Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

the dvd players disappeared all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago...there was a bunch (15-20) marked 30% off and I was waiting for 50% but that never seemed to happen.

I went today and heard someone over one of the radios saying "we found another mp3 player back here if anyone wants it" so the employees have obviously been getting those before we could.

I was happy to find those Disney puzzles that were mentioned on here. I would have never given it a second look since it was with all the other puzzles, no red sticker, and a price of $32.99 under it. Scanned INF so grabbed 2 (left 2) and cashier asked me if I knew what the price was. Told her that a friend paid $3.29 at another Target and that someone did pay $7.48 but I was hoping for the $3.29. She called someone and they said ok!

Has anyone seen this for less than $19.98 (orig. 39.99)? I saw this at the store when there were mark down team members around and didn't think to ask them to scan. Now I think back that many bedding items were 75% off or more so perhaps they forgot to mark this down further too?

http://www.target.com/Isaac-Mizrahi-Target-Dot-Sheet/dp/B000JJNDQA/sr=1-1/qid=1204051607/ref=sr_1_1/601-7717616-2936925?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Aisaac%20mizrahi%20green&page=1

Thanks so much!

Isaw them at 14.98 Twin size. They still had them at mine when I went this afternoon. I can pick it up if you want them.

Isaw them at 14.98 Twin size. They still had them at mine when I went this afternoon. I can pick it up if you want them.

They were still half price at our store. However, they were out of all the twin size already. Same at another store. I was able to get a few when they first went half price last week.

Went looking for the dvd player and found this instead - Smith & Hawken® 33" Copper Fire Bowl

$22.00 regular price $89.00:D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21GP4Z1QXDL._AA160_.jpg

I saw these today as well but they were $4x.xx. Maybe I should scan it and see if it comes up cheaper.

Went looking for the dvd player and found this instead - Smith & Hawken® 33" Copper Fire Bowl

$22.00 regular price $89.00:D

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21GP4Z1QXDL._AA160_.jpg

I got one of these today as well for my mom. They had 2 at the Gravios Bluffs store. They also had 2 other of a different kind of fire bowl type for $19.xx

Got a ton of GB stuff on Friday when it went 75% off. It was the only day that week that I couldn't go until after work, so I was a little disappointed (they still had the leather wingback chair inthe morning for $75-$10 coupon...gone when I got there).

I have this high narrow ledge in the basement that I could never figure out what to do with. Well, 7 Target's later (yup, 7 Target's on Friday night) I picked up the Sunburst mirror ($22.50) and lots of centerpiece type things (figurals, candle holders etc) that were tall, narrow, and went with the colorscheme in the basement) and packed it full. Looks pretty cool. Spent $150 on 19 different items. Also got 2 mercury glass lamps for $17.49 each and 2 mercury glass vases for about $7/each (wife loves mercury glass and decorating 2 rooms with the stuff). So, about $200 (retail $800).

Gotta love Target seasonal clearences!

What a great deal! I LOVE that sunburst mirror....ours were long gone.:mad:

Does anyone know when the $1 section Easter stuff went 50% last year? Was it days or week before Easter? And do you think the other $1 items (Cars stuff) will get marked down at the same time? I know sometimes they clearance only portions of that section.

I went into Target for some quick lunch-time perusing and I found one of the white toy organizers with bins for 14.XX. It was mixed in with the newer style organizers without any clearance stickers but thanks to GD I knew what to look for. When the cashier rang me up I asked her if this was a return and she said that it had probably been found in the back as they are resetting.

I also have my eye on the Gillette Mach 3 shaving cartridges. They are 30% off now but they still have a ton.

I'm sure this has been discussed before but here is a just a plug for getting a Target Visa if you have been considering it. I have had mine for about 6 years now and LOVE it! It is extremely easy to rack up enough points to earn the 10% off coupon each month (non-Target purchases count too), and even if you don't, all you have to do is occasionaly put one big purchase on the card to get plenty of points as they just roll over to the next month if unused. Then I take my monthly 10% off card and make a huge list of all the toiletries, food goods, diapers, etc that we need, and do it all on one day. I leave my clearance browsing for other random days when I have the kids and can't shop in such an organized manner. I also use a ton of coupons on my 10% off days which helps even more. It is amazing to see what comes off at the end. Basically, if you get the 10% card every month and maximize your shopping day with it, it's like getting a giant free shopping trip every 10th month. :) They send me all kinds of coupons, including ones for $10 off almost anything several times per year. Also, if you have the card and use it to fill Target pharmacy prescriptions, you get another 10% off card when you reach every 10th Rx. So occasionally I'll have two 10% cards in one month that I can use on different days. It has totally been worth it for us!

