Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Woo Hoo mine went 75% today.I had to return and rebuy my village because the customer service lady was rude and wouldnt let me just return and rebuy at the CS counter.I had to walk all the way back to sesonal and reshop for the village.I know they arent suppose to price adjust but come on whats the difference.Sheesh...

Woo Hoo mine went 75% today.I had to return and rebuy my village because the customer service lady was rude and wouldnt let me just return and rebuy at the CS counter.I had to walk all the way back to sesonal and reshop for the village.I know they arent suppose to price adjust but come on whats the difference.Sheesh...

That is the store's policy. They do it precisely because people do what you did. Most Targets won't refund seasonal items at the sale price, but only at the newly lowered price. Some states apparently have laws against it, but, in general, you were lucky to even be able to return it and get the 50% price back. They usually only do that for regular merchandise.

Halloween 75%!! Filled a cart with costumes, decorations, paper goods and candy for $71! They also had some really neat black metal witch hat string lights for 2.49! Picked up 6 to hang around the pergola for next year.

###240114575 witch hat string lights 2.49 was 9.99 (also had pumpkins and bats)

That is the store's policy. They do it precisely because people do what you did. Most Targets won't refund seasonal items at the sale price, but only at the newly lowered price. Some states apparently have laws against it, but, in general, you were lucky to even be able to return it and get the 50% price back. They usually only do that for regular merchandise.

I had to buy candy for my sons' halloween party. THEN they said it had to be peanut free, turns out M&Ms, Twix, and Candy Corn are NOT peanut free so I took them back, but it was now AFTER halloween so I got them back at 50% off. I was so frustrated as I had bought them at full price and had the receipt.

They do have a big sign there that states it, I didn't argue. She didn't seem like the type that was flexible.

I had to buy candy for my sons' halloween party. THEN they said it had to be peanut free, turns out M&Ms, Twix, and Candy Corn are NOT peanut free so I took them back, but it was now AFTER halloween so I got them back at 50% off. I was so frustrated as I had bought them at full price and had the receipt.

They do have a big sign there that states it, I didn't argue. She didn't seem like the type that was flexible.

grumble, grumble... Don't blame you for being upset. We have a kid with peanut allergies in DS1 class, and DS1 is nearly a vegetarian who will only eat chicken nuggets & peanuts as protein! He has to take his lunch to the nurses office everyday it has nuts in it, then has to wash good & rinse his mouth before recess. It is frustrating. On the other hand, I had a friend in college with the allergy, and every exposure to it increases the risk exponentially that they will die of anaphalactic shock. Not pretty. DS is allergic to penicillin, with the same problem, just less risk of exposure.

On to bargains, if you have boys and haven't looked, a lot of stores have overlooked the boys Halloween PJs, and I got two Frankenstein sets for $2.48 each today. They are mixed in with the regular PJs, the frankies are grey with either green plaid or skeleton bottoms. There are also pirate designs that are blue. Worth a look. They also had them for girls, but most stores I've been to seem to have found and moved those.

Got some Domos, Kellys and Cars today. quite pleased.

On to bargains, if you have boys and haven't looked, a lot of stores have overlooked the boys Halloween PJs, and I got two Frankenstein sets for $2.48 each today. They are mixed in with the regular PJs, the frankies are grey with either green plaid or skeleton bottoms. There are also pirate designs that are blue. Worth a look. They also had them for girls, but most stores I've been to seem to have found and moved those.

Got some Domos, Kellys and Cars today. quite pleased.

I got one pair of those jammies at 50% off. I haven't been back to see if the local one had it 75% yet. I have 4 boys, 10, 6, 4, and 3 months. I got 6 pair of pajamas yesterday on clearance 75% and 80% at Target and ON, but the biggest pair was 5T, most were smaller. Pajamas are always so expensive so I don't care what they have on them, as long as they fit the boys! They like monsters, spiders, etc... anyways, so they are happy to wear them!

So Friday the 7th should be 90% off? I went ahead and bought candy for my sister and my 2 kids christmas party goody bags but I have some other people that I could get some for if it goes 90% off. I was thinking today they had a lot of candy left and I could probably get it 90% off but didnt want to chance it

Thanks for mentioning this...I will have to look for DS3....he seems to be going through yet ANOTHER growth spurt this year!!!! Needless to say his highwater jammies have to go :(

All the candy was gone here but I did get the bags of fruit snacks for $0.99!!!!! These will last awhile and will work well in DS' "no candy allowed" treat bags :)

well they are 69c when you scan it because these are suppose to be sold separately in the cafe for 69c. sometimes the stockers just put them on the juice isle intact. THATS when we find them and do the MM dance :gdnum1::2elephant:2monkey::gd_devild:gd_purple:gd_pineap:gd_orange:greenappl

I'M OFFICALLY DOING THE MM DANCE:banana01::gd_purple:holiday16:holiday16:holiday08

I, too, just found my first MM juices today! The excitement I felt when they actually scanned 69c at the price checker was scary. I found 2 at one Target and then went on to find 3 at another one. $3.45 for 50 boxes of juice just made my day! :D

Mission accomplished... until my next Target visit.

Oh, and my Target had all Halloween and fall stuff at 75% today. Lots of candy and costumes. I got some village pieces, lighted grapevine pumpkins, 4 beautiful wreaths, fleece blankets, candles, dog toys, an inflatable frankenstein and tons of candy. I'm afraid I spent the $$ I saved on new storage containers to keep it all in though.

