Washing Machine

I need help my washing machine just died. Any suggestions for a new washing machine. I would prefer to buy GE. I was thinking of a front loader. Do they really wash that much more clothing???

GE has an off-brand, I can't recall it right now, but ask the salesman. My mom's washer repairman told her about it when hers died. He said the parts are the same and you are not paying for the name. She has had it (the off brand) for a couple years now and it is nice. I have used it several times...just can't recall the name. Hers is a top-loader. I don't know anything about front-loaders.

I have a Maytag that I got on clearance at Lowe's. If you ask the salesperson they will often tell you what models are about to be clearanced. Good luck- it's no fun shopping under pressure!

I have front-loaders and they wash a lot of clothes with less water and less energy. You don't have the agitator in the middle, so clothes don't get wrapped around it. You just have to make sure to leave the washer door open when not in use or you might get mold. :yuck:

GE has an off-brand, I can't recall it right now, but ask the salesman. My mom's washer repairman told her about it when hers died. He said the parts are the same and you are not paying for the name. She has had it (the off brand) for a couple years now and it is nice. I have used it several times...just can't recall the name. Hers is a top-loader. I don't know anything about front-loaders.

I have a Maytag that I got on clearance at Lowe's. If you ask the salesperson they will often tell you what models are about to be clearanced. Good luck- it's no fun shopping under pressure!

My mom's set is Roper, i think that may be the Whirlpool off brand tho.

Is it to early to get the set from sears that is advertised for black Friday . Then get a price adjustment on BF or Nov 16 at friends and family sale. I think I saw another set in there for 699 with the 599 set also. Sears does have the price match policy. Not sure of the timing though.