Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Found lots of goodies today...

2 - Elmo Doodles $6xx

2 - build it kits (the little experience) $3xx (Princess Castle for DD & Build A Boat for my nephew)

1 - Wiggles Book With Microphone price on it was 4.98, but rang up at $2.98

2 - Easter My Little Ponies...They were with the regular My little ponies..They both rang up NOF...The cashier gave them to me for .75 each.

1 - Dora VTECH globe...$4.98(this was only 50% OFF...I will buy and return if they have them when they go 75%...They only had 3 on the floor....

2 Crest Toothpastes...Just .68 after my coupons...

2 Fission Music player 1Gb $9xx

1 Sony DVD player...Was marked at half off $64 something...Orig was $129...But rang up for $34. I asked the cashier working cameras if there was anything wrong with it..He said no..I suspect it was an internet return...

10 - American girl books....All marked to .88

1 - Dora VTECH globe...$4.98(this was only 50% OFF...I will buy and return if they have them when they go 75%...They only had 3 on the floor....

I was told that they wouldn't do price adjustments on these clearance items. Is that not true?

I was told that they wouldn't do price adjustments on these clearance items. Is that not true?

They DO NOT do price adjustments on clearanced items.

However, if some of the item is left and those go lower, you can purchase at the lower percentage and return at the higher IF YOU KEPT THE RECEIPT. :yup:

The Scotch Brite disposable toilet bowl scrubber kits don't come in a $4.99 starter pack. The only $4.99 pack is the refills. The starter kit is $6.xx.

This is true for Target but other large stores similar to Target :) have them for the lower price.

Yesterday I found another one of the Closetmaid 5-6ft closet kits. I bought 2 of them prior when they were 75% off ($17.xx) and looked all over for a 3rd but they were all gone. Yesterday I was just browsing and saw one sitting on the shelf marked 85% off so I got it for only $8.74! I'm guessing it must have either been a return or a stray they found laying in the back somewhere. I've never seen anything with an 85% off sticker. But it sure made my day!

I don't think $4.98 for the globe would only be half off because I am pretty sure if it's the one I am thinking of was originally around $25-30?

The dora v-tech globe is marked 19.99 at my store and the red sticker said either 30% or 50%. Hmmm....I would have bought it if it was $4.98!!!

Yesterday I found another one of the Closetmaid 5-6ft closet kits. I bought 2 of them prior when they were 75% off ($17.xx) and looked all over for a 3rd but they were all gone. Yesterday I was just browsing and saw one sitting on the shelf marked 85% off so I got it for only $8.74! I'm guessing it must have either been a return or a stray they found laying in the back somewhere. I've never seen anything with an 85% off sticker. But it sure made my day!

Good for you!! I searched high and low for those and haven't been able to find any. But I have only 1 target within a 100 mile radius. Our upstairs is completely unfinished and I would have loved to find them 75% off rather than paying full price down the road.

Found lots of goodies today...

2 - Elmo Doodles $6xx

2 - build it kits (the little experience) $3xx (Princess Castle for DD & Build A Boat for my nephew)

1 - Wiggles Book With Microphone price on it was 4.98, but rang up at $2.98

2 - Easter My Little Ponies...They were with the regular My little ponies..They both rang up NOF...The cashier gave them to me for .75 each.

2 Crest Toothpastes...Just .68 after my coupons...

2 Fission Music player 1Gb $9xx

1 Sony DVD player...Was marked at half off $64 something...Orig was $129...But rang up for $34. I asked the cashier working cameras if there was anything wrong with it..He said no..I suspect it was an internet return...

10 - American girl books....All marked to .88

Wow you got the VTECH Dora globe for $4.98???????/ thats a great deal. They are regularly $39.99 I think

Some bar stools being marked down. Looks like that area may be reset.

I have stools marked down 50% in my store...they have 2 of the ones I want. I'm waiting for DH to decide if he likes them or not (though I may just purchase them anyway!!!)

I got a Little People Alphabet set for $20 today (50% off). Figured this would be good for DS's 2nd birthday. If it goes lower, I'll buy and return, I just wanted to make sure that I got one for at least 50%...

Today I found the fission and fussion players 75% off at the Chantry Rd Target. They had alot left. Also found:

10 pk memorex mini dvd for camcorder 75%- 3.72 pk

4Gb flash card 75% - 16.xx

1gb flash card 75%- 4.98

LP alphabet treehouse thing 50% - 20.xx

PSP starter kit 75% - 9.99

Overall a Great Day!

