Posted Sep 30, 2008 - 3:36 pm
1. no tickets for kids. I have seen families try to say that each of 5 kids is getting a laptop, a desktop, camera, pet duck, etc. usually the employees were good about it, and said no. teenage is one thing, 7 year olds is another.
2. no rebates. CC is one of the worst for these.
3. dont list items as "instant rebates". for the items/stores that do price match, the term rebate usually negates the PM. if I pay for it now, pay tax on it, and get money later, thats a rebate. if the price is just lower/on sale, and I dont pay tax on it, then its not a rebate.
4. no bundles to get the deal. no Vonage, AOL, Nutrisystem, anti venom of the month club, etc. to subscribe to in order to get the price.
5. no "bundle only" sales for game systems. bundles can be a good deal, but dont make me buy if it I only want a system.
6. no carts. if the carts are outside, dont let them in with the initial rush. it clogs the ingress something fierce. even worse, people get crazy with them as a battering ram, and others get hurt. if the shopper wants to bring a cart in, then they should wait a few minutes for the first rush to go through. pushing a cart through there is going to slow them down enough that they cant get all the super hot items anyway. gather what you can by hand, secure it, get others to bring a cart later, etc.
if the carts are inside the store, they are right up front, and then totally block the way inside there. maybe corral it off so those without a cart can get on their way and bypass them. if you want a cart, get one, and go another way.