I also scored a nice leather ipod Touch cover at 75% off for $8.74.

I'M OFFICALLY DOING THE MM DANCE:banana01::gd_purple:holiday16:holiday16:holiday08

I wonder if Target realizes what such a small thing does for their customer happiness quota!

If they are smart, they will just leave this relatively small "nicety" in place (should they ever discover it, which I can't believe they haven't yet). The small number of juice packs that they let go at 69 cents can't really amount to THAT much of a loss for them, can it? ;):D

I went to get some gummy lifesavers for my kiddos today and when I scanned them, they were still $1.99! I didn't figure that could be right, so I went back to the candy aisle and saw the shelf tag... sure enough, full price on those bad boys was $7.99. (This was for the super big back, but WOW. Didn't realize that's what they were. Oh well, maybe, er.. I will find a couple bags "somewhere" at 90%?? They ARE yummy. Mommy likes them too!

I've found the juice boxes in both Apple and Fruit Juice. One store I usually find them at is even better with the Fruit Juice... those will ring up at $0.34!!! :eyepoppin Its been happening for a few months now, I am not going to complain!

90% is only for 1 day, right? My store was still 50% as of 8:00 last night - when will the 90% day be? If I happen to find some goodies somewhere, I would hate to find out that the price has been bumped back up to salvage price. Is it time to start stalking Target?

I have never found any MM juice boxes yet--but I am keeping the faith girls....

The question I have never asked before is, :gdlicklips: do you have a choice of flavors or usually just one that rings up at this phenomenal price?

For me, both packages were grape at the first Target. At the second Target, all three were fruit punch. Finding the apple juice 10-packs would be a real score at my house! I guess I'll add the juice aisle to my list of standard stops every time I'm in Target from now on.:D

Hugs for you KM, I have been sick too with some stomach viral thing and have not made it to Target for any Halloween clearance, but In the past I have run across the same thing--cards, jewelry, etc with Pumpkins and stuff all over it, but they are not marking it down. :mad: Is that to tease us?

:)

Thanks for the love, i'm starting to feel a little better :)

I have had a nasty sinus infection, complements of my 5 year old, for the last 3 weeks, so I REALLY sympathize!

I know what you mean about the sale stuff. At least if they try it with the Christmas videos (usually they leave a bunch) you'll have some info behind you.

Sure hope you don't have to quest for a big toy like last year's pony this year! Take care.

I feel your pain! As for the big toy this year, i'm SO on top of that! Never again will i let last year happen!!! lol...i've been watching everything my DD7 is lighting up over and then getting it! lol...sounds crazy but i've picked up everything on sale since earlier this year and stowed it with receipts. I just had her do her list early this year and the "big" santa item is the pink DS (which i picked up for 25% off at TRU during the last sale complete w/pink case). I'll now start returning the other things that she's lost interest in :yup: It really sounds crazy when i'm writing that, but i'm leaving nothing to chance (or Hasbro) this year. I'm pretty much done for shopping (except for the 20 things i'll find on bf...hopefully some DS games for santa:D )

Is there anyone who has "experience" with the Easy Bake Oven? I have been debating this as a christmas gift. My daughters are 3, 6 and 8. So, does this thing require a lot of parental supervision? What makes it so much more magical than baking in our toaster oven?

I just don't need another unused kitchen appliance hanging around. But, I'm torn because it seems like something every little girl would love and if it is, in fact, a cool toy then I'd like to get it for them.

Does anyone have any pros/cons they might quickly shoot my way?

Is there anyone who has "experience" with the Easy Bake Oven? I have been debating this as a christmas gift. My daughters are 3, 6 and 8. So, does this thing require a lot of parental supervision? What makes it so much more magical than baking in our toaster oven?

I just don't need another unused kitchen appliance hanging around. But, I'm torn because it seems like something every little girl would love and if it is, in fact, a cool toy then I'd like to get it for them.

If it helps I remember my own Easy Bake from when I was a kid :)

I know my dd3 wants one too but I think that it is a bit too advanced for her - I am thinking about that Princess Cool Bake "Magic" oven. Since you have older girls I would think the Easy Bake would be a good choice.

I didn't get my easy bake oven until I was 16 and told my parents how deprived I was as a little girl! Told my dad I was scared for life..lol. He took me out that night and bought me one. I am umm.. a little older than that now..and I still have it!! I got my little girl her own and we bake in them all the time! You do have to have patience though..as it is a long process (especially if you are baking dessert for the family)

Well as far as being a cute toy sure.Every lil girl wants to cook right.Well the food is gross, takes forever to cook under the light bulb and the food is very expensive.IMO i wouldnt recommened these to anyone.Now if ur old fashion and want to do the mommy daughter thing then by all means get one just be prepared to have patience.

We bought an easy bake for our dd at six years old because I remember how cool mine was at that age. We just buy the Jiffy mixes at the grocery store, let her use what she wants in the easy bake oven and throw the rest in the toaster oven in a bigger pan. It's a win-win situation. I think it makes the girls feel safe and responsible with cooking. Of all the toys you might chose this year, I think it's a great choice!

My dd8 has the real meal easy bake oven and uses it all the time. I think she has had it for over 3 yrs now. The food doesn't taste great but she loves being able to make all the different foods by herself without my supervision. The real meal oven plugs in and doesn't have those little light bulbs. She actually will make cookies for her brother so he thinks its great too:-)) When she wants to make something that tastes great and has larger portions we just bake or cook something together on the real stove. I would recommend it...it has given her hours of enjoyment.