Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

I didn't hear about this...What happened? :shock:

5 women were shot dead at a Lane Bryant across the street from a Target in Tinley Park, IL. Apparently they shut down the Target while police went in with guns to search for the guy who shot the women. Customers were herded to the front of the store while they searched and then after an hour were told to go home. Big news here in IL.

5 women were shot dead at a Lane Bryant across the street from a Target in Tinley Park, IL. Apparently they shut down the Target while police went in with guns to search for the guy who shot the women. Customers were herded to the front of the store while they searched and then after an hour were told to go home. Big news here in IL.

That is terrible!!

I ended up activating one of my shutterfly gift cards (I found $50 gift cards for $25 here - never went to 75% anywhere near me) and it worked fine. Came up as $50 credit on my account. Whew!

Target was selling Shutterfly gift cards? Was that by the other shutterfly stuff, I have never seen that, that's a great deal!

Went to an out of the way for me Target (Kirkwood) today as I was out that way and didn't find any of the jewelry armoires, but I did find 2 of the Shutterfly mugs at $7.xx each so I bought them and a KitchenAid paper towel holder for $6.xx, no Charmin TP at that one either, but still plenty of Lysol bulk and SoftSoap, Old Spice, and Oil of Olay..now my best buy of the day was a big green Margarator (foMargarita making) on clearance for $49.xx, orgnl price ($99.xx...not a huge savings, but great for the occasional happy juice..lol" Also the ornament storage containers and bow containers were still at $4.98.. Now I have to plan a Margarator party that starts with Target perimeter perusing!!

Has anyone else seen the Margarator on clearance, I have not noticed this at any Targets near me, but would LOVE one of these!!!

Wow that is terrible and I live like 20 minutes from there and sometimes go to that Target. I didn't watch the news today so this is the first I heard of it. That is scary and sad:(

Has anyone else seen the Margarator on clearance, I have not noticed this at any Targets near me, but would LOVE one of these!!!

I have sen them although they haven't gotten moved from the regular aisle as with a bunch of the other kitchen small appliances.

i seen it by me at the same price as previous poster..... half off. it was in the isle with the toaster ovens and microwaves--hope this helps!

When people say "buggys" around here, it's definitely not a shopping cart lol. Around here, buggys belong to the Amish ;)

This is so funny because my fiance is from New York and we are in Alabama (I was born and raised). EVERYTIME I say lets go grocery shopping he says it is "food" shopping and I tell him to get a "buggy" and he tells me it is called a shopping cart.

I went crazy today. I went to 5 Targets and bought:

4 Women's Laptop Carrying Totes $7.xx - originally $40

3 Reebok carry all bags (canvas, drawstring top) $1.xx - originally $8

2 pair of Roller blades $4.xx - originally $25

2 Eddie Bauer rolling backpack carry ons $24.xx - originally $99

1 Kitchenaid 10pc cookware set $24.xx originally $159

1 Hello Kitty sewing machine $24.xx

1 National Geographic microscope $4.xx

that's just the stuff that I can remember. I am sure there was more.

Oh and if you all don't mind if I vent for a minute....

I went last night and bought a couple of the laptop carrying cases, but I only bought 2 and after I got home I got to thinking that we have several other attorneys and paralegals in my office that don't have carrying cases - so maybe I should go back and get the rest of them. Which I did, and ended up being in there for 3 hours.

So anyway, while I'm searching for "hidden" deals, one of the things that I found was that National Geographic microscope. It's the old packaging that went clearance in January. I also had the Kitchenaid cookware set that was NOF and another luggage thing that was NOF. The cashier (who is hateful to begin with) called for someone in toys, housewares, and luggage to get her prices. Now the luggage thing was white but it was EXACTLY like the black one that I had and I told her that I had the only 2 that were back there. She says, "I don't care, this one is white, it's the summer line." YIKES. Okay, so she gets calls on all 3 items. I had been standing there for over 30 minutes at this point. She rings up the microscope at $34.xx WHAT???? No way. I tell her that isn't right. That was the one that clearanced in January. She says, "well, ma'am, when things go on clearance if they don't sell, they go back to regular price." As I wipe the word stupid off of my forehead, I said call your manager, please, I would like to speak to him. He tells the head cashier to handle it. So she gets involved - not my first run in with her over NOF items - and says that she has to charge me what it's ringing up. I said to her, if it was ringing up that would be fine, but that it isn't. It's NOF because it was clearance. She said, no she called toys and that's the number that they gave her. I asked for the manager again. FINALLY he comes up and we go through the whole scenario again. "I have to charge what it's ringing up, I don't undertand what your issue is." to which I reply, if it were ringing up, I wouldn't have a problem with that, but as I explained to both the cashier and the supervisor, it is NOF. It is a different item than the one that the toys associate gave her the number for. He looked directly at the supervisor and says, "WELL, nobody told me that it was NOF." No they didn't because several months ago I purchased some color wonder things that were NOF and they told me that I couldn't have them and when I called for a manager, the District Manager came up and said, "No, you always accomodate the guest." and ever since then I have nothing but attitude from both of them and they treat me like I'm a thief every time I'm in here.

