Do you have a color scheme/theme for your Christmas tree?

mam627

I have a tree with white lights, with gold and burgundy bead garland. Ornamants are dark green, dark red, and gold. I have some snowflakes that are glass, brass bells etc. I have a few snowmen and santa's but they aren't cartoonish and have to fit the theme. My new tradition is collecting the Swarovski Annual Crystal Snowflakes!! They are SOOOO beautiful when the twinkle lights shine through them!

We have a very traditional tree. Mostly red and green ornaments with "family" ornaments throughout. My tree has the option of either white lights or multi-colored lights. I usually turn both on, but in the evening I turn the white off so it's not so bright. I also add two strands of colored lights that have a twinkling effect. I used to use garland, but DH's family always used tinsel and he convinced me to try it one year and I love it!! My tree-topper is a Santa Claus. Our basement is decorated in a western motif, so on that tree I've got burnished metal ornaments with checkered material as garland. Can't wait to get them out!!!

Stacy

Our tree is filled with homemade ornaments and cute ornaments that we have purchased.

I have a mini lei on the tree from when we lived in Hawaii. A daffodil, because they are my Grandmas favorite flower. A fish I made from facial tissue and "tie dyed" with markers when I was 9 and we lived in Alabama. (22years ago) A construction paper angel that I made in 1st grade.

It is truly amazing the history on our tree. Each time we pull out an ornament we always comment about where the ornament came from, how old it is and how amazing it is that it lasted soo long. (especially the tissue fish:D)

My mom's favorite color is purple. Last year my wife and I got my mom a new tree since she needed one and bought her all new decorations. We got a ton of purple and silver decorations for the tree too. Mom has some nice clear glass ornaments with white or gold on them and we used some of them in the tree too when we decorated it for her. The lights on the tree are all white and can be set to do like 10 different things. Mom was really happy with how it looked and I must say even though I'm a "manly man" lol - I also enjoyed the purple theme.

I did have color themes previous years....it was usually burgundy, gold and silver as well. Unfortunately all of my tree trimmings were damaged in my house fire this past Spring and since my house has been redecorated as well due to the fire, I get to buy all new things this year. Kind of looking forward to redoing the tree, just not sure what Im going to do yet. However, I always do the fancy type of tree with white lights, ribbons and whatever color ornaments that I find that I like.

Mine doesn't have a theme, it's a bunch of ornaments that my kids made growing up, ornaments I have made through the years, and other various ornaments we have collected and received as gifts (school, tv characters, sports, ect.). It reflects the personalities of our family. :)

I decorate 2 trees.

Main tree is traditional with all the handmade ornaments

2nd tree is done with an Italian theme - red, white, green with grapes and wine, etc. Gotta love Bronner's in MI - that store is what helped me dream up the idea of an Italian theme tree especially for my 100% Italian husband.

My boys each have a ceramic tree table-top tree for their bedrooms that their grandma painted.

Mine is definately a hodge podge tree.. Full of homemade ornaments, and ornaments that have special meaning to me. I started buying my son a hallmark ornament series ornament the year that he was born... as he got older the collection grew to include other ornaments of things that he was interested in at the time. Those are the ornaments he will take with him when he moves out, and hopefully save to share with his future (way in the future) children...

I've lost a lot of family members in the last few years.. and as we have gone through their items I've always saved a few of their ornaments to put on my own tree... just a special tribute to help me through the holidays.

Main tree is done in the ornaments the kids made,ornaments from all the places we have lived( military family) and ornaments we have recieved as gifts. The only thing I do to change the look each year is to change the bows and tree skirt. Last year they were red and green plaid this year they will be gold. We also put up a white tree in the dining room, last year it was done in all gingerbread and candy canes, this year Im doing a candy land theme. The boys have table top tree's in their rooms with whatever mini ornaments they pick out.

Ours used to be a big full tree with literrally thousands of lights. The ornaments were a variety of oranaments from my tree when I was a child, my husbands from when he was a child and ornments us and our children have accumilated over the years. We had strands of silver bells that we put around the tree, and always a large beautiful angel on top. When we moved here our tree was confiscated by customs (thankfully not our ornaments). I was so upset I told my husband I was going to cut down one of their precious palm trees(which is a huge no no here) and use that since they took my tree. Well as a joke, he ordered a beautiful fake palm that had lights all the way down the branches. Well, me being who I am...I went with it and made him put it up for Christmas and we decorated it. Now we cover it with cute tropical ornaments, most from Hawaii. We still put our beautiful angel on top.

My family and I use white lights and red and gold ornaments. However, I have the ornaments that we bought then on their 1st Christmas', all the ones they have made since kindergarten and we buy a new one to add each year. We have a Fiber optic angel on top wearing a flowing golden gown. Not really a theme per say, just our own thing.

Before we remodeled the kitchen, I used to put up a tree in there. I had old world Santa's, red hand made candles draped over branches, champaign colored balls, gold jingle bells and white lights. Instead of tinsel, I draped rafia over the branches. Topped it off with an old world Santa on top. It was the coolest tree.

We put up 3 trees:

Formal Tree - is in my parent's formal sitting room and has all the presents under it and its a fake tree that was in the house when my parents bought it (in the 80s) and it has all the special ornaments and the fragile ones

Charlie Brown Tree - is in the living room and is a real tree that is only about 4.5feet tall and holds all the homemade ornaments or the non-breakable ones

Tractor Tree - this is my dad's own personal tree (he's a farmer) that he decorates every year. Its in the regular sitting room and is only about 3 feet tall. It holds all his Case (red tractors) ornaments and tractor lights.

I have done many different themes through the years ... Victorian, Santas, Lodge, Cookie Cutters, but finally realized such an "organized" tree just isn't "ME!" Now I have a tree with multicolor lights (and I don't care if there are two blue ones next to eachother) and the good ol' fashioned shiny glass ornaments that I remember from my childhood. My eyes found the themed trees beautiful... but my heart loves a plain ol' Christmas tree. :)