Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

What are the Target points on the card good for?

1000 points gets you a 10% shopping day. They send you a little card that they scan at checkout, and you get 10% off everything. I like to use these for the big toy clearance and sometimes for the holiday clearance days if I am not going to need it another time. I get them like clockwork, so I plan around them.

That is crazy, you've never gotten the 10% discount card??? They automatically send out the card when you reach 1000 pts, and keep doing so every month you have enough pts. I did find out in my second month of having the card that non-Target purchases are only counted as 1pt for every $2 spent. I purchased some Walt Disney World tickets using the Target Visa thinking I should get another 10% card the next month but found out I was getting only half the pts I thought I would.

I'm shopping at Target way too much. I've gotten 5 discount cards since July, and most of my points came from Target purchases!

No, no. I get the 10% cards regularly. I don't get the other coupons that she mentioned. Like $5 off an XX purchase, etc.

No, no. I get the 10% cards regularly. I don't get the other coupons that she mentioned. Like $5 off an XX purchase, etc.

Those may be regional. I have found my coupons like that on the Target catalogs that occasionally come in the mail. Sometimes they come without coupons, sometimes with so I am never sure if they come off in the mail process as they are usually on the outside.

Otherwise I have received clipless coupons but nothing else. Now clipless has stopped also.

Maybe I need to explain the $10 coupons a bit more in case you might have missed them. When you have the Target Visa (at least for me!) they send you out these full-color glossy magazine sized ad books about 4-6 times per year, usually advertising their latest line-up of seasonal merchandise or a new style line, etc. (It is a total waste of paper!) Then, usually on the back cover, there is a cleverly placed card that you tear or peel off and it is normally for $10 off a $100 purchase. At Christmas I'm pretty sure it was $25 off of a $200 purchase! Sometimes it will specify $10 off $100 purchase in "housewares" or something like that, but I have tried and every time the $10 off works no matter what section I buy my stuff from, as long as the total of my whole order is $100 or more. Since I'm already buying a lot on these certain days to use my 10% off card, it is never a problem to reach $100, so then I basically get another 10% off on top of my 10%! Just make sure you never throw out any of your glossy book mailers from them without first checking for this peel off/tear off card. Ocassionally a mailer will not have a card on it, but usually they do. I know I am not the only person who gets these as I've seen others using them at checkout. If memory serves me, the majority came in the Fall last year. Of course I have had the Target Visa for a long time, so they have had plenty of time to "profile" me and so maybe some of the coupons get generated from that...??

Went to target today to get a couple items for my son for his report and walked out with the Copper Fire Bowl for $22.48 (reg. 89.99) and a three burner stainless steel gas grill for $49.98 (reg. 199.99)! There were a lot of items being marked down. I wish I had more time to look around but I had to get home.

Maybe I need to explain the $10 coupons a bit more in case you might have missed them. When you have the Target Visa (at least for me!) they send you out these full-color glossy magazine sized ad books about 4-6 times per year, usually advertising their latest line-up of seasonal merchandise or a new style line, etc. (It is a total waste of paper!) Then, usually on the back cover, there is a cleverly placed card that you tear or peel off and it is normally for $10 off a $100 purchase.

That is exactly what I receive. However, as I mentioned, occasionally no coupon...not sure if someone else decided they needed it more or there just wasn't one.

I went to target today and got two of those disney globe puzzles which were NOF and then with teh telzon was 7.48 each, thanks...

And I got roman shades for 75% I got mostly red/burg and then 1 creamish color...

I went for the portable dvd player on sale this week they had none but I got a rain check.

Maybe I need to explain the $10 coupons a bit more in case you might have missed them. When you have the Target Visa (at least for me!) they send you out these full-color glossy magazine sized ad books about 4-6 times per year, usually advertising their latest line-up of seasonal merchandise or a new style line, etc. (It is a total waste of paper!) Then, usually on the back cover, there is a cleverly placed card that you tear or peel off and it is normally for $10 off a $100 purchase. At Christmas I'm pretty sure it was $25 off of a $200 purchase! Sometimes it will specify $10 off $100 purchase in "housewares" or something like that, but I have tried and every time the $10 off works no matter what section I buy my stuff from, as long as the total of my whole order is $100 or more. Since I'm already buying a lot on these certain days to use my 10% off card, it is never a problem to reach $100, so then I basically get another 10% off on top of my 10%! Just make sure you never throw out any of your glossy book mailers from them without first checking for this peel off/tear off card. Ocassionally a mailer will not have a card on it, but usually they do. I know I am not the only person who gets these as I've seen others using them at checkout. If memory serves me, the majority came in the Fall last year. Of course I have had the Target Visa for a long time, so they have had plenty of time to "profile" me and so maybe some of the coupons get generated from that...??

