CC BF Deals on web

Lanhawk

Looks like you won't have to camp out at CC as the deals will be on the website:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081014/ap_on_bi_ge/circuit_city_pricing_2

Circuit City to offer same price in stores, on Web

By MICHAEL FELBERBAUM

ASSOCIATED PRESS WRITER

RICHMOND, Va. -- Circuit City Stores Inc. has started offering the same prices in its stores as on its Web site in an effort to beef up its rapport with customers in hopes of increasing store traffic and sales, the company said Tuesday.

Retailers sometimes offer different prices on Web sites and in stores, though some retail consultants say such practices can make customers less trusting when they find out about them.

The move comes as the nation's No. 2 electronics retailer heads into a crucial holiday shopping season that could determine its future, amid a weak consumer spending environment that has even the least vulnerable retailers worried.

"(It's) no secret this holiday season is probably one of the most important ones in our history as a company and with these equities in place, we feel pretty good about it," Jeff Maynard, Circuit City's vice president of marketing, said in an interview with The Associated Press.

"At the end of the day, what this is all about is trust. When consumers look at this promise ... I think they will be very impressed with the prices that we're putting out there."

Under the new "One Price Promise" policy, the company will automatically charge the same price through all of its sales channels, which also include a call center.

Edited by bigjimslade
sighting source of news article

That press release is not related to BF - it is well known that the prices on the website were generally better than in-store for many items. This just lowers the prices in store to match the website.

As far as getting BF deals on the website, you could already do that the past few years.

Apparently it won't matter now, but our CC would honor the online price in the store. I got the Guitar Hero bundle for my younger brothers last year that was $89.99 in store, but $59.99 online. (not bf, it was only a couple weeks till xmas) I went in asked them about it, they looked it up, and said "yes, we can do it for that price". They just checked to make sure it was the price online and gave it to me no questions asked.

The only store I remember having problems last year was Staples. I remember a lot of people who ordered right as the items went online at the BF prices (including myself) ended up getting e-mails saying the items were out of stock. All the other big stores (BB, CC, WM, etc...) seemed to go smoothly.

were there problems with the website crashing or orders that you couldn't get to go through or that were canceled like other stores?

A couple of years ago (2006), I stayed over my Mom's house in Riverside, CA on Black Friday eve. I got up in the early morning, around 2:00 am, when the sale started, to place an order for a 42" Samsung HDTV DLP during Circuit City's Black Friday 6 Hour online sale. I tried placing the order multiple times for over an hour with no luck. The CC website was extremely slow and just would not allow me to complete the order. I was really tired and finally gave up. Disappointed, I went back to bed. I managed to wake up with about an hour or so left for the online Black Friday sale so I decided to give it one more try. Thankfully, the order went through on the first try. I then woke up my Mom, got some coffee onboard, and we headed out the doors at about 6:45am. We were able to get many good BF deals at Home Depot, Sears, Best Buy, and Lowes. I didn't attempt to wait in any BF lines but I was still able to still pickup a lot of useful items. :fluffy:

Edited by zzyzx

I don't recall having any issues last year.

I wish I was that lucky - We missed out on several items b/c of this. I was on the phone w/CSR for an hour. There was a crappy connection and the rep barely spoke English. :mad:

I got some deals on line last year through CC and walmart before BF; I say shop after you put the turkey in on-line and kmart is open.

but if you want BB deals better get in line early and no turkey for anyone, that place is always mobbed.

2 years ago we went to get in line but there were tooo many peole in line and only 8 per store well its ridic.