Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I decided to see if there was anything at Target since I was in the neighborhood this afternoon and somehow lucked out with the Step 2 motorcycle for $4.98. I would have never known it was on clearance if it wasn't for this board and everyone's contributions. Thanks so much!!! :D

awesome! That's so lucky that one was still around! I'm just about to go put mine together for DS's birthday tomorrow. :)

i hope i don't make anyone pass out but i keep reading about the play doh caddy's and not quite sure what this is so did a search: is this the same as the super play do craft caddy retailing at $24.99?

That's the price they were selling it for at Toys R Us when I was there yesterday...

i hope i don't make anyone pass out but i keep reading about the play doh caddy's and not quite sure what this is so did a search: is this the same as the super play do craft caddy retailing at $24.99?

yeah, I think that might be the MSRP. But it sells for anywhere from $14.99 to that.

has anyone ever had any luck getting SA's to give you something at 75% off if it doesn't show up in their system? We got a phone set for 50% yesterday (it had been red stickered @ 50%) but it didn't scan so we mentioned it should have gone to 75% ... no such luck the SA callled over someone who acted like that isn't how their clearence works - we got it anyway cause we needed a new phone for the house- but it would have been great to score it at 75% LOL

has anyone ever had any luck getting SA's to give you something at 75% off if it doesn't show up in their system? We got a phone set for 50% yesterday (it had been red stickered @ 50%) but it didn't scan so we mentioned it should have gone to 75% ... no such luck the SA callled over someone who acted like that isn't how their clearence works - we got it anyway cause we needed a new phone for the house- but it would have been great to score it at 75% LOL

If you are POSITIVE it went 75% off, you can ask them to look up the last price the item sold for in their system. They usually have to know how to do it with a PDA, or you can go to Guest Services to have them do it (though sometimes they don't know either). But if it is not showing up in the system at all, and it has a red sticker on it, that will be the price, plain and simple. If it has no sticker on it, you can sometimes name your price or bargain with them. Just depends. If it has been a while since it went clearance, then it is sometimes completely removed from their system.

I stopped by after work today (Belton, MO Target)and found a nice kitchen Essentials 5pc bakeware set for $24 (50% off). They had a lot of cookware and bakeware from 25-50% off. This was still sitting in the aisles, not on the endcaps. I also found a nice pair of Levi's for $5 for my son. All of the AC window units were marked 15% off and they had a lot of scrapbooking supplies marked down too.

Clearance ethics question:

Do you buy something if you know it is purposely put in the wrong package?

You all seem to know Target so well....what would you do?

I found the same thing when I was looking for duffels before our Disney trip in June. I was carefully taking them out and unfolding them, to see if they'd be big enough to pack my kids' stuff.

I found one of the XL duffels squashed into the band for the smallest size duffel, and vice versa. I just took them both to an associate I saw walking by, and I told him what I thought had happened.

I wouldn't feel right if I knew it was in the wrong package and took it anyway.

On a totally different note...has anyone seen any fire pits on clearance? They are still full price at my store!

Woohoo! Boy did I have fun at Target tonight. I had time to spare for once so I took my time and went through the whole store. They are remodelling it so things are all in different places which probably helps the clearance because it is all over the place. Anyway, here is what I got:

### Homedics Shiatsu Portable Massaging Cushion $17.99 (75% off!) Marked $34.97

### Dove Roasted Almond Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate 3 bar pack $.46 (reg. price $1.99)

Saw, but didn't buy Sunbeam deck boxes at 50% off

Also, finally found the MM juice packs for the first time! Bought 3.

Woohoo! Boy did I have fun at Target tonight. I had time to spare for once so I took my time and went through the whole store. They are remodelling it so things are all in different places which probably helps the clearance because it is all over the place. Anyway, here is what I got:

### Homedics Shiatsu Portable Massaging Cushion $17.99 (75% off!) Marked $34.97

### Dove Roasted Almond Silky Smooth Milk Chocolate 3 bar pack $.46 (reg. price $1.99)

Saw, but didn't buy Sunbeam deck boxes at 50% off

Also, finally found the MM juice packs for the first time! Bought 3.