Ah, I have gotten those before, but it was before I got the card. I got them because I had placed online orders. Haven't seen them in a long time, though.

If anyone finds any of the scrapbook paper or stickers by Marcella K in the cupcake line - will you please grab them for me!! Long shot, I know but I am desperate for them for my daughter's birthday party!! I can send payment and shipping to you immediately!!

Thank you!

Tammy:)

I am too lazy to scroll back 50 pages to figure out who was looking for the POC cd player chest....My brother in law apparently moved all his cd's onto MP3 and doesn't have a need for it, so i wanted to find that person who had wanted it! Anyone remember who it was?

I did a search and it was amberleigh2. If she has found one, and it needs a home, let me know, my daughter would love it. We saw them at full price but when they went clearance of course we couldn't find them.

Wow, I'm not getting any of these. The little adverts that come with my bill never have coupons, I don't get the glossy magazine, and I don't get the $ off coupons. I only get the register coupons occassionally that come out after my receipt.

Went to target today to get a couple items for my son for his report and walked out with the Copper Fire Bowl for $22.48 (reg. 89.99) and a three burner stainless steel gas grill for $49.98 (reg. 199.99)! There were a lot of items being marked down. I wish I had more time to look around but I had to get home.

Can you tell me what is the brand of the grill? I have been looking at this one grill at target forever. Do you mind giving me the DCPI number?

Thanks.

B

It was a Memorex 8.5 inch swivel portable dvd player. The DPCI is 057150008.

I finally found the Memorex portable DVD player today! :) I checked 3 other Targets and no luck at those places. I saw one Memorex 8.5 swivel screen box behind the glass and asked the sales associate to unlock the cabinet so I could scan the box. There were no clearance stickers on it or anything. It came up as $79.98 and I was SO excited! I had called this store yesterday and gave them the DCPI from above and they said they didn't have any. I was in the neighborhood this morning and decided to check anyhow and there it was! There are two different numbers on the bottom of the box....none of them match the DPCI of 057150008. Which one is the DPCI number...the white sticker with the barcode or the barcode that is actually printed on the box? If anyone wants these numbers to call your target, let me know.

Thank you SO much for the tip on the fire bowl. I've been wanting one of those forever and had my eye on that one at my Target. As of just 2 days ago, it was still scanning at $62.xx. I decided to stop by today since this is lawn and garden markdown day. I really wasn't expecting it to drop all the way down to $22, so when I scanned it and it did, I almost did a happy dance in the aisle. There were 2 left and I called one of my friends and she drove over and bought the other one. I wanted to add: Before I left, I checked the availability using the ASIN on target's website. It showed "limited availability". Of course my friend and I bought the last 2 on the floor and I checked the target's site again when I got home to see how accurate it was and it showed "out of stock" So, it was very accurate in this case and updated almost immediately. (in case anyone cares, lol)

While there, I also saw, but did not buy some large gas grill covers in the $3-$4 range, and a small portable gas grill (would be great for camping or tailgate parties, etc) for $4.xx.

I saw the Memorex 8.5" dvd players as well. I dont need one, but scanned it anyhow and it was still $79 here.

I finally found the Memorex portable DVD player today! :) I checked 3 other Targets and no luck at those places. I saw one Memorex 8.5 swivel screen box behind the glass and asked the sales associate to unlock the cabinet so I could scan the box. There were no clearance stickers on it or anything. It came up as $79.98 and I was SO excited! I had called this store yesterday and gave them the DCPI from above and they said they didn't have any. I was in the neighborhood this morning and decided to check anyhow and there it was! There are two different numbers on the bottom of the box....none of them match the DPCI of 057150008. Which one is the DPCI number...the white sticker with the barcode or the barcode that is actually printed on the box? If anyone wants these numbers to call your target, let me know.

Congrats on getting the DVD player! :)

The DPCI number is a number Target assigns to their items that is separate from the UPC on merchandise. This number should show up at on your receipt. (Hopefully I didn't have a typo on the number.)

Congrats on getting the DVD player! :)

The DPCI number is a number Target assigns to their items that is separate from the UPC on merchandise. This number should show up at on your receipt. (Hopefully I didn't have a typo on the number.)

