Sears GRRRRRRR

jdrd90

I have to vent! I went to Sears today to buy my dd10 a pair of jeans. I found a few extra items as well, of course lol. Anyway, long story , short......There were tops on one wall that said B1G1 free, on the other wall the tops were the rayon type shirt, at 40% off, also on this wall were canyon river blues tops B1G1. On the first wall I picked up two shirts and two of the crb shirts. The crb rang up correct, but one of the other tops rang up at 40% off. This top and 5 others just like it were all hanging on the B1G1 free wall, the other top from this wall rang up correct. I questioned them about it, the cashier was clueless, so I asked for a manager. The manager I believe, was just a department manager was very rude. She said (as she marched over to the tops pointing her finger) "if you could read you would see it says B1G1 for Personal Identity tops." This top is a Self- Esteem top and the only type of that brand on the wall. I politely told her I could read quite well thank you and did not appreciate her attitude. I asked to speak to the store manager. Her comes "a manager" not "the manager". Again she says I told her if she could read she would see what it says..blah blah blah. I looked him in the eye and said, before you say a word, please know that I can read. I told him I wanted the shirt for the B1G1 price (which would come to about $12 a shirt) He argued with me saying they were not part of the deal, just hung there because of floor space. Pffffffffffffff not my problem, why hang 5 shirts there???? I said, so you are going to argue with me and lose a customer over $12??? He said, well.....If you would read..... I freaked!!!!!! I said stop right there, I probably have more education than both of you put together, I can read ( I know, probably should not have said that). He got furious then, threw his hands in the air and said " I am done with you!" LOL good grief. He said since you have so much more education than I do. LOL I had to laugh, I said are you serious? You are walking away over a $12 shirt???? So, I did not purchase anything and got the managers name to call tomorrow. I just purchased a $800 dishwasher there on the 17th. Guess they do not want my $12 or my future business. I shouldn't ask this because everyone has a different opinion, but am I wrong???

My local Sears is terrible about this sort of thing. They do this even when the name is exactly the same and then say it is just for certain styles. I have walked out of there so many and left everything on the counter. Good luck talking to a manager since I have never gotten much satisfaction out of them either.

I don't think you were wrong at all. I have had the same problem at other stores where I picked up an item that had a sign above it saying a certain price, and it rang up different. I do the same as you and take the cashier and show them the sign. Usually they change the price for the customer if it's like that. I would have been furious if they acted like that to me!

They really need to organize things better and not put clothes that aren't part of the sale by the ones that are on sale.

Wow...I would've freaked out too...I hate it when people are so ignorant!!! Especially when it's THEIR mistake! It's so annoying to shop anymore there...you have to check every single detail on their signs to make sure you are getting the deal you want to get. I don't think you overreacted at all, BOTH of those managers were totally out of line with you...i'm just sorry you had to experience that treatment.

:eyepoppin:eyepoppin:eyepoppin

I would not shop there. I don't like Sears either. They always give me a hassle about my Land's End items that are supposed to be returnable to Sears. I once had to call Lands End from my cell phone and have them talk to the cashier.

don't get me started on sears. i am SO sick of them having EVERYTHING on sale then in teeny tiny print it says what it excludes, mainly lands end mechandise. they need to look up the definition of everything!! i have even had lands end items on the extra %off rack with other items or sometimes only lands end items on the rack and they try to tell me the lands end stuff is not included. i have walked away several times. my husband does love the tools and we have gotten some very good deals over the years on those.:)

My dad went to our Sears store yeasterday because he had received a coupon for 10% off of all closeout lawn mowers. So he finds one he wants and gives them the coupon and is told he can't use it because it is already marked down. So he explained it was for marked down mowers. She told him no but he could call the owner if he wants (small locally owned Sears store) He asked her, can't you call him? She said no and gave him the guys number (who happens to be my dad's neighbor) So dad calls him and he tells him that mower is not a closeout. But the salesperson said it was. In the end, they would not give it to him, so he's going to buy it at Lowes and he told them so. They didn't care. So not only did they miss out on selling him a mower, but I was going to buy a washer there this week (mine decided to quit working Saturday) but now I will go elsewhere. This was not smart because this is a small town where word spreads fast. And the store is small so you would think they wouldn't want to lose ANY customers let alone 2 over 1 deal.

I must be blessed...the Sears I deal with in KC is the opposite. They bend over backwards to make a sale. I've never been turned down for a deal...and they honor their sale prices. I thought Sears bought out Kmart??!! Either way...I've never had problems with them.

I have to vent! I went to Sears today to buy my dd10 a pair of jeans. I found a few extra items as well, of course lol. Anyway, long story , short......There were tops on one wall that said B1G1 free, on the other wall the tops were the rayon type shirt, at 40% off, also on this wall were canyon river blues tops B1G1. On the first wall I picked up two shirts and two of the crb shirts. The crb rang up correct, but one of the other tops rang up at 40% off. This top and 5 others just like it were all hanging on the B1G1 free wall, the other top from this wall rang up correct. I questioned them about it, the cashier was clueless, so I asked for a manager. The manager I believe, was just a department manager was very rude. She said (as she marched over to the tops pointing her finger) "if you could read you would see it says B1G1 for Personal Identity tops." This top is a Self- Esteem top and the only type of that brand on the wall. I politely told her I could read quite well thank you and did not appreciate her attitude. I asked to speak to the store manager. Her comes "a manager" not "the manager". Again she says I told her if she could read she would see what it says..blah blah blah. I looked him in the eye and said, before you say a word, please know that I can read. I told him I wanted the shirt for the B1G1 price (which would come to about $12 a shirt) He argued with me saying they were not part of the deal, just hung there because of floor space. Pffffffffffffff not my problem, why hang 5 shirts there???? I said, so you are going to argue with me and lose a customer over $12??? He said, well.....If you would read..... I freaked!!!!!! I said stop right there, I probably have more education than both of you put together, I can read ( I know, probably should not have said that). He got furious then, threw his hands in the air and said " I am done with you!" LOL good grief. He said since you have so much more education than I do. LOL I had to laugh, I said are you serious? You are walking away over a $12 shirt???? So, I did not purchase anything and got the managers name to call tomorrow. I just purchased a $800 dishwasher there on the 17th. Guess they do not want my $12 or my future business. I shouldn't ask this because everyone has a different opinion, but am I wrong???

So did you call the manager?

I worked for sears in college. I would get a manager and remind them that they were sued before for bait and switch. IT is federal law that if a item has a sale sign next to it or above it they have to give it to you for thatprice. Trust be if we ever did what those emplyees are doing we would of been let go then and there we were warned

Had something similar happen to me at Halloween .. Well more my hubby did He knows how much I love Halloween and it was like a week before or something like that and we were walking through sears to get to the mall and he spots a bogo on Halloween shirt he say pick out 4 u want hun and I will get them for you... well I very carefully make sure to get the bogo ones and not the 25% off that is in between them... well don't u know it ... one of them rings up for 25% off ... big to do with all that and worst of all some of y friends show up at the mall at that second as hubby is explaining the situation to the manager.... ended up getting them all bogo but omg was it sooo not worth the trouble.

Sorry to bump this up again. I have had some family problems and I have not been able to post.

Anyway, I talked to the manager, and he apologized. He said that the employees were wrong in the way they acted. He offered me the shirt for B1G1 free, but I said no thanks. Sears has done this too many times and I really feel like he was just trying to make me go away lol. Yes, I got what I wanted (an apology and the deal offer). But after having almost a week to think about it, I figure I will just spend my money where I am appreciated. I work too hard for my money, like most people. Why shouldn't sears?