Moving Boxes

tlklcox

Anyone have any suggestions on where to look for used and/or new moving boxes free or cheap. We live in the middle of nowhere so I'm not sure how lucky I'll be with Craig's List but will definitely keep my eye out there.

Figured I'd ask all of my resourceful gottadealers!

I have a basement full you could pick up :tongue1:

We tried to sell the house last year and with the market it didn't go.

During the time it was listed I saved boxes from work.

If you have a Walmart near you...call a CSM and ask them to save you boxes. They will break them down, then you just have to pick them up.

be careful about where you pick up your used boxes from - they (cardboard) normally are a haven for bugs. yucko.

Our Uhaul place sells used boxes - you could make a few phone calls.

I found that it was actually cheaper for me to buy storage bins than moving boxes. If you have a Target buy you, now is the time to pick them up really cheap as their College 08 collection is being clearanced out. What didn't get unpack got stored in the attic in a water tight and non bug friendly container.

I am a real estate agent and I have heard that if you contact a moving company you can get the boxes they have already used for free or very little. When a mover is hired they cannot reuse boxes. A moving company that does corporate moves often packs and unpacks the client leaving them with a bunch of leftover once used boxes

I am a real estate agent and I have heard that if you contact a moving company you can get the boxes they have already used for free or very little. When a mover is hired they cannot reuse boxes. A moving company that does corporate moves often packs and unpacks the client leaving them with a bunch of leftover once used boxes

Or your moving company gives you roughly 8 million boxes when you only needed 20....

I have a million brand new boxes in my living room and dining room.

• 2 weeks later...