Oh...I'm so sorry everyone! The DPCI that was originally posted for the DVD player was correct. I had no idea that it was the numbers on the receipt. I thought it was the numbers on the barcode or something. I feel like a dummy now.

afrey66 - I wasn't trying to imply that your DPCI was wrong. :( I was just noting that the numbers on my box were different than the numbers you posted. Apparently I am the person that's totally wrong!!

Anyhow, just wanted to thank everyone on this board about letting me know about this DVD player. I would've NEVER known how cheap it was without you guys. My son is going to love it!!

Oh...I'm so sorry everyone! The DPCI that was originally posted for the DVD player was correct. I had no idea that it was the numbers on the receipt. I thought it was the numbers on the barcode or something. I feel like a dummy now.

afrey66 - I wasn't trying to imply that your DPCI was wrong. :( I was just noting that the numbers on my box were different than the numbers you posted. Apparently I am the person that's totally wrong!!

Anyhow, just wanted to thank everyone on this board about letting me know about this DVD player. I would've NEVER known how cheap it was without you guys. My son is going to love it!!

I didn't take it that way at all. :) No harm, no foul. ;)

PS - You are by no means a dummy....just a newbie. :)

Wow, I'm not getting any of these. The little adverts that come with my bill never have coupons, I don't get the glossy magazine, and I don't get the $ off coupons. I only get the register coupons occassionally that come out after my receipt.

now that is REALLY interesting, because not once in over 8 years of frequent Target shopping has a coupon ever come out with my receipt! All I get on receipts are ads saying I can enter a contest if I answer a survey...

I also never get coupons/promotions in with my Visa bill - the best coupons I get are either the kind on the glossy books (usually $10) or the kind that come printed on cardstock and stuffed into a 4x6ish cardstock mailer. Like someone else said, I also used to get big sheets of perforated coupons, which then turned into the clipless coupon card, but both of those have stopped recently...

Here's another factoid: I own a Target card reader (that you hook to your pc) that they sent me in the mail (unsolicited) a LONG time ago - it was supposed to help you print out coupons at home like you can do in the store, as well as do other credit maintenance, etc. It was so long ago that it might have been only for the Target redcard they had before it became Target Visa - I can't recall. Now that I remembered I still have it, I'm curious to finally open the box and see what it does, if anything! Anyone else have one of these?

what I REALLY want is an at-home DPCI checker, lol!!! :)

Here's another factoid: I own a Target card reader (that you hook to your pc) that they sent me in the mail (unsolicited) a LONG time ago - it was supposed to help you print out coupons at home like you can do in the store, as well as do other credit maintenance, etc. It was so long ago that it might have been only for the Target redcard they had before it became Target Visa - I can't recall. Now that I remembered I still have it, I'm curious to finally open the box and see what it does, if anything! Anyone else have one of these?

what I REALLY want is an at-home DPCI checker, lol!!! :)

LOL I have that somewhere too?

When would you think lamps and small furniture get marked down? Trying to figure out if it would be Thursday-Housewares, Decor or Tuesday - Domestics. I have my eye on a couple of mirrored lamps and small mirrored side tables, they might have been from the Shabby Chic collection, but not sure. Thanks for any help!!

:o I have been searching all over the Target website trying to find where to look up if something is available in-store. Could someone either post a direct link to one, or just give me a little guidence??? Thanks bunches :gdbouquet1:

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?field-keywords=fire+bowl&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=10&y=4&callingPage=search&asin=B000VHM92E

Here's a link to a Target online availability lookup. Be aware though that it will not work with the DPCI #. You need ot have the asin. In the web address line, at the very end delete everything after "ASIN =" and type or paste in the ASIN # for the item you're wanting to look up. Then just hit enter. It will update the web page with the item you're looking for. Then you just enter your zip code and search.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

http://www.target.com/gp/store-info/find-target-store.html?field-keywords=fire+bowl&url=index%3Dtarget&ref=sr_bx_1_1&x=10&y=4&callingPage=search&asin=B000VHM92E

Here's a link to a Target online availability lookup. Be aware though that it will not work with the DPCI #. You need ot have the asin. In the web address line, at the very end delete everything after "ASIN =" and type or paste in the ASIN # for the item you're wanting to look up. Then just hit enter. It will update the web page with the item you're looking for. Then you just enter your zip code and search.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

This is genius! Thanks for posting.