Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Spongebob Lego Boating School is STILL $24.98. Not a lot of toy clearance but there were maybe one or two other lego sets (car ones, I think) and then some random stuff. Oh yeah, and a bunch of musical keychain thingys that were from high school musical.

Was that the sticker price or did you scan it?

Enjoy your Wii Fit!

Went to target today in Knoxville, TN and got 2 of the Playdoh caddies for $1.18 each. The mylar showed $1.18. Also dollar spot was 50% off. It had been picked over pretty well, but was able to get beach buckets and sand toys for my 2 year old for $.50 each.

Which Knoxville Target did you go to? Thanks!!!

I'm so mad!!! I went to Target this afternoon and found 3 packs of MM, I was so excited! I haven't found any in a while. While ready to pay for them, the cashier just started laughing and said: these can't be 0.69 and called another cashier, who took me to another register so they could do a price check on the item. I told them they should sell them to me if that is the price that they were ringing for. They said that was the price for just one juice box, not the whole package. Of course, they couldn't find the price of the 10 pack, just the 15 pack, so they said they would sell it to me for 6.90!!!!! (because it was 0.69 x 10 juice boxes) :gdcensored: I told them that price was even higher than the 15 pack, so then they said I could take them for $5 each. At this point, my DD was tired and cranky (and so was I), so I didn't want to deal with it, so I just left and didn't buy anything else. I'm so mad, why do cashiers care so much about the prices on the items....

Most states have scan laws. If products ring up higher than the price tag (granted, there probably wasn't a tag for that item), they have to charge you what the tag says. If it rings up lower, it's to your favor. The store has to take the loss. They can't scan an item and then say they're going to charge you a different price. Regardless of whether it should be 0.69 each juice, they made the mistake of stocking the product in that package of ten on the shelves for the customer to buy. I'd complain.

Edited by jdflores
spelling

I'm so mad!!! I went to Target this afternoon and found 3 packs of MM, I was so excited! I haven't found any in a while. While ready to pay for them, the cashier just started laughing and said: these can't be 0.69 and called another cashier, who took me to another register so they could do a price check on the item. I told them they should sell them to me if that is the price that they were ringing for. They said that was the price for just one juice box, not the whole package. Of course, they couldn't find the price of the 10 pack, just the 15 pack, so they said they would sell it to me for 6.90!!!!! (because it was 0.69 x 10 juice boxes) :gdcensored: I told them that price was even higher than the 15 pack, so then they said I could take them for $5 each. At this point, my DD was tired and cranky (and so was I), so I didn't want to deal with it, so I just left and didn't buy anything else. I'm so mad, why do cashiers care so much about the prices on the items....I found:

### Fancy Nancy tutu, 30% off, 9.xx

### Tinkerbell, Hanna M, Disney princesses makeup for girls (nail polish, gloss) 50%

### Disney mix max 30% off

Originally I went looking for the chex mix packs from the bulk section, because they've been at 15% for the longest time, I thought for sure today they would go to 30%, but no luck they are still at 15%. Has anybody seen these go lower?

Probably because they wanted to buy it themselves! I would of taken the three MM packs, gone and walked around abit (of course not with cranky child) and tried at another cashier.

Well I can't believe it but I was able to pick up two of the play-doh craft caddies at my local store this morning. I have been on the hunt for several days now and had pretty much gave up finding one since an employee said they would not get anymore since they were tagged as clearance in the system. I have no idea why, but I decided to call last night and check one more time. The young girl on the phone said that they had 2 in stock and that she could hold them for me ( I guess they looked like a regular item to her). Only to get a phone call 2 min later that they are not on the shelf where they should be, but she assured me that they are showing 2 in stock. She said maybe they would get put back overnight and be there in the morning. And they were!! Maybe they were a return.

I went to the Super Target in Smyrna, TN last night and they had two of the Playdoh craft caddies...they rang up $4.74. There was 1 left when I left last night.

Also the dollar spot still had quite a bit left at 50%. I picked up some of the Phonics books and flash cards for my little one. Anyone know when the dollar spot will go 75%?

