod so he'll get a touch, a PS3 game and pajama pants. I haven't been able to find that PS3 game (NHL '09) on sale anywhere and its driving me crazy because I hate paying full price for stuff! At least he'll get an iTunes gift card with the Touch (Thank you Circuit City)