Why does it seem so slow so far? (Black Friday ads)

tgenius

you guys can guess all you want, but i can't respond to any of the guesses. and there is no guarantee that this retailers will go through with it, so...

M'eh....make it your next T-Shirt Contest if it gets appproved. If not...you always have the coin counter idea I shot at ya eariler.

:beer:

FWIW, one national retailer has recently contacted me about intentionally leaking their BF ad to us to generate some buzz. Nothing confirmed yet and I can't say what retailer, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

That's just torture!! We want more ads!! I hope it's Circuit City since they're having trouble!! But then again, you said they were thinking about leaking it to you, you didn't say when. :cool:

When I worked at Target over a year ago, I only got to see a black and white copy of the ad about a week or two before BF. Now, I'm sure that department managers have a heads up on sale items far more in advance than the regular employees but I think regular employees have to do some snooping in order to find out what's on sale. My store manager was extremely strict about who could see the ad. The only reason why I got to see it is because I was in charge of setting up some endcaps with sale items for BF.

FWIW, one national retailer has recently contacted me about intentionally leaking their BF ad to us to generate some buzz. Nothing confirmed yet and I can't say what retailer, but just thought I'd throw that out there.

How AWESOME would this be if the retailer actually follows through! Its really cool that people are finally understanding how powerful this site is. I know that if the ad is leaked, I for one will put the retailer on my "Must-Get-To" list for BF.

if you have a regular friendly cashier at any of your stores ask them. a few of mine know some items and a few are trying to get me the ads.

Very good idea. And as I've posted before, if anyone helps us get an ad before anyone else, you'll get one of our Black Friday t-shirts :D