Problems with Past WM BF Products

kmbrly

The Emerson microwave that was $25 last BF just bit the dust. When I came home from work I kept hearing a beep. I followed it to the kitchen, where I found the microwave displaying a "2". Then it beeped again and there was no display. Then the 2 reappeared.

I unplugged it, waited a minute and plugged it back in. Same thing, only this time when I tried pressing "reset" or "stop" there was another 2. Then another... and another. The display now showed 22:22 and I couldn't press any buttons to clear it, stop it, or start it.

Grrrr. I know it was only $25, but you'd think it would last a little more than 9 months.

*Sorry. Whoever moved this thread- Thank you!* LOL

Edited by kmbrly

couldn't hurt to call or email emerson...

I may try that. Like you said, it couldn't hurt.

The crazy thing is possessed.

I plugged it in to see if it was still acting up, and it seemed like it was going to be ok. So I put a Hormel Compleats meal in there for 90 seconds. It made it most of the 90 seconds and I hear all kinds of Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep Beep. LOL

So I unplugged it and plugged it back in, and it went back to the 22:22 and beep beep beep. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

I sent them an email. Their phone support is only available 9am-4pm central time (10am-5pm where I am). And I work from 9:30-6. :rolleyes:

Will keep you posted on what happens.

it's supposed to have a 1 year warranty.

Keep us posted and if you see the same nuke machine in this years ad just let your fellow community members know if you have problems. This is shy this community grows and becomes valuable.

Just an FYI...I hate Emerson. We had a VCR several years ago theat kept doing odd stuff. So they replaced it. 4 times. Same thing kept happening. Finally they agreed to send a diff brand & model that the parent company also makes. That one worked about twice as long as teh Emerson, so maybe 6 months? In the end, we trashed it. So much hassle.

I emailed them this morning, but I doubt I hear from them. I leave it unplugged because I don't trust it. It may work once in a while but only long enough to heat up frozen pancakes or something like that. I bought a new one at first then this one started working so I thought it was just a one time weird thing so I took the new one back. I am just thankful it didn't start flashing 6's lmao I would have left my stuff in my house and moved!!!! lol

I took a personal day today (not because of this- LOL), so I'm currently on hold with the company.

So far, they're trying to convince me that my call is very important to them, and if I continue to hold I can speak to the next representative. :tongue1:

Ok, so according to Terri at the 800#, they will gladly ship me a new microwave. First I have to cut the power cord off, mail the cord, with the owner's manual and a note explaining the problem (and she gave me an authorization number to include) to Emerson Radio in Erving Texas. And in 2-3 weeks I can expect a new microwave.

I don't think I've ever heard of having to cut the power cord off and sending it in. :confused:

Ok, so according to Terri at the 800#, they will gladly ship me a new microwave. First I have to cut the power cord off, mail the cord, with the owner's manual and a note explaining the problem (and she gave me an authorization number to include) to Emerson Radio in Erving Texas. And in 2-3 weeks I can expect a new microwave.

I don't think I've ever heard of having to cut the power cord off and sending it in. :confused:

It is Irving, Texas and the reason you have to do this is so you wont scam them to get a free product and sell the other one. I am glad you got good news!

It is Irving, Texas and the reason you have to do this is so you wont scam them to get a free product and sell the other one. I am glad you got good news!

LOL. I knew that. I don't know why I spelled it with an E. :g_doh:

What am I going to do for 3 weeks without a microwave?? LOL

I'll have to run across the street to make my popcorn. :tongue1:

LOL what if you never get a new one and try taking it back to walmart and explaining why it doesn't work. lmao "ohhhhhhhhhh that pluggy thing was important??? I didn't know that, so I cut it off" LOL

LOL

Is this why I've seen displays at stores with the cords cut off?? (Irons, blenders, etc)

Is the store cutting them off, and getting replacements?

I didn't have to do all of this when Mr Coffee replaced my Iced tea maker. By the time they got back to me for the information they needed, I had already cleaned up another mess made my the malfunctioning maker, and told them I had gotten so frustrated so I went ahead and tossed it, and thanked them for their time. (I wasn't upset with them, it was a well used tea maker, but I hadn't really had it all that long). About a week later I came home to a package on my doorstep with a new iced tea maker (with a bigger pitcher even) in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread!! I bought a microwave at Walmart last December and it will only work for about 20 seconds at a time now. Has PF on the display. It is a GE. After reading this thread I decided to call GE. Turns out the PF = Power Failure and the microwave has been coded Return to Vendor. If you have your receipt and fax it to them they will send you a refund. If you don't have your receipt, they will send you $50. I wasn't sure where my receipt was so I told them to just send the $50. After I hung up, I found the receipt, but we only paid $54.88 so oh well. It would cost me the extra $4.88 to fax them the receipt LOL. I'm happy with the $50.

Anyway, thanks for the thread!! It motivated me to call :)

• 4 weeks later...

the whole cut the power cord thing is minor compaired to what I had to do with a carseat and also a pack n play. Completely had to cut it apart and send in parts. NO way it could have been used. But I did get new ones!!!! These were recalled. You might check a recalled list for the microwave.

Good luck hope it all works out!!!!

I got the toaster last year for a couple of dollars. It's still doing fine. lol. We also got a crock pot that has been used about 2 times since then. We got them later in the day when they were marking them down because they had so many so we couldn't resist. Things are still holding up nicely on this end though, but we don't use them that much. The toaster gets used maybe once a month.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a good one I bought the blender for like $10 I think, 4 years ago. Didn't use it till this year, (long story) made 2 milkshakes with and it burnt up. My fiancee tried to make himself a milkshake after he made mine and it wouldn't work. Oh well at least I got my milkshake. LOL!:cheesy:

Hey I had that blender too. We used it 3-4 times and wouldn't ya know it was for milk shakes too.:gdlicklips: