Do you have a color scheme/theme for your Christmas tree?

mam627

I have a color scheme for mine. Mine will be burgundy and gold with hints of cream and mauve with clear lights. We buy a new family ornament every year but I do not coordinate those and I am OK with that, lol. :D I want to decorate in different colors next year but it will depend if I can get all the ornaments, ribbon, etc I need at a greatly reduced price after Christmas. ;) Okay, Who's next! :tongue1:

well growing up and living with my parents no, it was just mix and match homemade ornaments, colored lights, garland and whatever else they threw on. However last year being in my own house for christmas we did blue decorations with a white tree and white lights. this year same tree but red decorations

I haven't fully decided what to do with my Christmas trees this year. One will be decorated with Grateful Dead ornaments because I finally have enough of them this year to complete a tree. The other tree will probably be decorated with Hallmark and/or Carlton Card ornaments because I have so many of them. I don't know if I'm going to try to do a specific theme with that tree or not yet.

I have a friend who did a candy theme on her tree, she used plastic suckers, canes, gum drops for garland etc etc.

She then added in some REAL candy to the tree , when it came time to take it down she was able to get the kids help by letting them eat some of what was on the tree!

I have a candy/gingerbread themed tree with white lights...but covered with the plastic ball light covers in all colors( like the ones at disneyland). My tree is 12 ft tall, I add flocked branches to it, and yards and yards of bubblegum pink tulle and ribbons through out it, before the 200 ornaments. I have 2ft tall old fashioned lollipops wired into it, along with all of the fruit slices, cookies, candy, gingerbread people, candy cane ornaments, and gumdrop and starlight mints garlands. I have the Sugar and spice village pieces that look so cute under it!!

I broke out of my VERY traditional red/green/gold decor !!!

we have loads of trees..haha

dd room pink and lime green ballerinas

ds room green and yellow john deer

bathroom(dh thinks im crazy) blue and silver

living room(all my kiddo's ornaments and I have a train and small toys underneath)

finally MY tree lol dining room(our only live tree) lime black white and silver

Edited by msdarkness

Always a theme...last year was red/white/green....for several years before that we did a candy themed tree mostly red/white...very cute! our first tree together 10 years ago was red/gold and it is my hubby's fave tree of all time...to celebrate our 10th Christmas together this year I am going back to the red/gold theme...he is so happy! I would love to have a "traditional" tree one day with colored lights and a hodge-podge of ornaments. I would also love to do a complete santa/snowman tree one year. I love Christmas!!:holiday07

We have several themes and colors.

Main tree is mostly one of a kind ornaments, and dated ones dating back to 1981.

Alcove tree is red and white

Bathroom is snowman

DD room is Pink and white Dance

Ds is football

DS is soccer

My room is Santa

and the family room is stuff christmas animals kind of a rustic theme and rudolph as this is my Rudolph room gotta love Rudolph

My FR tree I bought new ornaments for this year. They are aqua, orange, plum, green and blue. I have always had a traditional tree with ornaments from the 70's so I will see if I can do it.

I started doing a tree in the LR a few years ago and use turquoise, blue and a little silver with clear icicles.

Did a small DR last year with orange and turquoise but not doing that this year will just dress the chandler.

Did do a small silver tree for the bathroom in purple last year, don't know if I am going to do it or not.

My 3 girls each have a small tree and they do theirs how they like, if they do it at all.

Our tree is green, lights are multi-color and we have a hodge-podge of ornaments. It's how our tree was growing up, and it's how I like to keep it. I even had to basically pay extra to get a tree with no lights, just to put on regular flashing lights (not the kind that twinkle, or chase, but just have two or three sections that flash separately per strand). I'll put the old worn-out ornaments I got about 15 years or so ago next to the nice shiny expensive ones, there's no "hide the crappy ornaments in the back" on our tree!

I do like how some of the themed trees look, but it just wouldn't look right to me in our house. It'd look too "perfect", if that makes sense. I like the look of a tree that's a little more personable. Only thing I'd change about our tree would be the cats you can constantly find climbing it.

I have done many different trees over the years but my favorite is the all glass ornament tree. I have hundreds of ornaments and they are so beautiful and colorful. I use white lights on that tree and maybe will add some bubble lights this year. I do a snowman theme in the foyer, a patriotic white tree in the office and an all Hallmark tree on the loft. That is where Santa leaves the presents too. I have little trees with minature ornaments that I sit around and one little tree with glass ornaments in the main bathroom. I could do a bunch more, but I am to the point, that I hate putting it all away, anymore. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am sooo excited about our trees this year! I cleaned house at Target's after season sale and picked up beaucoup decorations in brilliant shades of orange, lime, red, blues, pink (I think), sparkley metallic multi-color garland to match and lots and LOTs of colored lights. Seriously, I think I picked up 15 sets of 100ct lights + 7 sets of twinkle 100ct lights. And a few strands of bubble lights! I just have to watch the sales at Garden Ridge to pick up a new tree to go with it. (there's a particular tree I love and I'm willing to strip the pre-wired lights and put up my own!!)

That tree is going to be ON FIRE. Four alarm and glorious. :g_dance:

We also do a family tree with a sea of white lights (over 2,000 of constant on and twinkle lights) and silver ornaments/garland. Then we fill it out with all the ornaments we collected over the years. I'm not much of a white light fan but this one with tons of light and flashing silver all over the place is really beautiful. :)

What else....we have a 4' tree in the dining room that's white and red lights with red, bronze and gold ornaments and filled with golden branches. And a pink tinsel tree with pink lights that sits on the alcove above the front door. I think that'll go in the master bath this year.

I always really start out with the best of intentions, meaning, I really do plan to fully coordinate and have a visible theme going on, and the tree does really start out that way.

But then I see the ornaments we've had since I was a little girl and I get nostalgic and remember how much I loved this one or that one and I think, "Well I'll just put this one up there, it's so cute and it kinda matches", and from there it's all downhill.

I usually end up putting most of my favorite non-matching ornaments on the tree anyway. Last year the theme, if you can call it that, was super glittery and looked amazing with the house dark and just the christmas tree lights on.

I found tons of ornaments that weren't horribly cheesy at Dollar Tree, which I love, like these pink glittery reindeer and since pink is my favorite color those were all over the place.

Today we went through the garage and I got a glimpse of the ornaments and I can tell it's gonna be another year of good intentions gone by the wayside. I can't wait!

no theme, multi color lights and just all of the ornaments my wife and I have collected since we met 6 years ago. Working on moving to a bigger house, at that time well also have another themed tree in addition to the current one. Plus my dd(3) want a pink tree in her room so we'll probably be adding that to the colelction this year.

No theme here- every year since I was born and same for the kids- my parents and grandparents bought us a Hallmark ornament that went with what interested us at the time. So my tree is filled with all of our memories, including ninja turtles, princesses, Marilyn Monroe, stars and moons, cartoon characters...its a hodge podge for sure. But I usually use white lights instead of colored so it looks classic and then I drape ribbon from under the angel and it seems to tie it together a bit.