Black Friday Incentives?

MKEShopper

Does anyone have any confirmation on any store incentives for 2008?

I know in the past, Sear's has given away gift cards, World Market has had a Willy Wonka-type contest with chocolate bars, JCPenny usually does a Mickey Mouse ornament, etc.

Has anyone heard about anything this year?

Also, does anyone know if Boston Store is still doing their $10 off anything $10 or more coupons?

Welcome to community!

The only way to know about any specials like you posted about is when the ads are released. Sears already sent out a press release saying they will have secret deals that you will only know about if you go into the store on BF.

Does anyone have any confirmation on any store incentives for 2008?

I know in the past, Sear's has given away gift cards, World Market has had a Willy Wonka-type contest with chocolate bars, JCPenny usually does a Mickey Mouse ornament, etc.

Has anyone heard about anything this year?

Also, does anyone know if Boston Store is still doing their $10 off anything $10 or more coupons?

I miss the incentives stores used to give out. TRU gave wrapping paper one year, Ames gave scratch off cards for extra % off, Kmart was the best: got a 101 Dalmations gift bag full of stuff one year and a tin of cookies w/ Elmo on it the next. Penneys usually does snowglobes now but I LOVED when they did the Norman Rockwell ornaments.

I think Macy's does stuff still, as does Sears and Penneys usually and Big Lots but other than that can't think of too many places that do much anymore.

I know that several of the GameStop stores will hand out some goodies to BF shoppers when the doors open. These items include t-shirts, posters, hats, and game demos; but it is all at the store manager's discretion. Aside from the doorbuster deals that would continue until noon, all of these goodies made for some great stocking stuffers.

I know that Herbergers usually has a coupon in their BF ads that if you spend $25 or $50 you get $10 off or something like that but the coupon has to be used before a certain time (10am stands out in my mind but I'm not exactly for sure).

My mom has used it in the past and we usually get two papers so two coupons and she just does two transactions.

A couple of years ago my SIL had emergency surgery on BF and my BIL called to say she cried before going into surgery because she wouldn't get the snow globe from Penneys ~ luckily I was able to get it although I didn't even get there til after 11AM!

Last year, I was in Jersey for BF (my class reunion was that night) and the Target I went to with my sister handed out those reuseable shopping bags that fold down into a little compact rectangle with a couple of Archer Farms samples inside ~ a small flavored coffee, a granola type bar and I think there was something else in there.

If I remember correctly, Macy's handed out a $10 gift card to be used that morning to the first so many customers.

Yes I believe they did last year, I was one of the first ones in the store on BF and was done within 20 minutes! :2wiggle: Got the items which I came for and left. I was very surprised at the lack of people there when it opened last year. Iam sure as the day went on it got busier. :eyepoppin

Can't wait till this year BF! :D

One of the popular department stores here in the Northeast, Boscov's, has been known to hand out $5 gift cards on BF when the doors open. Unfortunately, they filed for bankruptcy earlier this year and is in the process of closing several stores. So it is anyone's guess if they will pass out gift cards this year.

Last year, I was in Jersey for BF (my class reunion was that night) and the Target I went to with my sister handed out those reuseable shopping bags that fold down into a little compact rectangle with a couple of Archer Farms samples inside ~ a small flavored coffee, a granola type bar and I think there was something else in there.

It was a little Target teddy bear. Target called the pack a BF Survival Kit.