Do you know how much the Sunbeam deck boxes were on clearance for?

Does anyone have any idea when the grills will be cheaper?

OH what about school supplies? Any one remember when they go 50% and 75% off. I stocked up last year and got awesome deals, which saved a ton this year, but I can't remember WHEN it was!

Thanks!

Yesterday at my Target I saw Diaper Genies for 30% off. It was the original one. Not the Diaper Genie II. I don't remember the exact price. Maybe $13 something. I pondered getting one, but then I wondered if it was about to get difficult to find the refills for it.

Yesterday at my Target I saw Diaper Genies for 30% off. It was the original one. Not the Diaper Genie II. I don't remember the exact price. Maybe $13 something. I pondered getting one, but then I wondered if it was about to get difficult to find the refills for it.

We bought a Diaper Champ...same idea only you don't need to buy refills for it. Just use regular garbage bags.

found 2 of the play-doh caddies which scanned 4.74 and the shelf said 4.74 but when they rang it up was 18.99 so took it over to the customer service and they credited me the difference.

Also got:

###032006710 girls tee w/ lady bug on it for 1.74

(actually rang up 4.96 but was stickered at 1.74 so I have to go back to get that fixed)

###Taco bell salsa $1.77

Yesterday at Target I found 6 cases of the 24 packs of Gatorade for only $3.98!! Needless to say I bought all 6 cases. She was marking them down when I came up an aisle. as she marked them, I put them all in my cart (heck of a time steering the cart after all those cases. lol)

Yesterday at Target I found 6 cases of the 24 packs of Gatorade for only $3.98!! Needless to say I bought all 6 cases. She was marking them down when I came up an aisle. as she marked them, I put them all in my cart (heck of a time steering the cart after all those cases. lol)

Good deal! :yup:

Does anyone have any idea when the grills will be cheaper?

OH what about school supplies? Any one remember when they go 50% and 75% off. I stocked up last year and got awesome deals, which saved a ton this year, but I can't remember WHEN it was!

Thanks!

I have last year's BTS clearance as 9/11/07 @ 50%, and 9/20/07 @ 75%. I stocked up last year too so I didn't need to buy much this year.

alot of medicines on clearance. Great if you are like me and need to stock up for this winter...

Tylenol cold and flu 2.34

Tylenol cough/congestion 2.34

Target brand night time cold 2.28

Target brand day time cold 2.28

TONS others. Most under $3.

all were in date and didn't expire until 2010

Edited by elena_398

### 078030016 Deck box 24.98 was 49.99

### 078102945 10ct bamboo string lights 4.98 was 9.99

### 042150845 mens plaid shorts 4.48 was 17.99

### 041001894 mens swim trunks 3.74 was 14.99

pots, pans, baking sheets still 30% off

grills still 30%

garden 30% to 50%

alot of medicines on sale. Great if you are like me and need to stock up for this winter...

Tylenol cold and flu 2.34

Tylenol cough/congestion 2.34

Target brand night time cold 2.28

Target brand day time cold 2.28

TONS others. Most under $3.

all were in date and didn't expire until 2010

I will definitely be checking this out! We get hit hard in the winter with colds, sinus, etc. Thanks!

pots, pans, baking sheets still 30% off

All detg. also on clearance 2.25 & with mfg coupons $1.25!

Our store Ohio was 50% yesterday. I was hoping for 75% today.:(

I'll check it out & update.

FYI who took my Dyson floor model! (LOL) :cool: I knew I should have gotten it at 50% & tried for add off,but didn"t need it. Last time I got one 75% + add 30%. :D

has anyone seen the "garden center" clearanced yet? It is made out of the same stuff as the deck boxes, usually in the aisle with them, but is like a sink/shelf on wheels type thing to use for your outdoor gardening?

These were on sale at my local Target in Columbia for 30% off today. They had several.

found

###Chicken Little DVD - 4.96 (had an as is sticker on it, but unopened)

###Children's Dimetapp long acting cough plus cold- 2.87

###Children's Dimetapp cold & allergy chewables- 2.32

###Theraflu Vapor Patch- 2.34

###Robitussin Night time cough & cold- 2.34

###Fortune cookies-1.86