Now to find the aquadoodle at 75%..:gdparanoid:

Our store had lots of toy clearance today and I remembered to use my $5 coupon - yay! I got the Elmo Aquadoodle, the Barbie girls MP3 accessory set, and a Bratz Boy (I hate bratz but the boy is cute not skanky and looks just like my son) for 75% off, and then they also had a bunch of toys still at 50% off.

At 50% off (I scanned them all to be sure) they had:

matchbox collector's box with cars inside

lots of Barbie sets

A fold-up doll pack-n-play

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse plush

the Fisher-Price Bounce and Spin Zebra!

My daughter has the zebra and absolutely loves it so I'd like to get one for a gift, but it is at $22 now so I'll wait til it (hopefully) goes to 75% - they had a ton at my store...

I don't think $4.98 for the globe would only be half off because I am pretty sure if it's the one I am thinking of was originally around $25-30?

Wow..I think you are right...I thought it retailed for $9.98 because that was above the $4.98 price...

Yes that is true...But what I and everyone else does is buy it when it goes down again and return it with the receipt for the higher purchase....

I got the Fisher price digital art and craft studio CD-ROMS - Diego, Dora, Princess and Dinosaurs for $3.45 at my Target in Johns Creek, GA They are originally priced as $12.99

http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-9579756-1427033?field-keywords=diego+fisher+price+digital+studio&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Also, got a Barbie Doll and Couch set for $7.49 (original is 14.99)

FINALLY!!! I found the MM Juice!!! This was the first one ever and I have looked everytime I am there for them and figured our stockers are just on their game! I could not believe my eyes :eek: when I looked in the back and the last Apple was only 2 wide, not 3 like the rest, I knew as I reached back and pulled it out it was THE ONE! It even had the Chuck E Cheese coupon! OMG! I did a happy dance all the way to the checkout. I didnt look too obvious because I had my DS2 with me and it seemed like we were just playing around togeather. Needless to say, the cashier didnt even look at the price when she rang it up. I had some other stuff too. It was only 1 but will be a great addition to my son's birthday party tomorrow! Someone was looking down on me today! :)

these 'little experience" kits - what department are they in? toys or with the arts/crafts stuff ? what kinds do they have? i was in there today and found the mother load of MM - grape and punch - 6 of each AND they were 12 packs!! It says on there something like "12 for the price of 10 - Bonus Packs) but they are NOT the 15 counts - and they were still the same $.69. Of course i bought all of them - with two girls in primary school, they go thru those things like water...

Also found that Pooh Hair and Body wash on clearance for $1.84 - bought 2 - did the Pepsi deal and used 2 coupons - oh, also found some of those Crystal Light on the go packs - normally $.99 each (pack of 3 i think..) marked down to $.45 each so i bought a few of those. Saw the o-cello sponges but didn't have my coupons with me, so i put them back.

Also saw two seat covers for the van - one was a gray suede w/embroidered lady bug and the other was black with white hawaiian print - both were $3.98 - if i'd been able to find two matching ones i would have snagged them - the seats in our van take a beating with the girls.

I got the Fisher price digital art and craft studio CD-ROMS - Diego, Dora, Princess and Dinosaurs for $3.45 at my Target in Johns Creek, GA They are originally priced as $12.99

http://www.target.com/gp/search/602-9579756-1427033?field-keywords=diego+fisher+price+digital+studio&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1

Do they look just like the link? I would love to get my hands on the Diego and the Dinosaurs one. Where they by the computer games or an end cap? Do you have the DPCI?? I have to get back there again today!

Today I got the Turtle Play-doh deal 4.98

Fisher-Price Zoo @ 50%...hoping for 75% but couldn't pass them up at 50

The three packs of Chrystal Light on the go for .68

2 pair of dress socks .74 each

Oh, I forgot...Biggest loser scale for 8.74 (75%)...I think it was stashed and found. The cashier wanted to charge me the red tag price of 30% off. The manager comes and tells her NO. I've had trouble with this cashier before.

Edited by Mommy2Four
spelling

I saw an Elmo magnetic game book a week or two ago. It was 30% (I think) at about $8. It was on an electronics endcap and there were several. Now I see people are finding other books, too. When I went last night there were NO books on the electronics endcaps. Did they drop suddenly to 75% and disappear? Have your stores moved them somewhere else? We have a road trip coming up and I would really like to find some new things to keep the kids busy in the car. If anyone sees these, or anything else that might keep 3 & 4 year old girls happy in the car, please let me know. TIA.

