What is on your kids holiday list?

sdigman6

The Angel tree at my husbands office is up. Woohoo! He said I could choose 4 gift recipents now and then more in two weeks. (he thinks I should let everyone else have a chance to pick names too) :D

All of tags have "Educational Books, Toys and Clothes" listed along with their gender and age. There are no specific toy suggestions.

We purchased a bunch of toys during Targets 75% off toy clearance. One of the toys is a Hannah Montana Miley and Jake doll set (similar to Barbie and Ken) I've picked up other Hannah Montana stuff too, to go with the dolls.

My question is, is Hannah Montana okay for a 5 year old girl?

I have read that some parents are giving Hannah Montana stuff to their girls, but I just wanted to double check with all the Moms on the forums.

Thank you!

DD 8

Littlest Pet Shop toys

Nintendo DS lite

DS games

Wii game

Neopets

Cheetah Girl dolls

i-dog clothing and i-penguin (already has i-dog)

Super Mario brothers figures (already has Toad, her favorite)

DS 2

Elmo

Wow Wow Wubbzy toy

Hooked on Phonics learning stick (alphabets)

Transformers

truck/car/toddler toys

I got a lot of these items already and a lot of deals from this website. I can't wait until Christmas!

The Angel tree at my husbands office is up. Woohoo! He said I could choose 4 gift recipents now and then more in two weeks. (he thinks I should let everyone else have a chance to pick names too) :D

All of tags have "Educational Books, Toys and Clothes" listed along with their gender and age. There are no specific toy suggestions.

We purchased a bunch of toys during Targets 75% off toy clearance. One of the toys is a Hannah Montana Miley and Jake doll set (similar to Barbie and Ken) I've picked up other Hannah Montana stuff too, to go with the dolls.

My question is, is Hannah Montana okay for a 5 year old girl?

I have read that some parents are giving Hannah Montana stuff to their girls, but I just wanted to double check with all the Moms on the forums.

Thank you!

My daughter is 5 and she LOVES Hannah Montana. most of what she will be getting is Hannah Montana. I also got those same dolls from the Target clearance and she will be getting those for Christmas as well.

just typed up DDs list...only 49 items which is way down as it used to basically be a toy book unto itself but GEEZ the saying about Never growing and just having toys get more expensive is true LOL I miss you 10$ fischer price playset!

Several items on list are just flat out no's. We have a dog...why do we need Biscuit the loving pup?? Torn on Pixos. She has 4 different "houses" Hannah, HSM, Bratz, and a barbie castle i think requested....so unless Santa has a new addition forthe RL house in that big bag I dont see her getting 4 large space sucking items in one year.

Craft and cooking is a major category. The Girl Gourmet things are all lsited. Anyone try the cupcake and ice cream maker things yet??

4 different moon sand sets. We play moon sand alot. We have a glassed in back porch that is DDs art studio basically LOL So it is played without there and its easy to clean up w/ a stick vacuum

My kids have told me very, very few things. I keep asking what they want especially since my mom has her Christmas Club money now and wants to buy them their stuff! They can't think of anything! There just isn't anything out yet that they don't already have. They need to come out with new toys and gadgets fast! lol

DS13

Laptop - already bought it,lol

American Eagle or Hollister clothes

(Xbox 360 for his birthday)

DD12

Laptop

DS games, Singstar games for PS2 (that she doesn't already have,lol)

DD9

Laptop

clothes

DS4

He has asked for every toy he has seen anywhere,lol

Firetrucks, garbage trucks, ambulances

(Kid Tough digital camera , BB gun, Ds games, wii games for his birthday)

just typed up DDs list...only 49 items which is way down as it used to basically be a toy book unto itself but GEEZ the saying about Never growing and just having toys get more expensive is true LOL I miss you 10$ fischer price playset!

Several items on list are just flat out no's. We have a dog...why do we need Biscuit the loving pup?? Torn on Pixos. She has 4 different "houses" Hannah, HSM, Bratz, and a barbie castle i think requested....so unless Santa has a new addition forthe RL house in that big bag I dont see her getting 4 large space sucking items in one year.

Craft and cooking is a major category. The Girl Gourmet things are all lsited. Anyone try the cupcake and ice cream maker things yet??

4 different moon sand sets. We play moon sand alot. We have a glassed in back porch that is DDs art studio basically LOL So it is played without there and its easy to clean up w/ a stick vacuum

From what I have read on the Girl gourmet (the cupcake maker) it is a good product. They say the cupcakes taste really good. My DD wants one too but I may save this idea for her BD in March unless one of the grandmas want to get it. We have an easy bake and she loves it.

DS-2 wants/is getting(of course)

Elmo Live(already bought WEEKS ago whew!):nahnah:

drum set(already got it)

Ride on John Deere tractor

Fire Truck(already got it)

Wonder Pets stuff

Cars/trucks

Mickey Mouse Club House stuff (or "hot dog" as he calls it)

crayola color wonder stuff

and much more!

My DD5 also wants Hannah Montana anything... I'm still figuring out how she learned about her since we don't have cable TV and I never told DD her about her! Anyway, HM is encouraging her to sing and write her own songs so I'm not complaining. She also wants that cupcake maker and a lot of other toy cooking things, but for the cost I may just get her real cooking items and start teaching her myself in the kitchen.

DS7, I think, is being quite reasonable in asking for board games. I've been writing their wishes on post its and other various pieces of paper so it's time to compile those lists, narrow them down and write those letters to Santa!

ok when i first asked my boys to write a list with the book that came out this is whati got . i told them 5 things. lol just to see what they would come up with.

ds9

1. ps3 ( told him no before the letter as his brother 17 has one that he plays on)

2. a real wreslter to come and wrestle in front of his dad at our house.

