Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I know exactly what you mean! I didn't catch the scrapbook bug until my son was older, so I swore that I was going to do a book for him every year of his teenage years. I did his 13 year book pretty faithfully - well his 14 year old book...ummm, not so good.:cheesy: He will be 15 in a few weeks. Guess I'm going to have to get to it. Thanks to everyone for all the heads up information about the scrapbooking supplies!

My daughter is 19 and I have about 18 years to catch up on, so don't feel bad! I wish I did not have to work and I could hire a cleaning lady and lawn service and laundry service...... Then I could just catch up on all that scrapbooking! I was at Target yesterday and was disappointed that there wasn't any good clearence until I went down the rug aisle. I got a really nice big rug for $30 been wanting one forever and since our older puppy occasionally still has accidents, its no big deal if it gets ruined. There is also a lot of sheets and comforters on clearence, can someone post if they go down more-they are at 30-50% now:)

Whenever holiday stuff goes on clearance, I buy what I feel I can't live without when it goes 50% off. If there are still items left at 75% off, then I may buy more. To me finding stuff at 75% off is just gravy.

I did this at Christmas and bought the stuff I had been eyeing since before Christmas when it went 50% off. I figured I would rather pay a few more dollars than miss out completely. And at 50% off, I'm still getting a great deal.

Sometimes I luck out and find the same item at 75% off that I bought at 50% off and of course, I repurchase it and return the item with the higher priced receipt. :razz:

where in the store would this belong (the bouncer)?

I found it on the endcap in the sports section near the bikes.

I have never actually seen this in the store before, so I am thinking that they dont typically carry this in our store and this must have ben an internet return. You never know what kind of internet returns you will find :)

By the way, for those of you that missed the Target 75% toy sale, I found a bunch of toys at K-Mart for 75% off. I picked up an "I Can Play Guitar" for $20!!!

I don't know if anyone is still looking for the shutterfly gifts but they had them @ the castleton(Indiana) goodwill on Sunday!! They were in the glass case marked $4.99 but they were green sticker which is 1/2 off this week! Good deal for $2.50!! So you might all check your goodwill's if still looking, hth!!:)

I found it on the endcap in the sports section near the bikes.

I have never actually seen this in the store before, so I am thinking that they dont typically carry this in our store and this must have ben an internet return. You never know what kind of internet returns you will find :)

By the way, for those of you that missed the Target 75% toy sale, I found a bunch of toys at K-Mart for 75% off. I picked up an "I Can Play Guitar" for $20!!!

The stores only had two or so on hand, so it really is a good find if you can still find them!

Hmmm....A curious thing today, they were prepping all the Vday stuff for clearance at one of my stores. They had moved all the stuff that was scattered throughout the store into the mini-seasonal aisle. All the towels and throws and other random stuff. I have never seen them do it this early before! It almost makes me wonder if they do clearance early this time. It would surprise me, but with Easter so early, maybe they feel they have gotten the most out of Valentines and need to move it out? Maybe they just want to push the other Easter stuff to the floor, too. Or are hoping to get the other items to move before the clearance. I don't know...I just thought it was pretty odd.

I don't know if anyone is still looking for the shutterfly gifts but they had them @ the castleton(Indiana) goodwill on Sunday!! They were in the glass case marked $4.99 but they were green sticker which is 1/2 off this week! Good deal for $2.50!! So you might all check your goodwill's if still looking, hth!!:)

I can't recall if the other poster who bought theirs at Goodwill ever got theirs to work? I would buy some there but if they won't work?????? ANyone know if they were able to???

It's all different kinds of toys. Sometimes it is a matter of the toy having something different about it. For example I bought the V-tech smile pocket game for 75% off. The one that I bought had an Ariel game included and the new one had a Cinderella game included.

Does anybody know that when Target clearances the toys in July, is it only the "summer" toys, or all different kinds of toys?

It is all different types of toys. They move it out to get ready for the new stuff coming in for Christmas. I thought it was August here this year, in the first two weeks.

Does anybody know that when Target clearances the toys in July, is it only the "summer" toys, or all different kinds of toys?

In 2006, I did all of my toy Christmas shopping during the summer toy clearance. :)

I am going through clearance withdrawals too.

I can't recall if the other poster who bought theirs at Goodwill ever got theirs to work? I would buy some there but if they won't work?????? ANyone know if they were able to???

You have 7 days I believe to return to the goodwill, so I would take a chance & just keep your receipt just incase they don't work!!

Edited by amberleigh2

My husband came home last night telling me that one of our friends got a 52" projection TV at Target on clearance for $499!!! Hubby has been wanting a TV sooo bad- I think he was wondering why I didn't find it first!

I haven't seen anything about a 52" projection TV on clearance but this one went on clearance Monday (2/11) for $499.00 and was sold out in my area (DFW) by Monday night! Hope you can find it in your area. Some have been able to get the display model for up to an additional 30% off.

Magnavox 32" Digital LCD HDTV - 32MF337B

DPCI: 008-09-0576

ASIN: B000OWNQM8

Picked up a few things in the dollar spot for 50% off. Also found a trunk organizer - nylon bag that has three smaller sized bags (one of them a cooler bag) that goes in it. Reg. 49.99 for $6.24. Also got the Mr. Magorium's book and sock monkey set for $3.74. 2pk Men's briefs reg $9.99 for $2.48, 2pk ladies panties reg 9.99 for $2.48, Palmolive dish liquid $1.74. Not a bad day but I really had to scrounge for those deals.

Not sure if this is where I should post this. My "local" Target is 30 miles away, so I don't get there much, and don't post much related to their deals. Did a search and didn't see it listed here:

Target $1 off O-Cel-O Expressions Cleaning Product (sponges, etc, in bright colors):

http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/page.jsp?title=coupon_ocelo Expires 4/30/08

Manufacturer's coupons for possible stacking: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/O-Cel-O_US/Home/Related/Coupons/

It's all different kinds of toys. Sometimes it is a matter of the toy having something different about it. For example I bought the V-tech smile pocket game for 75% off. The one that I bought had an Ariel game included and the new one had a Cinderella game included.

It wasn't the change of the game they included that caused it to be clearanced, it was that they changed the actual game system, so the old version was clearanced. They also clear out toys that are being discontinued for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is being discontinued by the manufacturer, sometimes the store simply wants to use the shelf space for something that they think will sell better. But it is just as large as the Christmas clearance. The downside is that they don't do the big jump from 30% to 75%. They drag it out for the fully cycle of 2 weeks at each level. So, when it does go 75%, there usually isn't as much left. Still you can get some great deals!