Sea World/Aquatica?

kren

Sorry if this is in the wrong area, but I'm trying to suss out deals for Sea World (FL) and Aquatica (their new waterpark/opens March 1).

For Sea World only, the best I've been able to find is $49 for kids and $57 for adults (each at a different Web site).

Sea World online has a $80 special for the two parks that's unlimited admission for two weeks. I'm going the first week of March.

I think the $80 deal is pretty good; but I'm wondering whether any Orlando residents might have seen any better offers as Sea World tries to ramp up excitement for Aquatica. I have family down there who could definitely take advantage of any brick-and-mortar offer. The $80 special deal has to be done online a week in advance, which means I'd be locked in before we get there and wouldn't be able to take advantage of anything better.

Oh, and although I grew up in Florida and know the area pretty well, I'm always appreciative of any new tips and tricks about events or attractions that weren't around 20 years ago!

Thanks to all Floridians!

When we went to Seaworld San Diego last year, I looked on Ebay and lots of people had special codes to get discount tickets (i.e. the corporations they work for get discounts) and I paid maybe 5 bucks to get the code and then got my tickets for super cheap online using the code they provided me- I think I got ours for 40% off? Had to buy 4 adult tickets (I think kids tickets are only for 9 and under or something like that so my son and nephew had to have adult tix)- I think I saved close to $100

I am also looking but for SeaWorld San Antonio. We are doing the sleepover which offers GREAT discounts for DAILY tickets but we want passports. Does anyone know if you can upgrade a daily ticket to a passport when you get there? How much do they charge. *example our daily ticket discount is only $24.xx for kids $32.xx for adults!!* We need 2 adults and 3 kids

Any passport discounts EVER?

Thanks and didn't mean to hijack this thread but didn't want to start another seaworld thread either!

Mom2monkies- we just moved from San Antonio and always had Seaworld passes. You can updgrade oncew you're there but with the price you paid it wil cost a bit more to. Normally the one day ticket was like $46 and you could get a season pass for like $52 so it was a nominal difference. Never seen any other discounts for there through. YOu can find some for Six Flags in SA pretty regular.

Conj, we only were planning to go to Sea World one day and the waterpark on a second day (if we decide to go that route at all). But my mom lives only an hour away; the concept of unlimited admission started sounding pretty good when we thought about it -- you know, mosey on over for an afternoon and not feel like we're on the Bataan Tourist Death March, having to fit everything in or else.

Rachaelb, thanks for the eBay tip -- I will check it out!

And I don't think a passport is for us, since we won't be back in Florida this year.... am I right?

OK, has anybody heard of www.discountthemeparkvacations.com?

They have a "buy two one-day passes to seaworld, get two passes free" deal for $57 for each ticket. That would be $104 for four tix to Sea World ... pretty much unbeatable. They have nothing showing online about Aquatica, though. If anyone can vouch for their credibility, I will take the time to call them and see what else they offer.

I would like to know about all of this as well, we are headed to Seaworld Orlando in June!

(5 tl- 3 adult, 2 kid tickets..) I heard if you buy 1 day, the 2nd day is free- is that right?

(does that include aquatica?)

THANKS! Wendy

With discountthemeparkvacations.com you will have to do a time share presentation. ( And those folks act like they don't understand the meaning of NO) Have any of you heard of mousesaver.com they are pretty good site that sends you a monthly email on or about the middle of the month with information including discount on hotel and tickets of all the orlando attractions as well as Disneyland in california.

I am a Florida resident and go to Seaworld regularly. I just don't think that there is enough to do there for more than a couple of days. I would do the one day tickets and you can get the second day free. I'm not sure but isn't the water park a whole seperate admission like it is in Disney? I have not heard of any Florida specials for Seaworld and especially the new water park.

My friend did that whole "pay for a day, come back all year" annual pass (it's like $70) and I think I remember her saying she gets into Aquatica for free on that pass. I know she deffinately gets a sneak peak into it this week sometime. I might be worth calling and asking about.

I have an annual pass and Aquatica is not included.. they sent me something in the mail to add like 50 bucks to upgrade it to include Aquatica, but I'm not going to do it... Since we live in Fl we get a different pass each year to a different park... thinking we may go back to Cypress Gardens this year ... my kids liked that the best (they're younger though)