3. a maid for mom so she doesnt have to do everything. robot he wrote next to it . lol

4. string( im guessing so he can play with the cat cause he loves animals.

5. dark alliance for ps2 he wrote new next to it..cause he went online and found out u can buy used.cant find this game any place as its so old.

6.real lap top(got it at toys r us kid one for 228.00

7.skate ramp (got it ) small one cause he has blood disorder and he has to watch 15.00

ds 5

1. a dog not real that moves( now after reading sales im thinking he wants biscuts(not happening) have a real big dog.

2.cat that moves? have no clue

3.bakugan(got alot so far )

ds17

1.tom delong(sp) guitar need a coupon better then 10% off its 500.00

2.ipod touch ( got it after coupons and gc paid 83.00)woohoo

3.car stereo(didnt ask for it on his list but got it cause he has been asking us for his car) 99.99

4.call duty ps3(didnt ask for it but loves the other one so i got the new one this wk.)

5.he wants thermals so ill get them on turkey day at kmart he loves joe boxer.

ooo gotta go family just got in from fl woohooo .. i so missed them

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard the following items talked about as top of the list:

anything "Bakugan"

Nintendo DS

Scene-it dvd games

Lego Star Wars stuff

Hyperdash

I'm sure there's more here that I am not aware of - especially for girls. And, of course, there's always the video game systems with games. Good luck.

Not sure if your daughter's school has a school store, but my daughter wants a lot from there. They sell (in the school office area).... school hoodies, earring sets, pajama pants, t-shirts, hats etc. All with the school colors and emblems on it. Great gift ideas. I still have to go in there to get my daughter a pair of the lounge pants. They are adorable. Come in their school colors- black/gold/white and it says PERRY down the leg (her school).

My DD20 was a real tomboy at that age too. We would get her things like a purple soccer ball and soccer goals, a radio controled car (I would try to find a girlish color) inline skates (heelys might be good now) a bike or skateboard. She had her girlie moments so for those she had an easy bake oven and craft sets. What is on her list??

DD8's wish list anything that is

High School Musical

ds games

wii games

bedding set HSM(of course)

Hannah Montana

bike

mp3

Cheetah Girls CD

Littlest Pet Shop

purses

cell phone case(she has firefly mobile for when she is at her dads)

books

crayola color explosion

easy bake oven mixes

HTH :)

This is what Alexia(6) is getting this year from us/Santa and family

Laptop

Bead kits to make jewelry

Webkinz

MP3 player....DD is getting the Barbie one

Nintendo DS...well she is getting games she has it already

Martian Matter Alien Maker Playset

Little Pet Shop VIPs (like Webkinz)

Magnetix sets

Guess Who Deluxe Edition

Twister Hopscotch

Moon Sand

Gourmet Cupcake Maker

Barbie Computer Games

DreamLife Super Star Plug in TV game

EyeClops.....she got this last year and it is great

One of those Marble run tube sets that you build...she got it 2 yrs ago

I have two girls, 8 and 6. They want Barbie Cruise Ship, make-up sets, fleece lined crocs, camp rock/ high school musical stuff for their room, gift card for Claire's (earrings), Columbia fleece jackets. All fairly practical choices, much to my amazement!

My daughter is 8 and she is getting: (she is fairly girly girl so not sure how much this will help)

1) Acoustic Guitar

2) Barbies & Barbie Clothes, Etc.

3) Mp3 Player

4) Hannah Montana Bean Bag Chair

5) 1 or 2 Nintendo DS Games

6) My Meebas

7) Hannah Montana Stationary Stuff w/ Binder

8) Password Journal

9) DigiMakeover

10) Pajamas

11) Kaboodle /w Make-up & Nail Polish

Our six year-old son wants these things...

Night Vision goggles

Moon in My Room (that shows you the different moon phases)

Martian Matter

More Tinkertoys

Electronic Guess Who

Let's Go fishing game

Guitar

Anything with Pixar Cars

Magic Set

Alvin and Chipmunks Soundtrack CD

He wanted a few more things, but there are things on his list we didn't get (junk that would have been thrown aside) and some things we bought that we knew he would get more use out of.

The only thing on dd's (15) wish list was an Xbox and Rockband 2 for it. Got her the Xbox, mom got her the Rockband.

Other than her wishlist, I have gotten her:

Bath & Body Works gift set

Harajuku perfumes

iPod accessories

Movie tickets

Ugg boots

Bunch of stuff from Hot Topic

Hot Chocolate gift set

Spyro Game

Simpsons DVD

Digital photo frame key chain

I think she'll have a nice Christmas :D

DD(almost 7 - on the 22nd) wants"

Biscuit

Icarly camcorder

pink portable boombox

karaoke machine

science kit to make volcano

fairy charm kit

my little pony amusement park

clothes

diamond castle w/barbies (I can't bring myself to buy more barbies - ugh)

easy bake oven

DS4

Spike the dinosaur

Imaginext Fire House

Walle figures

Walle movie

geo trax suspension bridge and barn for the airport

thomas the train action canyon

lots of playdoh

During VBS this past summer our church family became aquainted with a group of 7 children. These kids range in age from 3 to 5. To say that they have nothing would be accurate. We went on a huge clothing/food drive while VBS was going on and managed to have a van load to distribute to them at the end of the week.

We have stayed in touch with the families and plan on having a Christmas social with them on Dec 14th. We are buying all of them coats, and have about $400 to spend on toys for these kids. What we hope to get are things that will encourage independent play relying on them using their imaginations.

My son is 15 so it's been a while since I had to buy for this age group...lol. I would appreciate any ideas that you could give me. Thanks!!!!