Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Just got back from Target. I caved and got the Disney Mix Max at 50% off ($49.95). There was only 2 left, but the one that I stashed was still there, so that may be my spot from now on! I also got a Magic Tree House book for 75% off and an American Girl book for 50% off. These are great for my kids whose birthdays are coming up!!!

I've been reading all these posts about destruction of good merchandise with interest, and I say to all of you dedicated PP'ers, here is just another good excuse to SHOP ON! :) If your budget allows, buy extras of things you see on sale, and then choose a worthy charity of your own to donate them to. Even things that may seem odd or random can be used for groups as door prizes at fundraisers, etc. My aunt has been working tirelessly to find good deals on clothing to send to Haiti and the missionaries who receive them are tremendously grateful. No one is questioning or destroying any of that merchandise, that is for sure!

This is my first post although I have been following this forum for quite awhile. It's good to know there are other Target addicts out there. I have a couple of questions. I have never found the MM juice deal in my Targets. They have the MM juice, but not for $.69. Is the packaging different? Just wondering what to look for as it is a pain to scan them so often and never get lucky enough to get the $.69 price. If there was a difference in the packaging I could look for that rather than bother with scanning. Also, do you think the Nickelodeon mp3 players and video players or Disney mp3 and Mix Max will be discounted further than 50% off? They have been at 50% for 3-4 weeks now and there are tons of them left at my store. Wondering if I should buy now or wait a little longer. I have only been "perusing" for 6-7 months now and still don't have a feel for how they mark down.

after a two week vacation I was back at target today but kind of dissapointing didn't find much just some workout clothes 50% and a sport bra $75 I saw some bathroom scales that I'm interested but they are 50% I'm wating for 75% if you see this please let me know

Make sure you try the scale if you buy one. I bought one of the digital ones on clearance last week. My weight changed by 10 pounds depending on where on the bathroom floor I set the scale. I know my floor isn't slanted (at least not that much - standard tile floor). Just an FYI.

UMTerp

This is my first post although I have been following this forum for quite awhile. It's good to know there are other Target addicts out there. I have a couple of questions. I have never found the MM juice deal in my Targets. They have the MM juice, but not for $.69. Is the packaging different? Just wondering what to look for as it is a pain to scan them so often and never get lucky enough to get the $.69 price. If there was a difference in the packaging I could look for that rather than bother with scanning. Also, do you think the Nickelodeon mp3 players and video players or Disney mp3 and Mix Max will be discounted further than 50% off? They have been at 50% for 3-4 weeks now and there are tons of them left at my store. Wondering if I should buy now or wait a little longer. I have only been "perusing" for 6-7 months now and still don't have a feel for how they mark down.

MM Juice for the low price is only the 10 packs.. so they won't say 15 on them. And the OJ does not count! You shouldn't ever have to scan it, if you follow those guidelines!!!

Last year they were salvaged at 50%. I had been watching and waiting for them to hit 75% and when they disappeared I asked a sales associate and she said they were salvaged at 50% and sent back to the manufacturer. Who knows what they will do this year

As for the MMs.. they are 2 rows of 5 boxes instead of 3 rows. It is usually only the grape,apple and punch and as stated before.. it does NOT have the 15 number on the front.

Funny thing... I went perusing my local Target at lunch today, I hadn't been to Target since before Easter ... They are moving all the grocery items around.. Checked the juice aisle, no home for MM juices. Just Market Pantry and Juicy Juice. Wonder what's up with that?

Funny thing... I went perusing my local Target at lunch today, I hadn't been to Target since before Easter ... They are moving all the grocery items around.. Checked the juice aisle, no home for MM juices. Just Market Pantry and Juicy Juice. Wonder what's up with that?

I also noticed that at one of the smaller target stores that I go to. No spot for the MM juice, just Juicy Juice and Market Pantry. The larger Target store just a few miles away still has the MM.

Here are a couple of my bargains I found on Monday. Gabrielle Reece 30 Day Challenge Fitness Kit for $7.48, reg $29.99. This came with an exercise ball, pedometer, (2)4 lb. dumbell weights, a foot pump and workout dvd. Also got some of the Easter clearance deals, Nerds for $.09, girls tees for $.50, and Sunsilk color boost for hair for $.84, reg price was around $7.99 I believe.

after a two week vacation I was back at target today but kind of dissapointing didn't find much just some workout clothes 50% and a sport bra $75 I saw some bathroom scales that I'm interested but they are 50% I'm wating for 75% if you see this please let me know

A sports bra for $75???? Does it work out for me? :yup::sidesplit

I went today and didn't find much of anything. Easter is all gone! I did see the Tinkerbell Mix Stix for half price $24.XX

Was this in the aisle that the MM juice was normally in? Just wodering because they have juice boxes in 2 places here now - the normal place and the old Easter section. They didn't have any MM in the newly restocked seasonal area.

Has anyone seen the Shrek figurines [6 to package] and plush go to 75%?

yes, the Shrek figurines have been $1.24 which is 75% off at my store for over a week or two now. They still had plenty left on Sunday. Wish we had a Shrek party coming up - they'd be great for favors!

