Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Interesting. I didn't even look at them, but I had noticed they weren't selling well. I thought that was interesting, because I thought they were popular. I noticed they had a charms set in the Easter stuff. I think it was in the $6 range.

I bought a set today, but they are going back. My daughter decided she didn't want them.

They were reg 12.xx. I looked at them before Valentine's Day and couldn't believe they were so high.

I bought 2 today also but was surprised at the $3.58 it rang up. My grandgirls loves little doggies so I went ahead and bought them but there is no way I would have paid 12.xx for them.

By any chance was there a lady in the Avon, IN Target today looking through the V-Day stuff talking to her daughter. I am not sure of the daughters age but was sitting in the cart eating popcorn. You kept saying something like "do you thiknk Aliza would like this?" You mentioned party favors too. You told your daughter at some point that someone was getting a refill for her.

If so I almost asked you if you knew about this website but chickened out and didn't. I am just curious!

Oh man, wish we had them here, Just got back and none to be found. Not sure if they had them and sold them or didn't get them in. Got stuff I didn't even know I needed. One little heart pan, lots of nice candy like Dove, Lindor etc for easter baskets, socks for daughter, cookie packs (100 cal ones), wrapping paper, tissue paper, Kelly dolls (these were in the barbie section). Got home and the kitty took his kitty toy right out of the bag, he knew exactly what it was LOL

Now the kid checking me out said that some of the Global Bazaar stuff was ringin up 75% off so worth a shot to scan the items you might be interested in. I might go back in a couple of days.

There is a differance in global bazar & global home. I wonder if the cashier was confusing the two. Some global home items have been 75% off.

I thought the $12.xx was way too high for the Puppies. I did buy them at 50% off but found them today at 75% off. I repurchased them and then returned them with the more expensive receipt.

I scored the 3 Kelly Dolls at $1.24 each. Thanks to the poster who said to check the Barbie aisle.

I still haven't found the LPS; even in the regular toy section. Oh well...c'est la vie.

There is a differance in global bazar & global home. I wonder if the cashier was confusing the two. Some global home items have been 75% off.

yes, he could've of confused it, not sure which was the global home items and he says he stocks the seasonal section, so don't know. I guess its always worth a shot on items that your interested in, might find a surprise with a bigger price redux than expected.

I bought 2 today also but was surprised at the $3.58 it rang up. My grandgirls loves little doggies so I went ahead and bought them but there is no way I would have paid 12.xx for them.

I thought 12.xx was awfully high as well. You can buy sets with as many pups and more accessories in the regular price toy aisle for $9.99. Guess that's why I thought it was a pricing error. I never really pay much attention to what's out for valentines until it hits 75%, so I'm not as plugged in to the price of stuff. I always thought that those little holidiay novelty toys were usually around 5 bucks.

I was so annoyed today...hit a different target than usual (south philly), found one of the Christmas tubes of MLP, came up not found...got excited...went to customer service to ask and told them it was Christmas so it should be 90% off...she got all mad at me and said "i shouldn't even sell it to you!" Said i should be happy that she was "letting" me buy it! I was really annoyed with this girls attitude to say the least :mad: My friend was like "well, it was worth a try" and I was like "i'm not done yet" so when we hit the registers I told the cashier that it was christmas and should be 90% off the ticketed price...she looked at me, and it rang up item not found and asked her how much...but instead of the usual "how's .50?" I got...i can only give it to you for the ticketed price!!! AGHHHHH!!!!!!!!! The store was picked clean of clearance in general, so i won't go there again anytime soon. (yes, i bought the MLP anyways...it was $1.74, it was just the principal of the thing!) ;)

I thought 12.xx was awfully high as well. You can buy sets with as many pups and more accessories in the regular price toy aisle for $9.99. Guess that's why I thought it was a pricing error. I never really pay much attention to what's out for valentines until it hits 75%, so I'm not as plugged in to the price of stuff. I always thought that those little holidiay novelty toys were usually around 5 bucks.

Might well have been. I still think that they have the wrong price on the Disney Cars 3 packs. They are marked $13.99 at all our stores. But Walmart & TRU have them for $9.99. It isn't like Target to be so out of line, so I think they just haven't adjusted it. But who knows?

Might well have been. I still think that they have the wrong price on the Disney Cars 3 packs. They are marked $13.99 at all our stores. But Walmart & TRU have them for $9.99. It isn't like Target to be so out of line, so I think they just haven't adjusted it. But who knows?

I have thought that maybe they price things higher keeping in mind that their items hit clearance(seasonal items). I notice that their Christmas stuff is so much higher than it really should be like something that is marked $7.99 should be $4.99. When our Target came in like 4-5 years ago, they had very comparable prices to Walmart on things like Christmas items and the last few years I have noticed their prices abit higher than Walmart. They do have their regular merchandise priced very competitively to other stores but seasonal type items can be abit higher. Just a thought.

