How is your job handled on Black Friday???

angelbabymommy

YES!! When I worked retail as a second job for the holidays, I also hated going in after coming from shopping and getting up super early...

I know what you mean. I work full time at a Real Estate company, but work nights at Best Buy. I hate not being able to stand in line. We are not supposed to get door deals, and are told that if we can get there to wait in line, we could be able to work that morning. So I hit a couple stores before I have to be into work at 8:30a and try not to fall asleep at my desk, before cleaning up what happened that morning at night at Best Buy. Long Day, but so worth it!:rolleyes:

I used to work at Wal-Mart while in college so it was never fun working Black Friday.. I worked in the grocery side but they scheduled all of us to work just because the influx of customers would also buy their groceries while they were there. I must say it was funny and sad in the breakroom prior to 5am when people would be scared of the people who would camp out and try to break into the doorbuster pallets in the main aisleways before the offical sale time.

Now that I'm a schill for corporate america however, BF is a paid day off thankfully :) My company also has a mandatory shutdown to retool and repair the production lines the week after Christmas so that's always nice too :)

I'm a SAHM, so I never get a day off! Holidays I get to work twice as hard. DH's work is off for T-Day, but has to work Friday and Saturday mornings. Soooo, I either convince Mom to spend the night on Thanksgiving, wait till the afternoon when DH is home, or take 3 kids out shopping - YIKES! Mom will stay, right? Good thing I have a Christmas stash started already.

I'm depressed. Been BF shopping every year since 2001. This year I will be working. Have to be to work at 6 am so hitting the sales before work isn't an option since even the 5am stores are 45 minutes to 1 hour from my work. The good thing is that there isn't much that I have seen so far that I need so that is helping somewhat. Still it just seems hard to get into the Christmas spirit without BF being there. Please could someone tell me when Cyber Monday is? Maybe I could get some of those deals. I will have to look out for the threads on this event.

I work a part time job and I only work 2-3 days a week. We have a calendar in the break room where we write our names on days we need/want off. Luckily, we have enough employees that we usually get our requested days off. I put my name on black Friday a couple months ago, and I got it off. I am really happy because my boss also gave me the day before Thanksgiving off too. I was surprised. I thought for sure I would get scheduled for Wednesday since I wanted Friday off. The only days I work that week are Monday and Tuesday, which is perfect because my 3 school age kids will be in school those days anyway. So, I have off almost everyday they will be off for school that week and weekend. I am very happy.

I really thought I was going to be scheduled to work on Thanksgiving night but we got our schedules and I'm OFF Wednesday AND Thursday night!! That means I can have Thanksgiving dinner in peace without rushing off to work and I can go out shopping early on Black Friday morning! :gd_orange:gd_orange Even though I have to work Friday night, I don't have to be in until 6:45 pm so that still gives me plenty of time to shop and take a nap before work. I think winning the t-shirt brought me good luck! ;)

I still have to work on Christmas Eve, but it would have be twice as miserable if I had to work Thanksgiving/BF too. :eyepoppin

I'm so happy, I just had to share!

Thanks! :D

No, I'm a registered nurse and I work night shift, 12 hours 7p-7a. I already knew I had to work Christmas Eve into Christmas morning, but I was stressing about Thanksgiving because the holiday is technically the night before into Thanksgiving morning (for night shift).

yay for you! my husband works third shift well he got very unlucky . he works 6 pm -6 am so hes working the night before thanksgiving , night of thanksgiving, he has training on BF. The he will be working christmas eve and christmas day , at least i get to see him Christmas morning. He is always asleep anymore because of his work schedule. :(

• 2 weeks later...