The Shrek small plush animals were still marked 50% off but I didn't scan them to see if they went down further - meant to but got distracted!

Can someone tell me how much the hooded towels with characters on them go for?!? I was one of my local Targets and found a Dora one with no tags on it, so I asked one of the associates working the area and he walked it up front and told the girl at the register I would be coming up when I was done shopping and that the towel should be marked $2.00!!! I was very excited, because my niece LOVES Dora and I thought that was a great price, but didn't know what they were going for!!!! Also, over the last weekend, I found 9 MM's between 2 stores!!!!! :eyepoppin I am done looking for juice boxes for a little while at least!!!

Got a question for everyone to verify what a Target associate told me...

I was returning some items and when the person scanned it, she had to put a green sticker on each of the items. When I asked her what the sticker was for, she said that means Target won't allow it to be resold anymore and basically it is thrown out. She also pointed out a bunch of other stuff on a big flatbed cart that also would be thrown out. I asked if Target will allow its employees to take them or will Target donate them? She replied that Target will not give it to anyone for fear of being sued if someone got hurt from the item. All the stuff will get squashed with a compactor before going to the sanitation, so people cannot even scope out the trash area for goodies. I was astounded and she said that usually Target employees don't tell customers unless they ask. She even concurred how upsetting it is since there are tons of ppl that would be grateful for anything. She said it's even more upsetting when they do that with food!

IS THIS REALLY TRUE??? If so, it makes me think twice about buying or returning anything in the future. I'm so upset by it now. Please tell me she was either mis-informed or she was just pulling my chain since today is April Fool's Day!

----

Btw, I was at Westbury, NY Target today and Easter was totally gone. Even the Dollar spot was pretty wiped clean. And no good clearance deals at all. One of the worst deals stores I've been to in a while. I walked out without buying a SINGLE thing! And that's rare!!!

Unfortunately, that's todays world. Target can't do the nice thing and donate items, because someone will take advantage of the opportunity to turn around and sue them due to injury (whether they did get hurt or they faked it). From a business standpoint, Target has made the right decision.

Same reason restaurants can't donate leftover foods at the end of the day -- if someone who eats it gets sick, they can sue the restaurant. It's a risk businesses can't take.

Can someone tell me how much the hooded towels with characters on them go for?!? I was one of my local Targets and found a Dora one with no tags on it, so I asked one of the associates working the area and he walked it up front and told the girl at the register I would be coming up when I was done shopping and that the towel should be marked $2.00!!! I was very excited, because my niece LOVES Dora and I thought that was a great price, but didn't know what they were going for!!!! Also, over the last weekend, I found 9 MM's between 2 stores!!!!! :eyepoppin I am done looking for juice boxes for a little while at least!!!

they were originally $10 or $12, either way you got a deal!

Greenmount rd. was marking down pharmacy and resetting the whole automotive section today while I was there.

I picked up 2 pack of Olay body wash for $2.48 (50%)

Travel Coffee mugs $2.48 and $4.98 (50%)

Also, the dollar spot had "Cars" socks for toddler and infant. (We're having a "Cars" party and my 3 yr. old thought these were "the bestest".

Also noticed a lot of girl toys in the toy clearance section (cabbage patch, barbie, dora, etc.)

yes, the Shrek figurines have been $1.24 which is 75% off at my store for over a week or two now. They still had plenty left on Sunday. Wish we had a Shrek party coming up - they'd be great for favors!

The Shrek small plush animals were still marked 50% off but I didn't scan them to see if they went down further - meant to but got distracted!

I know there can be variances in pricing at different stores, but my Targets show the $1.25 price to be equal to 50%. Strange...

Unfortunately, that's todays world. Target can't do the nice thing and donate items, because someone will take advantage of the opportunity to turn around and sue them due to injury (whether they did get hurt or they faked it). From a business standpoint, Target has made the right decision.

Same reason restaurants can't donate leftover foods at the end of the day -- if someone who eats it gets sick, they can sue the restaurant. It's a risk businesses can't take.

From my understanding...the donating store (food wise) cannot be sued. I don't know about restaurants.

I work at a uniform company now and they do the same thing.

I can understand why they wouldn't want a uniform donated....that could be used criminally.

The US has some crazy practices.

I did find 1 MM today! woohoo Has anyone seen Finding Nemo paper goods??

Edited by Mommy2Four

When I got my receipt today at Target, I got a printed register receipt... $1 off any Tide Detergent. As they are clearance (only 30% right now so I'll wait as they have 30+ of them) is there anywhere I can find a tide coupon to add to the Target coupon? Printable at least? Of course I didn't clip any coupons in the last couple of weeks for tide in my Sunday paper.

Oh, I also bought that MP3 player today. They had 4 in the clearance section. $12.48 and I was able to use my $5 off of $25 coupon... As I also found a bike on clearance for $7.54! WOW. 18" boys bike

Were the they the boyz or the prosti-tots?

LOL

I have seen the boys & the prosti-tots both. But mainly the boys.

I babysit my niece & she brings those trashy things (and their horrible movies) over to my house almost everyday :yuck:. If I ever had a girl she surely wouldn't be playing with those.