Makeup is 50% off here and I heard that it's gone 75% before, so if anyone spots it at 75% can you please post it here. I wish I could go to target every day but I cant :( , But I do read this forum daily and I would very much appreciate the heads up. :gdthankyou:

I just got home from target, and I found a cute issac mizrahi carry on suitcase. it's pink, with a telescoping handle. It rang up as item not found, and the cashier had no idea what to do. She wanted me to pay full price (89.99) but the suitcase clearly had had a clearance tag at one point, so I asked for a manager. The manger said 30% off because the clearance tag wasn't legible, but I told her that it probably had gone to at least 75% before it left the system. She went and checked it in the back, and came back and gave it to me for 75%. I wish it could have been more off, but what can I say...22.58! I noticed right now that it's missing all of the snap in cosmetic cases, does anyone have any idea how to get those?

my v-day clearance was 75% off as well, got a bunch of choxie and lindt truffles for 1.50.

Today I was on my way to JoAnns to get an 11X16 frame and decided to stop at target first just to look around since they are in the same shopping center. Well to my surprise I found a beautiful frame originally 29.99 for 7.49 on clearence. I also got 2 3 packs dish wash cloths (Valentines) for .74 and I found some Glad ziplock bags the seasonal collection (they must of found them in the back since I was there on Saturday and these were not there) they are the bundle pack of 1 15 freezer bags, 1 40 storage bags and 1 100sq ft cling wrap, I knew these will come up item not found so I did not even bother scanning them, went to check out and the cashiers says how about .39 I was happy with that, I got 4 packs and left the others for someone else to find.

Oh and I found 3 MM juice (grape), I was happy about this also, since all I have been finding have been the Fruit punch and the apple ones so this is a nice treat.

***did not have to go to JoAnns after all***** I love Target!!!!!

OMG!

I went in to get some V-day stuff now 75% and saw a cute trunk thing (distressed cream color) in GB (50%)and it had no price, no UPC nothing. I asked the nice guy if he would be able to scan it for me, he said that he would be able to tell by the description. He still couldn't find it, and wrote down a UPC to take it up front. He said that I would be pleasantly suprised. I said OK, and walked up front. He also happened to be up front ringing (apparently he was the GM of the store!) He was grinning when I got to the register. He scanned it and I about fell over (4.98!) even though I don't know how much it was, I know that GB is $$$ and it was still a fantastic deal...

But it gets better. I also stopped at the one closer to where I live and they had the same one sitting there waiting for me. It had a tag and it's original price was $116!!! I asked the the guy if he could do the same price for me and showed him my reciept. Also let him know that I would be ok if he couldn't, just thought I would ask. He said he could go down to 30.00. I said that was too much for me but appreciated his time to help me. He told if it was still here at 75% off he would remember me and give me the same price I paid at the other store.

Now when I had originally walked up to GB a guy was fighting with him on the price and being kind of a pain.

Once the associate went to help him again, I heard the guy (fighting w/the price) say "YOU JUST TOLD HER 75% OFF!" Well me and my big mouth turned the corner and said "no he would give me the price I wanted WHEN it went to 75% off.

The guy left and Target guy said thks for taking my side! I am going to give that to you for $10.00! He wrote a upc down and told me to take it to the register. I don't know what UPC he gave me but it rang up to 8.50 instead of 10! what a cool guy. I'll definately ask him if I ever have any questions!

So today If I had paid full price I would have spent $230 but only spent 13.50!

Sorry guys I can't find my reciept but I don't think they are the right UPC's anyway.

What a great day!

OMG!

I went in to get some V-day stuff now 75% and saw a cute trunk thing (distressed cream color) in GB (50%)and it had no price, no UPC nothing. I asked the nice guy if he would be able to scan it for me, he said that he would be able to tell by the description. He still couldn't find it, and wrote down a UPC to take it up front. He said that I would be pleasantly suprised. I said OK, and walked up front. He also happened to be up front ringing (apparently he was the GM of the store!) He was grinning when I got to the register. He scanned it and I about fell over (4.98!) even though I don't know how much it was, I know that GB is $$$ and it was still a fantastic deal...

But it gets better. I also stopped at the one closer to where I live and they had the same one sitting there waiting for me. It had a tag and it's original price was $116!!! I asked the the guy if he could do the same price for me and showed him my reciept. Also let him know that I would be ok if he couldn't, just thought I would ask. He said he could go down to 30.00. I said that was too much for me but appreciated his time to help me. He told if it was still here at 75% off he would remember me and give me the same price I paid at the other store.

Now when I had originally walked up to GB a guy was fighting with him on the price and being kind of a pain.

