Couples what is your holiday gift solutions?

casey49781

For the first time this year we each have opened our own checking accounts. $30 a pay period goes into our own account. That money can be used for whatever you want. As long you you use your own account you can get the other person whatever you want and can afford.

In past years we have set a dollar amount. Other years we have made it a rule that you had to get the other person something practical.

It just depends on what we need that year. Some years we do a "big" present for both of us, others like last year we do seperate presents. This year we need lots of "big" things so I imagine we will focus on those. I know we are buying a new desktop computer and we will also be buying a new TV for the living room.

We set a limit of $125 this year. I got him tickets to Jeff Dunham's show on Jan. 2nd and dinner (haven't picked a restaurant yet). He probably got me some random items from the outlet centers around here. I REALLY want an engagement. Not a ring (though a toy one would be fun), but the question. It costs nothing now but has immediate and long-lasting benefits!! :-D

We dont really have any limits. I normally have a good idea of what she will get me so I base my shopping off of that. Many years I know exactly what She gets me as I found the good deal on it online and asked her to order it LOL.

My husband tends to try to overbuy and spoil me so I always shop first (just because of good deals here) and he says "how much did you spend" and I give him a low number because I know he can't follow the rules but likes to be "equal" so if I spent 150 I'll tell him 100 so he can "go over" without me feeling guilty that he spoils me so much. :)

We change the limit every year, but we do set limits. There have been years where we've spent $500+ a piece and others we've spent $25.00 a piece. Essentially we buy all the other gifts we need first, make sure the bills are paid, then go ahead and see what we can afford.

I shop all year long so we really don't have spending limits. I often buy my own gifts, too because I will see a really hot deal online and go tell DH and he will say just buy it. I hate the thought of passing it up and then him spending full price on it.

we technically don't buy for each other, but I get stuff for him...

he used to want me to make out a list of what I wanted, where in the store it was, how much, color, size, etc...it felt more like I was sending him on an errand than him shopping for me

he never buys for himself during the year, and I usually do the shopping so I pick up what I need and occasionally want for myself

I'm hoping eventually when the kids are bigger they will think of me and go shop for their mom once in awhile

Most years we just do something really small for each other because we'll make big purchases when there are sales during the year.

Same here.

By time Christmas rolls around we don't need anything except the things we don't want to buy. Like dish towels, dish rags, socks, underwear............... you know the boring stuff. :yawn:

We discuss what we want and spoil each other to varying degrees each year. We don't have kids so the budget is easier to stretch. He has went as big as $1500 (Macbook Pro) or on a 'cheap' year we might do $250 each. Probably about 500 each this year. I do most of the shopping as he says that I will just complain that he paid retail (he's right!). So he will say I want to give you this and tell me to buy it when I find a deal. We both try to have a few surprises, but mostly just buy from each others lists. He does seem to always want to outspend me :yup: