Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I went to Target at lunch specifically to see if they had marked down the portable DVD players to 75%. There were 2 left that ended up being $40.04 (orig. $159.99) each. I bought both of them. Then I returned the one I had purchased at half off last week.

I also found the large area rug to match the smaller rugs I bought on Saturday (all at 75% off). The large one (5' x 8') was originally $79.99. I got it for $19.98. Between that rug, the three smaller rugs and a medium sized rug, I was able to purchase them all for less than $50.00. woohoo

My last find was another 'Make Your Own Bolster' pillow. I had bought one the other day and really wanted a second one. I saw 3 of them in a cart of what I thought was abandoned items in the domestics section so I took one out of there. About that time, a sales lady came around the corner and boy I got a dirty look from her. She must've been saving them for herself. She didn't say a word but if looks could kill....

All in all it wasn't a bad trip and definitely not a lunchtime wasted.

They dropped the portable DVD players to $40!!!! OMG...yeah, now i have to run to Target tomorrow AGAIN...didnt even think to look when i was there today :no:

this is a bit OT, but if anyone is still looking for the Easy Link extra keys to go with their Target clearance system, I just saw the Clifford/Arthur sets for $1 at Walmart (this is mentioned elsewhere on GD). On the other hand, if you were able to get keys but not the system, they also have the full Disney Special Edition Easy link system (includes 3 characters) for $9.00 (Walmart exclusive). I'm still mad I passed up several sets of 75% off characters at Target before I knew that I'd get the system, but at least now I have some variety...

i scanned the clifford/arthur one at my walmart last friday and they were ringing up .09. i didnt know what it was but they had several.

today, got four mm. i woulda bought more if they had them. GB gone. no toy/bin things, linens pretty picked over, not much else worth mentioning.

does anyone have the info for the 10" dvd player from last weeks ad? i got a raincheck, and am now trying to contemplate between the one on sale this week, the one i have the raincheck for, and the one on clearance.

We got the one from last week and it works pretty good. My husband liked it (he's a gadget geek so approval from him means we buy!) and my son enjoyed his "Bob the builder". Loved that it came with a car adapter since the drive home is 5 hours from grandma's!

is this an aqua or a truer blue? iloved the way it looked in the ad, but no comforter is worth repainting!

just an fyi- the disney links cannot be purchased separately from the system according to fisher price.

does anyone have the info for the 10" dvd player from last weeks ad? i got a raincheck, and am now trying to contemplate between the one on sale this week, the one i have the raincheck for, and the one on clearance.

The comforter is blue & brown not aqua at all. I would suggest that you go and look at it in person and see if it matches with your decor.

They dropped the portable DVD players to $40!!!! OMG...yeah, now i have to run to Target tomorrow AGAIN...didnt even think to look when i was there today :no:

I was VERY excited to find them for this price. I had bought one for half price last week because even at $80, it was a good price. I was estatic when I found it for 75% off. :fluffy:

Wow, lucky you! My dh & I just drove all over the place today, trying to find just ONE to replace my old mp3 player and had no luck.

Anyone else still finding these? They seem to be gone in the central IL area. :(

I'll be in the metroplex on Friday....I'll try to get by a couple of Target stores while I'm there and see if I can locate any for us. ;)

Where are the portable DVD players located? I checked 2 different Targets and both only had portable Polaroid brand ones in a locked glass cabinet. I checked the aisle where the regular DVD players were, but none were portable. I really want one for a 6 hr trip we will be taking with my son. If anyone can provide the DPCI, that would be great!!

Here's some deals I got today:

Boppy Newborn Lounger - clearance $9.24 (regular $36.99)

Eddie Bauer High Chair Cover - clearance $4.12 (regular $19.99) - It came up as NOF so I went to guest services to see what the last price was since I had no idea what the original price is for this item

Speedo Infant UV hat - clearance $1.74 (regular $6.99)

Speedo Infant Beach Socks - clearance $2.48 (regular $9.99)

My first trip to Target looking for the portable DVD player. I seen the one everyone has posted about but it didn't have any type of markdown or anything on it. Is that something I should have had them scan? Edited to add all the portable dvd players were behind a locked glass cabinet.

Thanks for helping a newbie. :)

Edited by mmcswain
added more information

All the GB stuff was gone at the Target I went to today (I suspect when I go to my local one tomorrow there won't be anything there either...it sure seemed to go quick this year!)

Anyway, here are my deals (numbers off receipt)

072040362 crockpot 4.98 (not sure if was org 29.99 or 19.99, but it's good size!)

092110122 AAA car winter survival kit normally 29.98, now 6.24 (these are awesome and I bought all 3 the store had, will get more if I can find them)

those were my only clearance deals, not much else in the store...there were several blenders that were displays that were marked down and a double decker toaster oven (if I could have figured out where to put it in my kitchen, I would have gotten it)

Went today at lunch and got the following:

1 rug for bathroom - shag style with hot pink, yellow, green, and blue for 3.48 (reg 19.99)

2 curtain rods in polished nickel - 6.24 a piece (reg 24.99)

2 curtain panals by Tomas o'Brien - 7.48 a piece (reg 29.99)

1 pastel organzier - 14.99 (regular 59.99)

The Eastchase store has TONS of linens and rugs. :)

Thanks to everyone on all the tips of what to look out for cause I got some really great deals today! I had been itching to go for weeks and the wait totally paid off!

Finally found *one* Shark 80-stitch sewing machine left and scanned NIF. Thank goodness a lovely Target lady was able to scan it and confirm it was $37.94! I am so thrilled! Must've been a return because I had been looking for a while and hadn't seen them around anymore.

Then had quite a thrill in linens:

1000 thread count one pair of Ivory King pillowcases for $2.54!

