The teens

princez916

There is tons of ideas on things to get the younger ones, but what about the teens? My kids are 17 (will be 18 b4 xmas), 15 (turns 16 two weeks after xmas), and 13 (will be 14 in Feb.). They already have a PS3, Wii, DS, and PSP, they're not interested in Xbox. They all have mp3 players. Two will get new cell phones (contract is up 12/21, talk about perfect timing!). Two have their own computers and there is another computer for everyone to use. Besides clothes and a few video games, what else is there to get?

digital cameras, printers, digital picture frames, itune cards, jewelry, gas cards, movie tickets or tickets to an event coming up in your area, magazine subscriptions, small refrigerator for their room (This can go to college with them later). Repaint or redecorate their rooms, favorite tv shows on DVD, perfume or cologne were a few ideas I had

digital cameras, printers, digital picture frames, itune cards, jewelry, gas cards, movie tickets or tickets to an event coming up in your area, magazine subscriptions, small refrigerator for their room (This can go to college with them later). Repaint or redecorate their rooms, favorite tv shows on DVD, perfume or cologne were a few ideas I had

great ideas!

If they are heavy into fashion how about a gift credit for a custom product from one of the big companies. Nike, Puma, Timberland, Polo all have products you can customize. We did the Timberland boots for my Daughter 2 years ago and they are still like new. She is selective as to where she wears them. She loved choosing all the different combinations. It took her 3 weeks before she was ready to place the order. They were around $135. This is expensive but when they are this age you sometimes run out of things to give them. Additions to their savings accounts are good too.

Our DD loves books, so I usually buy the top 3 or 4 on her list...or a gift card to BN. iTunes cards are big hits, as well as Starbucks, Movie tickets, gift cards to their favorite snack place (Pat n Oscars for pizza before the movie), those mind bender metal puzzles make great stocking stuffers, I usually find them at Target.

DD17 & DD14 absolutely looooove the game Apples to Apples. They are also hooked now on Mexican train dominoes. They are great games for them to play with their friends.

DD17 is 1/2 finished reading the Twilight series which a friend loaned her. I'm thinking about getting her own copy for Christmas.

I've only gotten a few things so far, for my 14 year old. An Ipod Classic that I won, shoes, a necklace, and a dvd board game. I will probably end up getting him some gc's to Walmart( he wants clothes), Mcdonald's & Wendy's ( so he can go to with his friends), possibly a movie one too. Oh & I have an Axe body set put away that I picked up on clearance too. He already has a cell phone. I would love to be able to get him a computer, but don't know if I can swing it financially this year. He also asked for jewelry & posters of his fave bands. Concert tickets, or play tickets would be a really cool gift.

We have a 17 year old exchange student from Vietnam living with us. Any gift ideas? She doesn't wear make up. She has a laptop, mp3, cell phone etc (her parents are fairly well off) I can't spend a ton, but I thought maybe something that was really "American" might be a neat keepsake. This will be her first time celebrating Christmas and even a "winter" season.

Thanks!!

Amy

We have a 17 year old exchange student from Vietnam living with us. Any gift ideas? She doesn't wear make up. She has a laptop, mp3, cell phone etc (her parents are fairly well off) I can't spend a ton, but I thought maybe something that was really "American" might be a neat keepsake. This will be her first time celebrating Christmas and even a "winter" season.

Thanks!!

Amy

Maybe a simple piece of jewelry, or make a scrapbook album ready for her to put pictures in, you could use an americana type theme. If she likes certain dishes you cook you could also make her a recipe box with the recipes in it for her to take back with her.

Maybe a simple piece of jewelry, or make a scrapbook album ready for her to put pictures in, you could use an americana type theme. If she likes certain dishes you cook you could also make her a recipe box with the recipes in it for her to take back with her.

Love the scrapbook/photo album idea!

I agree, great ideas!:yup:

Thanks I love all of these ideas. She is also just learning to cook (she has a housekeeper back home) so that is a great idea!!

I have no clue!! My picky teens are seriously driving me to loathe holiday shopping. I used to live for it. So far DD14 will get cash probably and maybe some Hollister perfume (but I doubt I can even get THAT right). Oldest D has said she just wants a fat Barnes and Noble card. IMO things like cash and GC's have no thought into them and if you are just getting people exactly what they want or face some sort of disapproval then it just takes the joy out of giving. That is why we stopped exchanging gifts w/ DH's family.

My dd17 just found out she was accepted into her first choice school. I am so excited for her. It is located in Savannah, GA and we live in Wisconsin. So, my question is ... for all of you who have sent a child off to college ... what presents should I think about giving her for christmas that will be the most useful for when she leaves.

The school has said not to bring a computer.

She is already getting a new cell phone (her contract is up)

I am really thinking about having relatives just give her gift cards, my DH hates that idea and says we have to make a list.

Any ideas?

On a side note, I will have her starting college and my littlest DS will start kindergarten! What was I thinking?!:shock: