Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

No, but I sure would like to! So far only the St. Patrick's day stuff is 75%. The rest is still 50%. I am hoping tomorrow, but not counting on it.

I couldn't find the St Patty's day stuff or any of the wrapping paper stuff that was there a week ago (I really don't think it sold out here) I really wanted the open pub sign....Oh well, maybe they moved it down an aisle????

I couldn't find the St Patty's day stuff or any of the wrapping paper stuff that was there a week ago (I really don't think it sold out here) I really wanted the open pub sign....Oh well, maybe they moved it down an aisle????

Sorry, I meant the dollar spot St. Patty's day stuff. But the regular St. Patty's day stuff was also 75% I think. It was consolidated with the wedding, kids crafts, and wrapping paper in the store where I noticed it. They might have salvaged it at your store. Or it might just show up again. A couple of stores had put clearance in a regular aisle in the stationery section, so you might check...

I had a great night. They took my expired candy coupons!!

I also got the free Kandoos, bunny cake pan, t shirts, Elmo easter set of stuffed animals, 2 cook books $3.25 ( wish I knew what the actual reg. price was). I should have tried the $5 toy coupon, but $ 3.25 for Elmo was great. Didn't want to push my luck. I also set aside baskets & rabbits & cloths to go back for on Sunday for 90%! Hope they are still there since some of what I found were things someone else had scattered where they did not belong.:D

HELP! I still haven't figured out what the Oreo's look like that everyone is buying. :confused:

They are bags of 18 mini oreo packs with a big bunny standing on the left front, holding an egg. Blue, green & white packaging. They also have teddy grahams in the same type packaging.

Sorry, I meant the dollar spot St. Patty's day stuff. But the regular St. Patty's day stuff was also 75% I think. It was consolidated with the wedding, kids crafts, and wrapping paper in the store where I noticed it. They might have salvaged it at your store. Or it might just show up again. A couple of stores had put clearance in a regular aisle in the stationery section, so you might check...

I think I will look again, it seemed weird, they always have at least one clearance end cap (still looking for the speed racer GC, they weren't out here yet) in the giftwrap area

Edited by Stowasser

Our store was 75% off. Got 2 Soccer girl easter baskets. It had a soccer ball,water bottle,jump rope,air pump and a little candy for $3.74. Oreos were $.64; the round serving tray;plastic ponyville easter eggs with ponies in them; lps 4 figures;toddler tees and capris;baby 2 piece onesie and pants and pokieman cards.

My soccer girl basket had a camera instead of the air pump...hummmm....

I had a great night. They took my expired candy coupons!!

I also got the free Kandoos, bunny cake pan, t shirts, Elmo easter set of stuffed animals, 2 cook books $3.25 ( wish I knew what the actual reg. price was). I should have tried the $5 toy coupon, but $ 3.25 for Elmo was great. Didn't want to push my luck. I also set aside baskets & rabbits & cloths to go back for on Sunday for 90%! Hope they are still there since some of what I found were things someone else had scattered where they did not belong.:D

Free Kandoos???!!! How?? Ours are just on sale like 1.98. The refill packs are not on sale. I could use these!

just an fyi for when you can't find the mm deal, I was reluctant to try the Target brand of the Capri-Sun drinks but I picked up 1 pack ($1.50) and now my dd asks for the red juice (the container's top half is red) meaning the Target Capri-Sun and NOT the real Capri-Sun. She loves the fruit punch one.

Is the Target brand juice clear like Capri-Sun. To tell the truth, that's the only reason I prefer Capri-Sun over the others: clear liquid means less chance of mess. DD is 9, but still pretty careless when it comes to stuff like that.

Okay, sorry for doing a bunch of posts in a row, but just got back from my all day trek to several stores. DH stayed home with the little one who is on spring break to do fun stuff with him, so I had freedom!

Anyway, had to share my freakish experience! I was in a store that I go to only a few times a year and I kept feeling like the security guy was following me around. :gdparanoid::gdparanoid: It was weird. I felt like I was going to get in trouble for doing something wrong even though I wasn't doing anything. :eyepoppin I was, however, wandering around looking to see if I could uncover anyone's Easter stash. I know the good hiding places, and I did find some goodies. :razz:

Well, as I was walking around, I thought I was seeing a lot more than the usual number of security guys. I was squatting down to look at something on the bottom shelf of one aisle, and one of them was squatting down by the end cap and looking down the row like he was trying not to be seen. That REALLY freaked me out! :eek::shock: Then I see some of them running through the aisles and doing the squat and peek thing. So I kept browsing around and finally saw a group of like 4 guards walking down the main aisle and asked if something was going on. Turned out they were having some sort of final training test for some certification!! :rolleyes:

OMG, I saw the security guard acting weird today too, walking through the main isle and just being super alert, as I had just finished stashing some candy for 90% I thought "crap, they see me hiding stuff all the time, they're on to me" :gdparanoid::D but maybe they were doing the same training. Oh, and post away as much as you want, I've saved alot of money by reading others great finds.:cheesy::cool:

I had a somewhat good and bad day today. Was walking to Target in Riverdale, NY (in the Bronx) and got EGG-ed by someone from one of the highrisers. Totally upset me! :(

After getting to Target and cleaning up the mess, I did manage to still a decent bit of Easter stuff consolidated into 2 shelves.

Easter Grass 0.07

Peeps Chick & Rabbit Small Stuffies 1.24

Easter Toy with lots of pins where you put your hand and move it and makes an impression of your hand 1.24

Ladybug Plush Basket 2.49 (almost got it at 50% off..grabbed the last one)

Large Metal Chiyo Basket 1.99

Spring Flowers Garland 1.99

Star Wars Egg Dye Kit .74

Last bag of Candy Corn .50

Wilton White Cookie Writing .99

Wilton Multicolor Sugar Sprinkles 1.24

Wilton Confetti .74

Easter Infant Onesies .99

Easter Infant Tees .99

Easter Infant Capris 1.49

From the Dollar Spot St. Patty's 75% off:

Green sparkly hat .25

Green clover tie .25

Green feather boa .25

From the Dollar Spot Easter 50% off only still!!!

Plush Flower .50 (came in Red, Pink, Blue, & Purple) absolutely adorable..makes for a great fake vase of flowers that never wilt! It looks like sunflowers with smiley faces.

Also could not find any Speed Racer gift cards :( the slot was empty...but I did find one Nighty Night Light Gift Card. It's pretty cool, it looks like a gift card with two prongs for you to plug into the outlet and it lights up :)

I hope there will be some left for Dollar Spot Easter when it goes 75% as there were other stuff I'd like to pick up but didn't think worth it at 50%. Of course none necessary LOL :tongue1:

I had a pretty good day at our target yesterday. I ran in before a dr's appt and actually was late for my appt. DARN TARGET! They suck me in every time. LOL

I nabbed:

two small metal baskets, small enough to do a floral arrangement in for dd's tea party in sept for .49

cherry m&ms 1.07 a bag, I think

jelly beans .49

matchbox cars in eggs

hotwheels 5 pack 1.25 i think

easter place cards with floral print .49 Ithink (for dd's tea party)

disney princess treat containers(these are small like for a few candies) 3pack .49(dd's teaparty)

3 black & decker toasters reg. 17.99 for 4.49 each

2 sewing machines: these must have been displays and were marked 85% off: Shark euro Pro reg. 299.xx for 37.xx and another shark euro pro was 149.xx for 18.74. the 37.xx one is missing the power cord with pedal attachment and seems to be missing a small cover that goes under the foot to cover the bobbin, otherwise looks good, and the other one for 18.74 had its cord, but looks to be missing the foot and needle and is also missing the front removeable section that goes on the bottom front corner that holds the bobbins, etc(kwim?). I left them there at first, checked out and left target. Told dh about them on my way to my appt and he told me to go back and buy them. So I did. The lady checking me out told me to take them to a sewing machine repair place there and they would probably be able to check them out and order any missing parts. So, I will have them checked first to see if they are in working condition and if parts can be ordered. If they are going to cost too much to fix in the end..then I'll just return them..I'm not spending 100.00 on the cheaper one when it was 149.xx originally. Now I MIGHT spend up to that for the 299.xx one though..its really nice with the computerized screen on it. anyone know if manuals can be still got for these anywhere?

I have a question.. we are remodeling my son's room and the new theme is monkey/surf/jungle. Someone told me that Target has some monkey/jungle stuff in their $1/$2.50 area. I was wondering if they were referring to the Dollar Spot? Also can anyone confirm this? If so, was it extremely cute? I live an hour away from the nearest Target so I would like to know before I make the trip all the way there... THANKS!!

I have a question.. we are remodeling my son's room and the new theme is monkey/surf/jungle. Someone told me that Target has some monkey/jungle stuff in their $1/$2.50 area. I was wondering if they were referring to the Dollar Spot? Also can anyone confirm this? If so, was it extremely cute? I live an hour away from the nearest Target so I would like to know before I make the trip all the way there... THANKS!!

Yes they are in the dollar spot area and some are really cute - also they just got new monkey and beach themed kitchen and bath and bedroom items in, displays in my store were just set up yesterday on endcaps and they have really cute stuff there but some of it is really pricey.

Yes they are in the dollar spot area and some are really cute - also they just got new monkey and beach themed kitchen and bath and bedroom items in, displays in my store were just set up yesterday on endcaps and they have really cute stuff there but some of it is really pricey.

I know this is asking a lot but if someone has a camera phone in which they can download pics to the computer, I would love for someone to take a picture of the monkey/jungle dollar spot stuff or if you have bought or are going to buy some for yourself. I just don't want to drive an hour and find it doesn't really work with our theme. PM me if you could possibly do this for me. THANKS A MILLION!!

Thanks for the heads up on the Mr. Potato Head Transformer. I found one last night for $2.50. Found the 4 piece Thomas set!! My son was sooo happy I hadn't found him at 50% so was really happy to find him at 75% he was setting in a cart of returns. Thats always where I find my best deals. Also got the spiderman easter basket for my son to use this halloween. There were quite a few that were not Easter looking that would be good for Halloween!

I had to share this bargin....I was perusing the vacuums and had to pass by the Dysons for my weekly visit....

I keep looking and spot one of the Dysons further down the row, alone, and looking a bit desheveled. I found a salesguy and asked him about the vacuum. He told me they weren't going to carry this one any longer and it was the last one, floor model.

http://www.target.com/Dyson-DC07-All-Floors-Vacuum/dp/B000079R7E/sr=1-17/qid=1206719546/ref=sr_1_17/601-6610812-6109750?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k%3Adyson&page=1

He gave it to me for $ 99.xx! That went into my cart so fast....who woulda thought I'd get excited over a vacuum!

Good shopping day! Got some assorted easter stuff...found the pokemon card set and my ds was thrilled. Also picked up the spongebob fusion player at 75% off (19.99). They also had the spongebob fission and the NBB ones for 75% off. Tinkerbell was still 50% off. Those big playdough sets were down to 4.98 (75% off) and there were a ton of them! Also the moon sand sets, some hannah montana toys, and some spiderman action figures were marked down as well. The dollar spot went 75% off here (Columbus, OH) today.

I finally made it to Target today w/o the kiddos! They have moved all the stuff to one side of one aisle and there is still a ton there! Here is what i picked up...

2 pair toddler capris (5T) $1.49 each

2 matching tops (5T) $.74 each

3 size small easter tops (butterfly, princess, and flower themes) $1.25 each

3 size large easter tops (same as above ) $1.25 each

Scunci hair gift set $1.24 (this does NOT look Easter or say Easter - the hair items are in a clear flower case and they are pastel in color)

Burts Bees shimmer lip gloss (1.24 - again, doesn't say easter says something like A Treat for you)

Pokemon 3D puzzles - $.74 each

2 cute manicure/pedicure kits (these are in the $ section - $1 each)

Ballerina basket - cute basket that looks like a tutu - i'm going to use it in my youngest daughters' room to hold her hair stuff!! - $3

Easter Basket set of sesame street characters 6 plush dolls - $3.74

2 CUTE pink and light pink checkered picture frames - $1.75 ( i think or it could have been $1.25)

To the poster who is doing a monkey themed room - they have some cute plush monkey Easter baskets!! You could even cut off the handles and use them to hold all sorts of stuff - even pencils and crayons!!