BB credit card

lot-narth

I just cancelled my credit card from them an hour ago. The contact services people are very rude and it isn't American based. I sent in the payment as soon as I got the bill (3 weeks in advance of due date) but the mail must have lost it or something because they didn't get it a charged a late fee. I called, because I have my account records and payment slips from my check book and they still wouldn't do anything. As the mail is not my fault, and after their rather rude disposition, I cancelled my card with them.

It is also one of the only store credit card that doesn't give incentives (like jcpenny's, khol's and sears do). So no loss there.

I think they have a regular credit card and a reward zone credit card plus their reward zone card for people that don't have their credit card. Probably their reward zone credit card has more ways to earn certificates than just the rewards zone card.

They do give incentives like - no payments for a certain amount of time.

I can't think of any companies customer service # that I have called in a while that was American based, it's not just Best Buy.

As much as it's not your fault that they haven't gotten your payment, it's even less their fault. I don't think any other company that you called would have gotten a different response, they may not have been rude about it but they wouldn't have been able to do anything. unless you had mailed it certified or paid your bill in a store and had a receipt.

I have the rewards zone credit card. I get perks all the time. They funding source on the credit card is HSBC, that being said, they are outsourced, as are most credit card companies now days

HSBC is a very stable bank. I have a rupee account with them.

http://www.hsbc.co.in/1/2/personal/nri-services/usa

http://www.hsbc.co.in/1/2/personal/nri-services

Most of my credit cards are not out-sourced, if I knew I wouldn't get a person who spoke english I would not take that card. In any of the circumstances I've had with other cards, from national city, citicards, ge, etc. they have always been nice and would have refunded the late fee (because that can really reflect on credit reports). As I have a perfect score, I don't like to deal with a company that could lower it by not fault of my own. Thus I ended all affiliation with a company like that.

I have the BB CC and the thing I regret the most is that there's no In Store payment, that would make things much MUCH easier, the mail has lost 2 of my payments also.

Yes, this is the main problem - with sears, penny's, khol's. etc, you can just go in to pay and that would eliminate this problem. Mail is too risky.

Funny this topic should come up. I was 6 days late on a minimum balance of $18, first time ever and I have the card for 18 months. Big chunk of the balance was on a 0% finance, balance being about $500. When I was going through my checking acct I realized I hadn't paid the BB card and jumped right on it. However when checking my statement I notice they had not only charged me the late charge, but bumped my interest to 30%! I was not at all loud, rude or demanding (probably because I was stunned) and asked them about it. They informed because I was late they change the interest rate. I had no problem paying the late charge...after all I was late. They were nice enough to offer to reinstate a 14.99 interest after 6 months......explained to them that there was no way I was paying a 30% rate for one day never mind 6 months. Shopping at Best Buy is always a chore as the service in the store is nonexistent. I went up to purchase a new computer...cost was going to run me about $1400......I could not get anyone to wait on us. After 20 minutes I went home and ordered from Dell online. The % back deal was the only lifeline Best Buy had left........but now they are done. They do not sell anything I cannot get anywhere else for the same price....(except maybe on Black Friday, LOL). The way I look at it is, it's there lost ;)

Online payments is the best choice. You may also set it up to make automatic payments; that's what I am using for my TV 0% until 2010.

I gave up on reaching customer services now days, most are outsourced and they have to 'stick' with a book of rules. Online services as much as possible :)

Well i count no interest for 36 months as an "offer" with the card. Same as Lowe's and Home Depot do, that is the entire point of having the store cards, is when you make a large interest you can go interest free for 12-36 months.

You type this post up on a Dell? I hope not cause that would break your no outsourcing creed.

• 2 weeks later...
I do agree about the customer service, my wife and I were standing looking at 50" televisions and not one person asked if we need help or have any questions. You really have to go into that store knowing what you want. My wife hates going in there, and unless they have some block buster special on BF such as a 42 inch 1080 for under 500 bucks I'm not going.But...if they do have that.....well I guess I'll be the third guy in line.;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...