Why does it seem so slow so far? (Black Friday ads)

tgenius

It just seems that Black Friday related stuff is barely trickling in so far in 2008, does anyone else agree? I'm not looking for much this year, but in any event I love BF for the thrill of jumping from store to store; I've even gotten my wife somewhat into it too.

Last year on 10/23 we had ads from.... Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight

This year on 10/23 we have ads from.... Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight

Plus Black Friday is 5 days later this year (11/28 vs 11/23 last year), so stores might be pushing back when ads are completed/printed. Most will aim to have them ready X weeks/months before BF, so that could factor in as well.

If you want more ads, talk to people who might have them and tell them to send them to us. We can only post what we (or other sites) receive from people with the ads.

FWIW, one national retailer has recently contacted me about intentionally leaking their BF ad to us to generate some buzz. Nothing confirmed yet and I can't say what retailer, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

FWIW, one national retailer has recently contacted me about intentionally leaking their BF ad to us to generate some buzz. Nothing confirmed yet and I can't say what retailer, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

Wow! That's awesome! If only every retailer were this smart instead of trying to be bully's! Don't they realize it's only helping them?

How cool! Now if it happens let us know if they are close to me I will make sure that store gets a stop!

Can you give us a hint after it's posted so we make sure we help that store. We want to thank the ones that feed our addiction.:hungry:

It may also be a matter of our growing anticipation. I first got into Black Friday just two years ago and didn't find and join this site until November 14, 2006. Last year I started paying attention somewhat earlier, and although I am not as fanatacal as some, I now start to pay attention earlier and more often. :cheesy:

In any case, you should have plenty of time to peruse the ads, do some research, and formulate your BF plans before the Big Day comes. Early ads won't make BF come any sooner. In the mean time, spend some time in the "real" world. ;)

Now that's the spirit!! Maybe other retailers should take note and follow their lead :) That would make me super happy!!

Anyway, I hope they actually do it! And if you're not allowed to tell us who does it, maybe you could print their ad in a certain color or something as a clue so we know who to give our business to on BF ;)

Well, we know it isn't Big Lots ;)

Anyway, awesome to hear!

Last year on 10/23 we had ads from.... Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight

This year on 10/23 we have ads from.... Ace Hardware and Harbor Freight

Plus Black Friday is 5 days later this year (11/28 vs 11/23 last year), so stores might be pushing back when ads are completed/printed. Most will aim to have them ready X weeks/months before BF, so that could factor in as well.

If you want more ads, talk to people who might have them and tell them to send them to us. We can only post what we (or other sites) receive from people with the ads.

oh, sure confuse this with facts.

I'm trying to get my friend who works at Kmart to give me any kind of info but she isn't giving lol I try every year maybe one year I will actually get something out of her lol

when I worked at Kmart it was the SHIPPING guys who knew EVERYTHING!

Yeah in my one day of retail expierence, I learned quickly it was the shipping and unloading guys in the know.

It seems slow this year to me as well, but I think its just because I haven't been as preoccupied with other things, so my mind is more focused on Black Friday.

Can you give us a hint after it's posted so we make sure we help that store. We want to thank the ones that feed our addiction.:hungry:

Oh definitely. I already told them that if they send the ad to me I'll definitely stress that they were the ones who leaked it because they recognize how a site like this can help them (and hopefully it would influence others to follow suit).

I am only using Walmart to price match this year. I am boycotting the BF doorbusters. i hope they lose more money from me getting good deals than they make. I know that's like oxy moronic but I have had trouble with the "fortune 500" company and their customer service skills on more than one occasion and it has left a serious sour taste in my mouth. I'll even stoop to BL before I do Wal-mart again!

BEST BUY HERE I COME!