He's Back .... ELMO that is

vonnyb

I was just looking at the Toys r us paper and saw that ELMO will be in stores on Tuesday and was shocked to see that he costs $60 bucks :eek:. Luckily my 5 year old is not into ELMO any more and the baby has no clue who he is yet. Any of you plan on getting one of these doll??

Mine are past the Elmo age. But the price would be out of the ballpark for me for the amount of time that either one of mine would have played with it. The most prized stuffed animal or character in our house was a $5.00 stuffed "lellow bunny" from ABC distributing. Still catch a glimpse of him now and then.....

that should not be that "hot" at all. most of the online stores (amazon, walmart) have been taking orders for months and would have stopped if they didn't have enough stock to fill those orders. as with last year with the cookie monster and ernie, expect them to massively overproduce them, and you'll probably find them for $20 on clearance in january.

For what it does, I don't think $60 is too high. Have you seen the video? I already preordered for my Elmo loving 2 year old. He'll love it! I think it's a much better deal than that dinosaur toy I saw at Target. That scared my 2 year old when we saw the display at Target.

I have 18 month old twins (B/G) and my daughter is officially obsessed with Elmo. We have a portable DVD player in the car for long rides and always have Elmo on it. So whenever she sees any type of screen or laptop she points and asks for "emmo."

So I pre-ordered one of these for her for Christmas. We watched the video of it together online and she LOVED it. We'll see how much she really plays with it though.

I am leaving work now and going to pick up my pre-ordered Elmo from TRU. He is a little pricey but my 10 month old DD loves him so much I couldn't help myself. Does anyone know if they sell Abby Cadaby dolls/toys? She is another one my little one just loves.

I bought my niece an abby cadaby doll at Elder Bearman ( not sure what regional department store chain this is depending on where you live ) last BF I think I gave like $15 and it talked and had a dvd

Just went to Amazon to see the video. Search page loaded with a price of something like $114 (from 'other seller') Clicked on the link and it came up as $11.99! Sadly when I tried to order it it said 'out of stock' and moved it to my saved items list. The weird thing is that it is sitting down there in the saved items list and showing as 'in stock'. Still can't add it to my cart however. (This was from another seller as well, not Amazon)

And just like that it's gone! went back and it's $112 now. Shopping cart no longer says 'in stock'. Maybe I just wasn't fast enough. If someone did get it, wow did they get a deal! (shipping was $8 btw)

Here is proof, direct from my saved items list:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p69/rogueleader1977/elmo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this vision (I guess I watched too many Terminator movies) -

With each version Elmo gets a little more life like and animated.

One day Elmo will become self-aware and legions of tickle me Elmo's will take over the human race.

So if you ever see an Army of little red guys march toward you and laughing, remember I warned you. :D

I have this vision (I guess I watched too many Terminator movies) -

With each version Elmo gets a little more life like and animated.

One day Elmo will become self-aware and legions of tickle me Elmo's will take over the human race.

So if you ever see an Army of little red guys march toward you and laughing, remember I warned you. :D

LOL...ok that is the funniest thing i've ever read :)

• 2 weeks later...
i'm soooo glad i got one as soon as the TRU book came out it was the first thing that my son circled lol i searched for 3 days i FINALLY found one 2 hrs away in spartanburg SC i saw them on ebay as a "collectors item" the day after the ad some for like 300 bucks! i didn't think $60 was that much its REALLY a cool toy! i get a laugh out of it too...worth the $$$