Most states have scan laws. If products ring up higher than the price tag (granted, there probably wasn't a tag for that item), they have to charge you what the tag says. If it rings up lower, it's to your favor. The store has to take the loss. They can't scan an item and then say they're going to charge you a different price. Regardless of whether it should be 0.69 each juice, they made the mistake of stocking the product in that package of ten on the shelves for the customer to buy. I'd complain.

In general, I agree. However, bringing attention to the juice deal will only result in the error being fixed, and all of us not being able to get them.

In general, I agree. However, bringing attention to the juice deal will only result in the error being fixed, and all of us not being able to get them.

That's exactly why I didn't speak to a manager or make more fuss about it, because I didn't want to bring attention to their mistake. Anyways, just venting here about it and telling you guys who exactly understand my frustration, helped a lot. Thanx! :)

I have been waiting for the life jackets to goto 50%, if anyone notices people let me know. What are these considered? sporting goods as a mark down?

not too sure but they usually don't sell too quickly and will still be there at 75% (at least the past 2 years that I've purchased them and I live in FL where you'd think they'd be in a little more demand)

If they have the long orange sticker with bar code are they internet returns? I haven't seen that sticker before.

Anyway, I last night with the long orange sticker I found a whole stack of Thomas the tank large oversized color books for 46 cents....Conway, AR store....

Dollar spot-red dots were 50% off...

If they have the long orange sticker with bar code are they internet returns? I haven't seen that sticker before.

Anyway, I last night with the long orange sticker I found a whole stack of Thomas the tank large oversized color books for 46 cents....Conway, AR store....

Yes, the long orange stickers are usually internet returns and say "as is" on them. Good deal by the way...

Life jackets have been 50% in knoxville, tn clinton hwy. store for almost a week now.

I ave been watching the childrens tents and back packs stay at 50% for nearly a week, waiting to see if they will drop to 75%.

Sometimes it is stuff that they have found in the store room that was previously clearanced out & is no longer in the system. I've found food items with the large orange/red tag--pasta, tea bags, juice...

That's exactly why I didn't speak to a manager or make more fuss about it, because I didn't want to bring attention to their mistake. Anyways, just venting here about it and telling you guys who exactly understand my frustration, helped a lot. Thanx! :)

good thinking! Those cashiers were D-U-M-B. I'm sure they bought it for themselves!

good thinking! Those cashiers were D-U-M-B. I'm sure they bought it for themselves!

Now how DUMB do you really think they are if they managed to get the customer not to buy the product or speak to the lead about it, only to buy it for themselves?? If they were really dumb they would have been uneasy if someone mentioned fraud on the part of Target putting out product and then not honoring the scan price regardless of who's error it is.

I went to the Super Target in Smyrna, TN last night and they had two of the Playdoh craft caddies...they rang up $4.74. There was 1 left when I left last night.

Also the dollar spot still had quite a bit left at 50%. I picked up some of the Phonics books and flash cards for my little one. Anyone know when the dollar spot will go 75%?

According to one of the Target employees it will be going to 75% tomorrow (thursday)

Anyone seen ADULT swim go on clearance? My Target has kids' swim on clearance, but adult items (goggles, caps) are full price. TIA!

My Target this morning had all the adult swim items on clearance. I bought an adult swim mask as we always need them for guests.

I looked and didn't think I saw this posted on here. Yesterday while at Target I found Durasal 12 pk batteries for $1.92. I got 6 packs. They were in the electronic. The red tickets said the oringinal price was $7.98. I was so excited it made up for not finding any MM!!

I found this today... Only one, but it also said $7.98 and it rang up 1.92.

Thanks! Hopefully someone will post if it has gone to 75% before I head out for lunch. No need to waste gas if it hasn't! :)

DOT Clearance at 75% in Plano, TX. Lots of swim being marked down to 35% and 50%. Large group of summer toys that have been 50% for quite a while have now gone 75%. Grills still at 30%. Got to Target first thing this morning since my mammogram was at 7:30am and was very happy to see the isles full of employees marking down loads of items. I'll try to post my specific finds later today.:)

Target dollor $pot was 75% off on red dot today. I finally found some of the PlayDoh caddies.. but guess what.. they scanned $18.95 !! Oh well, congrats to all that found them for 75% off. They were marking summer shoes down further today and were stocking TONS of new toys.