Once the associate went to help him again, I heard the guy (fighting w/the price) say "YOU JUST TOLD HER 75% OFF!" Well me and my big mouth turned the corner and said "no he would give me the price I wanted WHEN it went to 75% off.

The guy left and Target guy said thks for taking my side! I am going to give that to you for $10.00! He wrote a upc down and told me to take it to the register. I don't know what UPC he gave me but it rang up to 8.50 instead of 10! what a cool guy. I'll definately ask him if I ever have any questions!

Sorry guys I can't find my reciept but I don't think they are the right UPC's anyway.

What a great day!

Wow!! you got some great deals. I'm happy for you. I wish something like that would happen to me.

OMG!

What a great day!

Wow!! you got some great deals. I'm happy for you. I wish something like that would happen to me.:cheesy:

sorry didn't mean to post twice.

OMG!

What a great day!

good for you! Without knowing you my guess is that you are a very courteous and sweet person, and this is your good karma coming back to you. :)

Aww, shucks! :blush: Thanks Cokemeyer!

Actually I used to be much nicer to people before I moved to NJ from SC. I am not trying to sound stereotypical, but I feel that I have turned in to a much less trusting and more impatient person. I am doing my best to avoid becoming *that person*.

I also think its because I work down the street from them doing the same thing, and understand how some of the associates are feeling. Maybe they read that when I am talking to them. I am the person who tries to scan as much as possible and not ask if I can help it, ALWAYS puts things back where I got them, and I find myself moving product to the right spot down the aisle. I also find myself picking up trash..I can't help it, it's ingrained! Maybe that's why some of the Target people like me! :D

I have thought that maybe they price things higher keeping in mind that their items hit clearance(seasonal items). I notice that their Christmas stuff is so much higher than it really should be like something that is marked $7.99 should be $4.99. When our Target came in like 4-5 years ago, they had very comparable prices to Walmart on things like Christmas items and the last few years I have noticed their prices abit higher than Walmart. They do have their regular merchandise priced very competitively to other stores but seasonal type items can be abit higher. Just a thought.

That is certainly possible, but they also price match Walmart on items all the time. For several months, they dropped the price on the single pack Cars to $2.97 b/c Walmart had done it. But they eventually (just a couple of weeks ago, in fact) raised them back to $3.29. They also took their Thomas diecast trains down a year or so ago to match Walmart when they started carrying them. But them brought them back to their previous price later.

I just got home from target, and I found a cute issac mizrahi carry on suitcase. it's pink, with a telescoping handle. It rang up as item not found, and the cashier had no idea what to do. She wanted me to pay full price (89.99) but the suitcase clearly had had a clearance tag at one point, so I asked for a manager. The manger said 30% off because the clearance tag wasn't legible, but I told her that it probably had gone to at least 75% before it left the system. She went and checked it in the back, and came back and gave it to me for 75%. I wish it could have been more off, but what can I say...22.58! I noticed right now that it's missing all of the snap in cosmetic cases, does anyone have any idea how to get those?

my v-day clearance was 75% off as well, got a bunch of choxie and lindt truffles for 1.50.

You probably can't b/c it was a Target exclusive to begin with. It wouldn't be something the manufacturer would keep in stock. All Isaac Mizrahi stuff will be clearanced because he did not renew his contract with Target.

Hi! I'm new here and am so happy to have found you! I've been "perusing" for a while, but never in my wildest dreams I would've imagine a site like this! I'm a target junkie as well and thrive on target deals. Thanks to this site I've found greater deals and am so happy to have "sisters" to share them with. So, thank you very much and I hope I can also be of help to you in the future!

Today on a late night trip, I found VD stuff at 75% not a lot left because it was before closing, but I did see some kelly dolls that you guys were talking about. I did get some VD girl sweaters in the 30% rack but scanned 75% off...GB at this store was still 50% and not a lot left. I did find MM! 1 punch, 2 grape, I couldn't believe it! I'm still looking for the toy organizers, but no luck! I saw one last week and I was sure it was going to be at least 50% but kept scanning 30% (41.xx) I did not get it because thats the online price and I figure I could get it at that price anyways. BTW, do you guys rely on the target site inventory when it says "find it at a store"? I've seen "available" in a store and it wasn't there, what's the deal with that? Also, another question why do you guys ask for the DPCI #, is there a way to look it up in the store or do you ask a CS rep?

Something else to keep an eye out for in the regular toy isle is the Doodle Pro. I found several shaped like a heart in the regular toy isle for $1.24. They were purple and red.

Oh my, I saw those in the toys also and decided not to scan it. Wish I had. My DS loves to draw on these. Guess I will check again!

Something else to keep an eye out for in the regular toy isle is the Doodle Pro. I found several shaped like a heart in the regular toy isle for $1.24. They were purple and red.

I bought 2 of these for 50% off because these are GREAT to put into the diaper bag, my 21 month old LOVES to play with these.