230 thread count Isaac Mizrahi Full sheet set Lawn green with white polka dots to welcome spring. Very soft, even better than some of the 300 or 500 thread count! for $19.98

500 thread count Target Home Full sheet set in Ivory for $19.98 also.

The rest of the stuff:

2 Sally Hansen Diamond Nail polishes in Red Shimmer and Champagne Shimmer colors for $1.35 each.

2 Doggie polo shirts regular price $2.50 each

1 Febreze Noticables Free with Manufacturer's coupon

1 I-Dog Amp'd Pink Tattoo for $29.94 minus $5 coupon (posted GENEROUSLY by GD'er Thank you!). Made me feel better buying one to use as a speaker instead of my measly laptop speakers. Plus it is wayyyy cuter!

Also saw some Target Vision supplements for $1.74 each and 1 Schick Titanium Battery operated for 6.94.

Thank you gals & guys! Keep Perimeter Perusing! :fluffy::P

Got a ton of GB stuff on Friday when it went 75% off. It was the only day that week that I couldn't go until after work, so I was a little disappointed (they still had the leather wingback chair inthe morning for $75-$10 coupon...gone when I got there).

I have this high narrow ledge in the basement that I could never figure out what to do with. Well, 7 Target's later (yup, 7 Target's on Friday night) I picked up the Sunburst mirror ($22.50) and lots of centerpiece type things (figurals, candle holders etc) that were tall, narrow, and went with the colorscheme in the basement) and packed it full. Looks pretty cool. Spent $150 on 19 different items. Also got 2 mercury glass lamps for $17.49 each and 2 mercury glass vases for about $7/each (wife loves mercury glass and decorating 2 rooms with the stuff). So, about $200 (retail $800).

Gotta love Target seasonal clearences!

Got a ton of GB stuff on Friday when it went 75% off. It was the only day that week that I couldn't go until after work, so I was a little disappointed (they still had the leather wingback chair inthe morning for $75-$10 coupon...gone when I got there).

I have this high narrow ledge in the basement that I could never figure out what to do with. Well, 7 Target's later (yup, 7 Target's on Friday night) I picked up the Sunburst mirror ($22.50) and lots of centerpiece type things (figurals, candle holders etc) that were tall, narrow, and went with the colorscheme in the basement) and packed it full. Looks pretty cool. Spent $150 on 19 different items. Also got 2 mercury glass lamps for $17.49 each and 2 mercury glass vases for about $7/each (wife loves mercury glass and decorating 2 rooms with the stuff). So, about $200 (retail $800).

Wow! Way to go!

GB was gone at our store. I did want to say that my friend said at her store the GB stuff went 90% off. I know that has been questioned on here many times so I thought I'd let you all know. It must be a regional thing or how much is actually left.

Last night I found a set of the wall cubes from the kids stuff for $5.12. They don't match the girls color schemes but I can paint them to match. For $5 I wasn't passing them up.

WOW!! I wish I could get my husband to shop like that! :yup:

I went to Target at lunch specifically to see if they had marked down the portable DVD players to 75%. There were 2 left that ended up being $40.04 (orig. $159.99) each. I bought both of them. Then I returned the one I had purchased at half off last week.

I also found the large area rug to match the smaller rugs I bought on Saturday (all at 75% off). The large one (5' x 8') was originally $79.99. I got it for $19.98. Between that rug, the three smaller rugs and a medium sized rug, I was able to purchase them all for less than $50.00. woohoo

My last find was another 'Make Your Own Bolster' pillow. I had bought one the other day and really wanted a second one. I saw 3 of them in a cart of what I thought was abandoned items in the domestics section so I took one out of there. About that time, a sales lady came around the corner and boy I got a dirty look from her. She must've been saving them for herself. She didn't say a word but if looks could kill....

All in all it wasn't a bad trip and definitely not a lunchtime wasted.

WHICH DVD PLAYERS WERE MARKED DOWN?

I called the Exton PA store to ask about the DVD players...he said they were marked down to $78 last week, and then went back up to the original price $15x.xx this week...he said they were not clearanced any further....please post the # for the dvd player...i'd love to find it at that price...

I have not been following the thread but last week I was at my target and ran into alll kids of great buys in the home department! I got white bath towells(the real thick and long ones) with a crab embroidered on them for 2.38 so I got all they had of them! They had white towells the same kind but with purple squares on the bottom for 2.08. All the towells were orig. 9.XX A crab floor matt for 5.XX that had been 24.99, the matching shower curtain for 4.xx had been 26.00. So I was able to re do my kids bathroom for....CHEAP!!!! But my greatest purchase of the day was an oriental rug. Orig. 129.99 for 32.38!! I was soooooooooooooooo excited its 5' by 8'. Perfect for my dining room! Plus a few other decrative things like a table cloth for 4.xx was 24.xx and soooo on. But let me tell you, a year ago at this time....I couldnt stand target I thought stuff was not for me, but recently I LOVE target!

Spent some time in the Vogel Target this morning. Not sure if anyone has posted but I saw:

Radio Flyer All Terrain Wood Wagon - model #28

reg. $92.49 clearance $64.74

DPCI 082030086

Raodio Flyer Wagon Canopy - model WC-30

reg. 29.99 clearance $20.98

Does anyone know how long these have been at this price? I would like one for my girls, but I dont' want to pay that much money for them.

My Target wasnt the best today. No more GB- all patio sets and stuff in now. Scrapbook stuff same as last week still. I did find a cool gaming chair for $10 instead of $40- going to put it up for easter egg hunt prize (yes, my son is getting a little old for it, but too bad- I dont have little kids!) Other than that, not much exciting stuff. Still had hte listerine strips at 17.50 and didnt want to pay that much. Had lots of snow shovels on clearance