In the end, I got the microscope for the clearance price but I am NOT happy about the way that cashier and the supervisor talk to me.

Adewrell, could you describe the Kitchen Aid cookware set or do you maybe have the DCPI? I would really like to look for this set

Thank you,

Jennifer

This is so funny because my fiance is from New York and we are in Alabama (I was born and raised). EVERYTIME I say lets go grocery shopping he says it is "food" shopping and I tell him to get a "buggy" and he tells me it is called a shopping cart.

DH was in Utah on business trip-while "grocery shopping" they asked him if he wanted a "sack"...in Ohio we call 'em "bags".

Went to an out of the way for me Target (Kirkwood) today as I was out that way and didn't find any of the jewelry armoires, but I did find 2 of the Shutterfly mugs at $7.xx each so I bought them and a KitchenAid paper towel holder for $6.xx, no Charmin TP at that one either, but still plenty of Lysol bulk and SoftSoap, Old Spice, and Oil of Olay..now my best buy of the day was a big green Margarator (foMargarita making) on clearance for $49.xx, orgnl price ($99.xx...not a huge savings, but great for the occasional happy juice..lol" Also the ornament storage containers and bow containers were still at $4.98.. Now I have to plan a Margarator party that starts with Target perimeter perusing!!

When you use this or if anyone else has this please let me know your opinion, just looked on Target.com and it only had 1 1/2 stars. TIA

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

I immediately freaked as I have a good friend whom works there.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

If you got the jewelry armoires, you need to open them. I bought 1 for the wife, got it home and opened it to find it was broken. I took it back to Target and opened the last 2 they had and both were broken. The nice lady at the Customer Services desk said she was sorry, but alot of them had been returned because they were damaged.

OK how do You find hidden deals??????

If I am not mistaken, adrewell was talking about looking for deals that aren't clearly marked. If you follow this discussion regularly you KNOW what is on clearance in most of the country. Quite often you can find those items, not marked at all, or in another department, or less than they are marked. That is especially true the week or two after a big clearance event like what they did with toys a few weeks ago. People do returns. Oh, and there are often online returns, too. So, we search for them.

Now, adrewell, I don't want to get in trouble for speaking out of turn, so if that isn't what you meant, you correct me! :yup:

If you got the jewelry armoires, you need to open them. I bought 1 for the wife, got it home and opened it to find it was broken. I took it back to Target and opened the last 2 they had and both were broken. The nice lady at the Customer Services desk said she was sorry, but alot of them had been returned because they were damaged.

I saw 3 in carts by Cust Svc yesterday, when I was looking at them the lady told me they were all returns do to damage.

I think someone posted about what happened in Tinley Park already. But I'm telling ya'll theres nothing like fate. Hubby and I took our 2 kids up there with the intentions of hitting the Orland Park, Tinley, Matteson Targets. I askd hubby what was up when he passed the exit for Tinley. We LOVE the Tinley one and always look forward to it. He said that he thought maybe we outta go to Orland frst,this was after Isaid I wanted to remind him to look for the step 2 wagon and I wanted to go to Lane Bryant. This was at 10:05

We do our shopping found some goodies, an I went potty. I came out and hubby said theres been a shooting. I was beyond confused. He tells me Lane Bryant. We head out to Tinley and theres 5 helicopters and police lines and what not. TONS of news crews.

Come to find out,5 women were victims of a botchd robbery. Bound , gagged and shot executio style.

I immediately freaked as I have a good friend whom works there.

Turns out she's ok.

The thing is, I dont believe it for a robbery. Lane Bryant robbed??? On a sat? Early in h morning?

I am glad to hear that you and your family are safe. I read it in the newspaper this morning and it made me sick to my stomach.

I hope everyone else is ok too!!

well I had fun today! :lolrun:

I finally found the game chair regular $49.99 for $12.48 Major happy dance!!

I also got

1 pack mm apple juice

4T osh kosh jean $3.24

3T long sleeve t shirt $1.74

various clearanced makeup (revlon/l'oreal)made super cheap with the $2 coupons that are out

garnier nutritionist cleansers clearanced ($3.80-$2 coupon)

all in all a good day! :yelclap:

Anybody have the DCPI for the game chair?

When you use this or if anyone else has this please let me know your opinion, just looked on Target.com and it only had 1 1/2 stars. TIA

lol, used this bad boy last night and I am happy to say that it works wonderfully..also quite happy with all the built in security features, like won't turn on if the lid isn't locked in right, now it really did make me "restaurant style" almost Slurpee like Margaritas..the secret was to let the machine go for about 10-12 minutes to get your Margaritas to the right consistency..before we made the Margaritas we tried some Lemonade packets for the kids and they loved it..just added the Lemonade packets, some sugar, ice and watter and the kids had slushies..the possibilities are endless..I love it..also the spout doesn't leak after using like other "spout blenders" out there. HTH:D