I'm sure this has been discussed before but here is a just a plug for getting a Target Visa if you have been considering it. I have had mine for about 6 years now and LOVE it! It is extremely easy to rack up enough points to earn the 10% off coupon each month (non-Target purchases count too), and even if you don't, all you have to do is occasionaly put one big purchase on the card to get plenty of points as they just roll over to the next month if unused. Then I take my monthly 10% off card and make a huge list of all the toiletries, food goods, diapers, etc that we need, and do it all on one day. I leave my clearance browsing for other random days when I have the kids and can't shop in such an organized manner. I also use a ton of coupons on my 10% off days which helps even more. It is amazing to see what comes off at the end. Basically, if you get the 10% card every month and maximize your shopping day with it, it's like getting a giant free shopping trip every 10th month. :) They send me all kinds of coupons, including ones for $10 off almost anything several times per year. Also, if you have the card and use it to fill Target pharmacy prescriptions, you get another 10% off card when you reach every 10th Rx. So occasionally I'll have two 10% cards in one month that I can use on different days. It has totally been worth it for us!

I agree the Target Visa Card is worth it. I love the extra 10% off. I get one about once a month. :D

Sometimes they run double points. Like at Christmas if you spend $500 (I think) you get a 10% card. :yup: Once I went to ring out and there was a sign up one day only. Additional 10% off to anybody that used their Target cards. That was a nice little bonus. :)

Today I found a Cars Doodle Pro that I had remembered was part of the 75% off clearance after Christmas. I scanned it and it was not on file. Tracked someone down with a "gun" and was told the last selling price was $4.74 and I could have it for that price. :cheesy:

My boys will be thrilled, now I just have to track down another one!

Thank you Pumkinmomof2 & LovetoshopCA for checking for me and offering to help! :o

I managed to find a Full size for $19.98 (after 50% mark down) but wasn't sure if it was marked down any less because I found another set of Target Home 500ct sheets marked down 75% already!

Originally Posted by Raymond23

Got a ton of GB stuff on Friday when it went 75% off. It was the only day that week that I couldn't go until after work, so I was a little disappointed (they still had the leather wingback chair inthe morning for $75-$10 coupon...gone when I got there).

I have this high narrow ledge in the basement that I could never figure out what to do with. Well, 7 Target's later (yup, 7 Target's on Friday night) I picked up the Sunburst mirror ($22.50) and lots of centerpiece type things (figurals, candle holders etc) that were tall, narrow, and went with the colorscheme in the basement) and packed it full. Looks pretty cool. Spent $150 on 19 different items. Also got 2 mercury glass lamps for $17.49 each and 2 mercury glass vases for about $7/each (wife loves mercury glass and decorating 2 rooms with the stuff). So, about $200 (retail $800).

Gotta love Target seasonal clearences!

What a great deal! I LOVE that sunburst mirror....ours were long gone.:mad:

The mirror was cracked-which is why it was still there. Very easy to fix...

Here's some pics of those items on that high ledge that I was talking about. There are a couple of gaps in the display, that's because I have 2 items that I loved that were gone by the time I got to Target. Found them on Target.com-bot only 20% off (but got an extra $5 off plus free ship). I don't have those yet...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/802/1001998de0.jpg

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8092/1002000wd4.jpg

Tough area to decorate. High narrow ledge. Everything needed to be very tall and skinny. Only seen when going up or down the stairs from the rec room to the back yard. It looked awful empty, buy not something I wanted to drop any major money on. Seems to work...

Wow! I have only had the card for about 6 months, but I have NEVER gotten any coupons! I use it for my business, so I spend like $3000 per month on it. I have 9000 unused points toward the 10% shopping days (they only let you use one per month, unfortunately). Seems like I ought to be getting some of those coupons.

Wow! I have only had the card for about 6 months, but I have NEVER gotten any coupons! I use it for my business, so I spend like $3000 per month on it. I have 9000 unused points toward the 10% shopping days (they only let you use one per month, unfortunately). Seems like I ought to be getting some of those coupons.

I occassionally get a card in the mail with $5 or $10 but nothing steady and no other coupons either. Also holiday 2006 it was nice because if you spent $250 (promotion) than you got a 10% off coupon but this last Christmas there must of not been such a promotion because I only got one 10% off and I was like at the regular points which was what 1000 or 1200?

What are the Target points on the card good for?

It was explained in this post:

Originally Posted by cokemeyer

I'm sure this has been discussed before but here is a just a plug for getting a Target Visa if you have been considering it. I have had mine for about 6 years now and LOVE it! It is extremely easy to rack up enough points to earn the 10% off coupon each month (non-Target purchases count too), and even if you don't, all you have to do is occasionaly put one big purchase on the card to get plenty of points as they just roll over to the next month if unused.

That is crazy, you've never gotten the 10% discount card??? They automatically send out the card when you reach 1000 pts, and keep doing so every month you have enough pts. I did find out in my second month of having the card that non-Target purchases are only counted as 1pt for every $2 spent. I purchased some Walt Disney World tickets using the Target Visa thinking I should get another 10% card the next month but found out I was getting only half the pts I thought I would.

I'm shopping at Target way too much. I've gotten 5 discount cards since July, and most of my points came from Target purchases!

I agree the Target Visa Card is worth it. I love the extra 10% off. I get one about once a month. :D

Sometimes they run double points. Like at Christmas if you spend $500 (I think) you get a 10% card. :yup: Once I went to ring out and there was a sign up one day only. Additional 10% off to anybody that used their Target cards. That was a nice little bonus. :)

Why am I missing all these promos???