Went to 2 different Targets yesterday...found some comforters for 75%, making them $9.xx for full/queen. Also some socks 75%. Found but did not get the Aquadoodle Elmo things for 75%, Spiderman party stuff 50%, lots of Digital art & craft studio software 75% (on endcaps) and other stuff that I can't think of right now. Oh, the play-doh big pack is still 50% ($9.xx) but I'm waiting for 75% since they have tons.

Woo Hoo! Found 3 MM (grape) at the Sandusky, OH store. It's NOT an urban myth!! Is it odd for a grown man to get over-excited about kid's juice boxes??!! For .69, I don't care!:D

Used the Target web coupons for the Pepsi deal...5 for $15 + 2-$1 Off coupons+my free $5 gift card! Now that's a deal. Trying to give up soda but the deal was too good to pass up. Printed of quite a few of the $1 off coupons so I left the extras around the Pepsi display. Hopefully someone else got to do a happy dance with the find. Note: the coupons from the generator did not scan but the cashier manually typed the upc ## and they worked!

Lots of health and beauty clearence, most of which has been mentioned in previous posts. I would suggest everyone load up on mqs (Colgate, Degree, Crest) if you can find them then hit the store. Also lot of clearance on Jack men's grooming products.

Finally, my favorite coconut marshmellows down to .49! Yum

went back to Target for trip #2 today, since I had my 10% off card and couldn't get much earlier with two little ones in tow. I found several groovy girls stuffed talking ponies for 75% off ($6.xx) as well as a bunch of giant (64 load) Target Baby laundry detergent on clearance for $6.xx. I got as many as would fit in my cart - we go through this stuff like water! :) I also got DS5 some plaid shorts that I was surprised to find on the clearance rack with cooler weather stuff - I think they came to about $4.xx each. Used another $5 toy coupon! :yup:

Shutterfly went 50% off at my store in PA, heads up! They went off their schedule and marked down electronics NOT on a Monday (grrr), so the portable DVD player i've been watching was long gone (would've been under $40!)...sad sad. Did find a double pack of colgate toothpaste for $1.68, had a $1.50 coupon, so 2 things of toothpaste for .18! The Fussion/Fission players were still at 50% at the store in DE, and long gone in PA (i'm thinking they went 75% off earlier in the week). We're going on a roadtrip this weekend up to CT so i'll fill you in on what i find along the way :) Happy hunting guys!

I also got DS5 some plaid shorts that I was surprised to find on the clearance rack with cooler weather stuff - I think they came to about $4.xx each.

I was surprised to see swim shorts on the clearance rack this week!!

Shutterfly went 50% off at my store in PA, heads up! They went off their schedule and marked down electronics NOT on a Monday (grrr), so the portable DVD player i've been watching was long gone (would've been under $40!)...sad sad. Did find a double pack of colgate toothpaste for $1.68, had a $1.50 coupon, so 2 things of toothpaste for .18! The Fussion/Fission players were still at 50% at the store in DE, and long gone in PA (i'm thinking they went 75% off earlier in the week). We're going on a roadtrip this weekend up to CT so i'll fill you in on what i find along the way :) Happy hunting guys!

I couldn't find any Shutterfly stuff, asked an employee where to find them...he had no idea, neither did guest services. Someone fill me in please. THX!

I couldn't find any Shutterfly stuff, asked an employee where to find them...he had no idea, neither did guest services. Someone fill me in please. THX!

Of the 4 stores near me, only 1 store has them...so it may be hit or miss. The store that does have them, you can find them in the electronics section. They are in white boxes that have a colored stripe across the front (different colors for different items). Some were in the endcap and some were in the aisle.

Hope this helps.

These were out at most stores several months ago... Now, for some reason, there appear to be Targets around that have either gotten more in or found some in the backroom that were missed during the initial clearance. I'm not sure. I have not seen any around here. They were all out in January on clearance and are long gone.

They are sold in boxes. All that is in the box is a piece of paper with a code for you to use to get Shutterfly gifts... photo albums, mugs, calendars, etc. The cashier must activate them during checkout in order for them to work properly. (Sort of like a gift card.)

Most stores never took these past 50%, so if you really, really want some and you see them for 50% off, that is a nice deal! More than likely, you won't see them go any lower. Many Targets salvaged them after the 50% markdowns.

Some on this forum have reported seeing them at Goodwill after their store salvaged them, but there are people who apparently had trouble using them since Goodwill has no way to activate them correctly. I'm not sure if Shutterfly has been cooperative about helping people get them to work properly or not... but buyer beware if you buy them at the Goodwill store. :)

HTH