Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Sorry for the long post. :gdsorry:

I faired pretty well yesterday.

I didn't get the Margarator for 75% off. I figured I would miss out since I wasn't able to get to the Target first thing in the AM like I had wanted. Oh well, wasn't meant to be.

I did get a bunch of Valentine's Day items. My DD starts school in August and I probably bought enough Valentine's for her to give out for a few years. lol At $1 a box, I thought it was worth stocking up. I found a cute T-Shirt for her to wear next year. This woman was not letting anyone look at the T's and the VDay towels, etc. She totally blocked that section. She seemed a little annoyed when I started reaching over her (I did say excuse me...lol). She had put a T-Shirt down that I had wanted. She must've seen me looking at it to check the size and she snatched it back up. Ohhhh, I wanted to :gdgirlfight3ol:. I felt a little naughty because I kept thinking if she puts that shirt down, I'm taking it! :evilb: And this sounds bad but I would've taken it not only because I wanted it but also because she was being rude. (I feel like I'm going to confession right now...lol)

There was another nice lady looking at the pocket puppy things. I had only found one but she had found 3 and 2 that were different from the ones that I had. She was sweet and shared with me. :gdthankyou: to her if she's on this board (even if she's not).

I also got some misc. VDay towels and stuff. I found a cute set of washcloths for my daughter's bathroom. I'll keep them on the sink for her to use instead of my hand towels. :g_doh: Do any other kiddos do this or just mine??? There are other washcloths available but she seems to always want to use the hand towels. Anyway, she was excited that her washcloths to wash her face and hands have hearts on them. Maybe this will resolve the issue.

I was only able to stop at one other Target as I had my DD without a nap and my great-niece with me (taking care of her this weekend). Not to mention is was cold and rainy.

The second stop was worth the trip. I found two of the VDay Play-Doh sets. I'll split one package up between daughter, Goddaughter and niece. The other I will save for VDay for my daughter's kindergarten class. (I'm thinking it'll last as long as it all stays sealed?? Any opinions??) Between the BF sales at Target, the after Christmas sales and Target and this, my daughter has enough PD until she graduates college. :) I did buy some other misc. VDay items. My dog is set with chewies for awhile and the kitties will like their new VDay balls. :)

I did hit the mother load with the Dirt Devil items (one of the things for which I was on a hunt yesterday). The Target closet to me had the Broom Vacs and the Kurv hand helds regular price when I was in there the day before. I decided I was going to buy one regardless (even at regular price) and then see if they had any left when they finally put them on clearance. They had moved them to a clearance endcap. I thought oh cool, I'll at least I'll get it for 30% off. I am happy to report that they went from regular price to 75% off!!!!!!! (They were not ticketed....just set on the end cap). I bought the broom vac AND the Kurv....each were $12.48. :2woot::2woot: I bought a set for my friend and broom vac for my nephew as well. There were a few left so I told a few ladies (after I loaded up my cart, of course) that were in the area. They were pretty happy that I shared the deal. It made me feel good to help out other ladies (even though I didn't tell them until after I had picked out what I wanted :rolleyes:.)

I'm still on the hunt for the LPS Valentine's Day (I'll have to check the toy section). I would like to get a Margarator but I can live if I don't. Maybe it'll be like the roaster and I'll find it down the road.

The Kurv was 12.00???? Did you happen to notice the colours that were on clearance.

I have one that I paid 50.00 for ....BUT I love this little vacuum!

The Kurv was 12.00???? Did you happen to notice the colours that were on clearance.

I'm sorry, I didn't notice the colors. I haven't opened mine yet. But yes, I bought 2 of them at $12.48 each.

The broom vacs were the silver and the aqua looking color.

went today and picked up some v-day stuff, mlp for $3, cupcake holders for .99, shirt for $2...our big find was the my little pony backpack which has sat on clearance for 30% forever...and i just kept telling my DD to wait it out (she wasn't as calm as i was)...it was marked $11.98 (had been $8 at another store)...scanned it and it came up $3.98! She looked at me hopefully and i was like *nodd* 75% off...it's a go! she was so :D Also found a great hello kitty sleepover bag that came up "item not found" but the cashier refused to give it to us for anything less than the stupid ticket price!!! Needless to say we did not get it.

Took DM & DS to Target with me today, DS started down the front isle and DM said oh! no, she shops the back isle first. :D DS asked why and before I could answer DM said because that's where the deals are! She's learning.

Found a couple things, 2 baby onesies for .25 each, few Vday clearance items, Physican Formula makeup reg $6.99 clearance $4.69 would have waited but they only had one of the concealers I needed.

Saw a crushed up box with a pack n play, it had a line through the bar code, just knew I found a return and it would be clearance price - drug it over to and lifted it up to scan it $109.99!

Full price. :shock: I really wanted one for my new grandchild on the way. Oh, well maybe in June when they do the next clearance.

If you really think it was part of the clearance that went 75% off it is worth talking to someone about it. They should give it to you for the 75% off plus they may add extra since it is an "as is" item.

I may be going back to my target I have really wanted the Margarator and all they have is one out of the box without the book (I assume as I didn't see it sitting near it) and it is 59.99!!! I may go back and ask them about it being 24.xx on clearance plus an extra amount off as per policy on opened items. I just hope I can get instructions from the company or something.

If you really think it was part of the clearance that went 75% off it is worth talking to someone about it. They should give it to you for the 75% off plus they may add extra since it is an "as is" item.

I may be going back to my target I have really wanted the Margarator and all they have is one out of the box without the book (I assume as I didn't see it sitting near it) and it is 59.99!!! I may go back and ask them about it being 24.xx on clearance plus an extra amount off as per policy on opened items. I just hope I can get instructions from the company or something.

I found a display Margarator with a tag that said $49.99. I put in the DPCI in the scanner and it came up $24.98. I then took it to Customer Service and said that I knew the boxed Margarators had gone down to $24.98 and wasn't it Target's policy to mark the displays 30%off. He gave it to me for $17.48. I haven't been able to find the instructions on the internet for it yet. I hope I can although I read somewhere that it wasn't too difficult to figure out....

At our store it is the maroon one. I have only seen them at one store so far. Ours are still at $34.98, and I am thinking I won't get one as there are only 2 left.

I found a display Margarator with a tag that said $49.99. I put in the DPCI in the scanner and it came up $24.98. I then took it to Customer Service and said that I knew the boxed Margarators had gone down to $24.98 and wasn't it Target's policy to mark the displays 30%off. He gave it to me for $17.48. I haven't been able to find the instructions on the internet for it yet. I hope I can although I read somewhere that it wasn't too difficult to figure out....

Thanks let me know if you are able to get instructions...

I was able to get the Shutterfly $20 gift card today for 50% off! It was by the Valentine's stuff. It has hearts all over it. It rung up at $20, but I told the cashier where it was. She asked a manager who gave it the go ahead to mark it down to $10! Yeah! :D

omg i went to my Target and the manager wouldnt do it...said it was "getting money for free" and the other manager that came up with him said to me that if they marked it half off then it would only be worth half off at Shutterfly!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Went yesterday morning. Lately I have been addicted to the Reese's 100 caloried packs - normally 2.50 for a 7-pack. They had them in a variety 14-pack for Valentines for $1.99 (after 50%), so I picked up all 6. Now I can share with the kids.:blush: I was hoping to pick up some stuff for party bags at 75%, but things seemed to be going fast so I got some at 50%. There was still a lot of stuff left that may be worth 75% so I might go back monday. I had my hands on a hello kitty pez tin but I couldn't pay $5 for it.:no:

I wanted to get 1 more twin quilt for 7.48 and there was 1 left, Yea!

Maybe someone will help you out and copy their instructions for you

Went on Wed night & found an 8 inch Kodak Digital Picture Frame $69.98 (org 139.99) I had not seen it there before so my guess was it was a return or something so I snatched it up 50% is good enough for me! It is really nice it even can play music & video!

I'm a newbie here.

But, for those of you that got the display of the margarator, I also did also. The company emailed me the directions and I would be happy to forward them to you if you would like. Just let me know what your email is and I'll send them your way.

I would recommend testing out your margarator though. I followed the directions exactly and used just ice and water to make sure it worked. After running it for nearly 20 minutes, I still had whole ice cubes. No slush at all. The only thing that came out of the spout was cold water. I returned mine. Hopefully I just got a bad one and other people have better luck. But definitely test it out.

Lisa

Our Target had lots of Vday still 50% yesterday. There were some silver heart platters and frames that I am bought for a bridal shower.

Can you price adjust when it goes to 75%?

No they will not price adjust clearance items. with most clearance if you find it later for 75% off you can rebuy and return with the more expensive receipt however, seasonal is normally different and in some stores if you try to return it will be returned at the current price, not necessarily what you paid for it. This is YMMV because some people have had luck doing so with seasonal items.

I had a great trip tonight. For the first time ever(for me) I had the cashier tell me to name my price, I scored one of the Vtech kids digital cameras that everyone got on Christmas clearance,it scanned INF and he gave it to me for $5. I also got a Dyson DC14 for $229(reg $459), I did the happy dance all the way home.

another awesome find on that camera - way to go! :)

Very new to the site but have been reading up.I am in central florida, Orlando/ Osceola area. The South Orlando Target I went to after work on Friday had all of there self scanners out of service ( 5:30- 6:45pm), but things were pretty close to what I read.

50% off v-day. Things looked a little picked through and there were tons of people there which made it more of a pain to manuerver through,than anything else. The best sell was on m&m's and there were a other things left but a lot of the cuter vday decorations were not on sale, or were damaged goods.

Global Bazzar was 30 percent off. I grabbed the green and brown vase 19.99 for $13.99 because it goes with my living room. waiting to see if some of the other green colored stuff doesn't go down in price.

Dog Clothes were on clearance. Cute shirts, sun dresses and swimsuits all for 3.99 regularly 9.99.(limited sizes). I got my dog a t-shirt and a bikini. lol.

Picked up the Eucerin lotion pack in the lotion bath beauty area. Advertised for 9.99 but on sale for 6.98. This lotion is wonderful for dry skin, or to help treat excema, or other dry skin ailments.

They had picture frames on clearance for 75% off but most of the good ones were taken, a there was shatted glass.

Henkle Knives on sales. Great knives I own a set. It looked like single knives where about 30% off.

yeah me too there was a 26 dollar green vase I wanted but I'm waiting to see if it goes down to 50% off.

a few of the things I saw on targets website were not at the store I went

The Target ad today shows the GB at 50% off.

It went 50% off at my Target last Thursday. so I'm hoping for 75% sometime this week.

omg i went to my Target and the manager wouldnt do it...said it was "getting money for free" and the other manager that came up with him said to me that if they marked it half off then it would only be worth half off at Shutterfly!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I added the GC today to my shutterfly acct, and they show up at the full $20. That stinks that they didn't give it to you. I looked for them at a different Target today, but they didn't have any left. The lady resetting the Valentine isle said that they were all gone the day after Valentine's Day. :(