Problems with Past WM BF Products

kmbrly

I remember buying a Symphonic DVD\VHS combo unit at the first Black Friday sale I went to (2003). It was dead on arrival; I had to return it, and this one actually worked...for about a week. Then I returned it and went with the Emerson DVD\VHS combo, which lasted me nearly 3 years before it died.

If Wal-Mart has anything by Symphonic on sale this year, it's best to avoid it (That is, if Symphonic still exists).

Well on the opposite end of the 'mail in the cord' spectrum, my parents lost the power cord to their brand new Black and Decker Deep Fat Fryer (probably got knocked into the trash or something). They call B&D about a replacement CORD and a few days later a package arrived and it was a brand new fryer! On a similar note soon after my wife and I moved into a new house (new for us, old house) the water heater broke. Had no idea how on it had been there, couldn't reach the previous owners. So I called the company to see if they had it in there records and without any questions except for my name and city the CSR gives me a code to take to Lowes and get a brand new one! Sometimes it pays off to ask!

Now I bought a Symphonic DVD\VHS combo unit about 4 years ago and knock on wood it is still working have had no problems with it and same with the coffee pots and hand mixer too they where cheap enough I throw mine away and get a new one every year! Edited by mrs.winter

• 2 weeks later...

The Garmin I bought last year quit working after 2 months.:eek: Walmart wouldn't take it back and I could not find receipt to send to Garmin.:no: Still sitting in a drawer and I get lost all the time :(

Wonder if it has anything to do with them being put together so fast they not doing it right!

The Garmin I bought last year quit working after 2 months.:eek: Walmart wouldn't take it back and I could not find receipt to send to Garmin.:no: Still sitting in a drawer and I get lost all the time :(

Wonder if it has anything to do with them being put together so fast they not doing it right!

Did you register your unit? Garmin does have a product repair department that you can send your unit to. I have had my Garmin since last Christmas and it works perfectly and my dh's is over a year old and is also working perfectly and both were refurbished units.

I am a bit biased though - my mom, dad and brother all work for Garmin. I can ask them about the return process if you want, my dad and brother work in the return/refurb dept.

The Bissell vacuum cleaner they had for cheap was a dud. It lasted maybe a month and I could get more suction out of a straw. I would expect something better out of a Bissell.

yeap totally agree my burned up! it lasted a little longer than a month but it went crazy, would not turn off, had smoke coming out of it and i had to rip the cord from the wall and a flame shot out. NOT A FUN DAY! however this is the only bissell i ever had a problem with, as we own a bissell steamer and bought another more expensive bissell vacuum and havent had a problem with this one and its a good 8 months old. maybe that was a cheaply made unit.